Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

be careful of that "digital centre" price. I looked into it a while back and that price was only applicable if you took out their finance package which has a stupidly high interest rate attached! There may be a way to pay the finance off early and avoid the interest though.

Also, Big Picture People in Melbourne are doing $3,299 on this model.

pxpx

DAMNIT!!!!

$3299!!!!

$550 cheaper in 1 month.

I should have waited 1 month, seriously.

If Pioneer has slashed $1700 of RRP. this week shouldn't they be even cheaper than $3299?

$3299 is around 18% below RRP whereas $3849 is a massive 32.5% drop from the $5699 RRP that they were last week.

Maybe the retailers are holding out.

Has anyone got a better price than $3299. If so would you mind posting it for all to see.

Cheers.

If Pioneer has slashed $1700 of RRP. this week shouldn't they be even cheaper than $3299?

$3299 is around 18% below RRP whereas $3849 is a massive 32.5% drop from the $5699 RRP that they were last week.

Maybe the retailers are holding out.

Has anyone got a better price than $3299. If so would you mind posting it for all to see.

Cheers.

I got $3233

Which store and place did you get that price from???

I am thinking maybe I cancel my P9 and get the XDA instead for an extra $600 (no 26LCD, but 5 yr warranty and a better screen)

If you have a receipt as well that would be grand

Cheers

I got that price from Clive Peters in Malvern, Melbourne. I spoke with a guy named Paul, but Michelle there is very nice too. FWIW I put $1000 down and have 6 months interest free, for cash they would do slightly better, on 18 month, slightly worse, but don't know exacts.

Take Care.

I bought a 508xda today for 4K. Not a benchmark by OP's standard but a damn good deal for Darwin. The guys at JB's made my day. Now to wait for it to be delivered. :D

Morricio, I mentioned your price when negotiating for the panel and the dude was gobsmacked. I used that as a base to work toward 4K. I am pretty stoked with the deal considering this is Darwin. If they can do 4K in Darwin - then perhaps 3.7K could be the next benchmark for those living in large metros. Any contenders?

I have a feeling they will drop quite a bit in a couple months - but I've been waiting too long to upgrade to a real tv. No regrets here.

Hi guys,

Negotiated a match of the Digital Centre price of $3099 on the 508XDA at Clive Peter Braybrook. Price was agreed to over the phone - when I got there he said they would better the DC price & went down to $3076. Delivery will be some time this week. Didn't even have to verify other quotes.

Also Picked up the DVR550HXS for $599.

David Jones would only go down to $3,499 for the TV and wouldn't allow use of the 5 year interest free offer unless you paid the full RRP.

Edited by Hugh Jarse

Hi guys,

Negotiated a match of the digital Centre price of $3015 on the 508XDA at Clive Peter Braybrook. Price was agreed to over the phone - when I got there he said they would better the DC price & went down to $3076. Delivery will be some time this week. Didn't even have to verify other quotes.

David Jones would only go down to $3,499 for the TV and wouldn't allow use of the 5 year interest free offer unless you paid the full RRP.

+10 marks for the choice of Forum Name cracked me up :P:lol:

(Hugh Jarse @ Feb 24 2008, 07:00 PM)

Hi guys,

Negotiated a match of the digital Centre price of $3015 on the 508XDA at Clive Peter Braybrook. Price was agreed to over the phone - when I got there he said they would better the DC price & went down to $3076. Delivery will be some time this week. Didn't even have to verify other quotes.

HJ any chance of posting the receipt??

Very nice price HJ.

I signed up on Saturday with Myers, Perth. $3300 inc delivery on 12mths interest free.

Happy with that, happier when all installed!

Went into Bing Lee today and asked their best price .. the first price they came back with was $3,150 ... so imagine with a bit of bargaining cheaper still ... this price has certainly gone down over the last week or so ... wow!

Based on that initial talk I would say $3,050 is now the place to be at for this TV

Prices should come down even further for both XDA and LX models.

Pioneer just announced that they will begin to sell LCDs and will source their panels from Panasonic. Their first LCD is targeted to be on sale in November, obviously to coincide with the Christmas rush.

Went into Bing Lee today and asked their best price .. the first price they came back with was $3,150 ... so imagine with a bit of bargaining cheaper still ... this price has certainly gone down over the last week or so ... wow!

Based on that initial talk I would say $3,050 is now the place to be at for this TV

Hi mate, great price - can I ask which store that was? I want to pay them a visit on the w/e!