Cheap Hd Dvd Movie Thread

Guest techo_freak
Hi everyone,

I am Velish and I work for PlayboxZone.com.au.

We have received a massive increase in our HD DVD sales (mostly thanks to this forum i think :)) and would just like to say that we will do our very best to fulfill all of the orders, however our stock count is currently not 100% accurate as we update it twice daily but have this week been moving offices, which has created a delay in updates.

There may be some small delays with some of the orders but if we are unable to fulfill any of your orders we will let you know.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Velish

(enquiries@playboxzone.com.au)

Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of users here who will gladly purchase your HD-DVD stock at those prices!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New titles added this morning

http://dvdownunder.com.au/specials_on_hddv...erer=newsletter

Happy shopping B)

FYI

Anything current listed (with our store only), regarless of stock status "should" be available at the time of your order. i say "should" because we have secured stock for all listed titles, BUT i am literally at the computer to monitor the exact stock levels as orders are processed to make the necessary changes manually...was doing it until about 1am this morning, which is why a heap dropped off the list overnight, and a heap of new ones appeared this morning.

stock for most, if not all, of these is EXTREMELY limited, but we did our best to secure as much stock as we could in the short amount of time stock was available (some of the bigger titles were removed from this special approx 20 minutes after we lauched this special they ran out so quickly).

i had thought about merging the 2 specials, AND while they are accessable seperately, you can now access the COMPLETE listing HD specials via this link smile.gif

BTW to make pricing easier, we have simply made the 40% specials pricing $14.95 to $19.95 per title

DVDown Under HD DVD specials -combined list - all under $20 each - while stock lasts

FYI

Anything current listed (with our store only), regarless of stock status "should" be available at the time of your order.

I ordered The Kingdom HD DVD yesterday, and at the time it was showing as "In Stock".

I've just checked the online order status and it is showing as "UNPAID / Order By Request - usually ships in 7-28 days".

Does this mean I'm not going to get it ?

I need to know so I can try and grab it somewhere else if I need to.

I ordered The Kingdom HD DVD yesterday, and at the time it was showing as "In Stock".

I've just checked the online order status and it is showing as "UNPAID / Order By Request - usually ships in 7-28 days".

I am in the same boat and need to make the same decision if anybody can help with any info.

Thanks

I couldn't help myself. Just ordered another 5 titles :)

Including the Kingdom and the Mummy Returns which i missed out on this morning.

Picked up Doom, Apollo 13 and Children of Men too as there were only 9 bucks each

Postage is not cheap which makes each disc $13

cheers laurie

I think there's a LIVE button on their website to talk to someone AndrewW

Hi everyone,

We have received a massive increase in our HD DVD sales (mostly thanks to this forum i think :)) and would just like to say that we will do our very best to fulfill all of the orders, however our stock count is currently not 100% accurate as we update it twice daily but have this week been moving offices, which has created a delay in updates.

There may be some small delays with some of the orders but if we are unable to fulfill any of your orders we will let you know.

Kind regards,

Velish

Hasn't changed since I ordered last night so I am guessing my order will be fulfilled.

Glad you posted here Velish as I could see some non positive feedback with some orders otherwise.

cheers

James

I think there's a LIVE button on their website to talk to someone AndrewW

I got a response to my PM asking the question directly.

I guess it's fingers crossed and hope time :(

Well done on mgoldsmith for taking the time to respond personally and explain the situation.

Well done on mgoldsmith for taking the time to respond personally and explain the situation.

and Velish

Yep, fingers crossed. Just grabbed 18 at a average price of $9.76 including shipping.

Cant complain as long as I get them. Still want batman, transformers and zodiac though..................:(

cheers

James

Hi everyone,

Kind regards,

Velish

Hey Velish, I bet they have gone mad. I love $9 movies in any format. Just ordered 16 titles. Any word when the backordered (nearly all of them) are coming in?

Thanks

Interesting, smokin' aces went from $10 to $20 ... should make it easier to sell off my spare copy ;)

You don't want to swap a copy of Apollo 13 for it do you - like you wouldn't possibly have it already :)

I guess from that tone we've got little hope of our Kingdom HD DVD being supplied then??.....

Would be good just to know so we can hopefully try and get them from somewhere else.

cheers

James

the main supply channel that all stores used to run this special from has been showing most of these titles as unavailable since mid yesterday, so unless they were able to secure additional stock beforehand they are currently relying on old stock status numbers (which is why we've manually monitored ours since yesterday morning, and why we're, as of now, listing all clearance titles as "order by request"..... whereas our separate in-house "HD40 Saver" special IS guaranteed in-stock as we have had it all in stock since before this $9.95 special was even announced.

Further to that, we are still waiting to hear if the $9.95 titles that are on backorder can be ordered under this special offer from the distributor...so we're all literally in the same boat as you guys.... ..suffice to say based on the stock we did manage to order yesterday, i am sure at least 95% of our special stock is secured for our hd dvd customer orders.....

Edited by mgoldsmith

Fellow HD DVD'ers,

Just to let you know that we have now most definitely exhausted all stock we were able to order in for this special, even our manual updating shows it to be the end...for now at least :)

Any orders placed with us at this point would well and truly backorder requests so we've decided to take down the 9.95 special..at least until we find out what the situation is with backorders on monday...fingers crossed that more stock is made available.

our in-house hd dvd special still has a few tid-bits if you're interested, but it too is selling out fast, so best be quick before it is also over.

DVDown Under Exclusive HD DVD Specials - $19.95 and under - only while stock lasts

i gotta say it was a bit of fun keep track of this sale :wacko:

Edited by mgoldsmith