Foxtel Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this spare going to be for FX or still a spare spare for oft rumoured Eurosport HD? If you get a chance can you let us know what A&E is running at. Cheers.

I should have rescanned when I made the post, but it appears that FX HD details have replaced one of the SPARE HD channels now. It was the one that was running at 5.7 Mbps but it's now averaging around 6.6 Mbps. It's the 3rd highest channel bitrate on its 11720H transponder:

3D Channel - 9 Mbps

Fox Sports 3 HD - 8.35 Mbps

FX HD - 6.6 Mbps

Nat Geo HD - 5.4 Mbps

Show Action HD - 5.4 Mbps

W HD - 5.4 Mbps

UKTV HD - 3.7 Mbps

Hi folks

I've just got a cable IQ Foxtel Box, which at present it connected to my old Aconda Loewe via the red/white/yellow composite inputs on the front of the TV. (No composite in on the back, and haven't got around to getting a converter yet).

I was told that I'd get a better picture if I went with S-video out from the Foxtel into one of the scart inputs on the TV. I've done that, sound and picture are OK but in black and white! Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? (Foxtel got me to unplug the cable and switch the unit off and on, and then offered to send a service man at my cost, but I suspect the answer might not require that sort of intervention).

Hi folks

I was told that I'd get a better picture if I went with S-video out from the Foxtel into one of the scart inputs on the TV. I've done that, sound and picture are OK but in black and white! Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? (Foxtel got me to unplug the cable and switch the unit off and on, and then offered to send a service man at my cost, but I suspect the answer might not require that sort of intervention).

Have you gone into the picture settings on the foxbox and changed video output to svideo?(remeber to save after selected).

Doodle beat me to it.

Edited by wheelz

Scart is directional for svideo so you may have the wrong lead,is there an arrow on the scart or does it say in or out on the lead somewhere? If you are using a scart adapter with in & out switch try changing it from one to the other.

Is there a input setting in the tv's menu settings?

Does your iq have 2 scart outputs if so use the one for tv.

Edited by wheelz

So you're going from the s-video output on the IQ to a scart input on your TV, not scart to scart?

I thought s video from Foxtel to TV scart would be better, but think I have a spare scart to scart lying around if that would be better. But still don't understand why the s video out won't give me colour.

Tomorrow there are 2 games of footy (in Melbourne and Tassie), 3 NRL games (Canberra, Sydney and Townsville), a Super Rugby game in Brisbane and 2 games of soccer (in Melbourne and Gosford), it will be interesting to see what is in HD. The footy and Super Rugby will almost definitely be and the game in Townsville (and probably Gosford) won't be.

Tomorrow there are 2 games of footy (in Melbourne and Tassie), 3 NRL games (Canberra, Sydney and Townsville), a Super Rugby game in Brisbane and 2 games of soccer (in Melbourne and Gosford), it will be interesting to see what is in HD. The footy and Super Rugby will almost definitely be and the game in Townsville (and probably Gosford) won't be.

last year all the super rugby games in Australia were HD, the first time i saw something HD from Perth was the super rugby, my money is on HD AFL and Super Rugby, others will fight over any spare HD trucks.