Hdtv Prices

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess once you ask it to, it continually time-shifts until you turn the unit off. Then, when you turn it back on again, you'll need to tell it to time shift again or does it remember the last setting to continue?

Ralfi,

You are correct, it won't remember last settings. And there isn't an option to have the unit cache without asking it to every time you turn it on.

My old LG used to cache all the time, and all those PVR's failed at around the 3 year mark.

I'd like a $1,000 piece of equipment to last longer than that :)

Got 5 year warranty this time, so if it fails again, I was told I was covered for that. And if they don't have the same model, I would get a replacement of the latest model of the same thing.

Hope this is the case.

Cheers. I didn't really want to spend much more than $1200 as its just for the bedroom...and I wouldn't mind a PS3 but the mrs has requested a Wii so some balancing is required!

When your wife says "Balancing", doesn't she mean "Wii Balance Board" ? :)

I got a Wii plus Wii Fit (with balance board) plus MotoGP for $388 from DSE a while ago. Plus Westfield gave me a $20 gift card !

Does JB adopt a "price guarantee" clause similar to GG or HN?

Hi Jazz77, found the following post after searching for it as I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It's on page 157 post #3136. Oh I just figured out how to link it lol!! Phone JB's asap if you havent already. Good luck!! ;)

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1442622

i already said this on another thread but thought it would be more relevant for the past 2 pages

hn's doing 52 inch z5500 lcd for $3295

i bought it for $3595 at jb's and they just refunded the $300 in cash

if anyone has bought sony tv before the sudden price drop this week, ask for a refund

spoke to the jb manager and i heard him say "we GUARANTEE you wont be ripped off" at least 5 times

funny because they still profit heaps from the tv anyway haha

Guest scorpian007
I bought my Sony 46inch W5500 on saturday from JB hifi Belconnen

for $1627

talked to a few other retailers.....they all just laughed..........$1899 was about the closest

mate of mine bought Samsung 8 series plasma with 5 year warranty for $2600.....same store....

Heh, I work in the Hi-Fi section in that store :) You got a killer deal!

Hi Jazz77, found the following post after searching for it as I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It's on page 157 post #3136. Oh I just figured out how to link it lol!! Phone JB's asap if you havent already. Good luck!! ;)

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1442622

thanks, catnap!! i'll certainly give it a go tomorrow. just bought a 40W5500 for $1650 a couple of weeks ago.

i already said this on another thread but thought it would be more relevant for the past 2 pages

hn's doing 52 inch z5500 lcd for $3295

i bought it for $3595 at jb's and they just refunded the $300 in cash

if anyone has bought sony tv before the sudden price drop this week, ask for a refund

spoke to the jb manager and i heard him say "we GUARANTEE you wont be ripped off" at least 5 times

funny because they still profit heaps from the tv anyway haha

hi john, which JB store was it, by the way?

Cheers. I didn't really want to spend much more than $1200 as its just for the bedroom...and I wouldn't mind a PS3 but the mrs has requested a Wii so some balancing is required!

so get the sony and sell the free PS3! would work out not much more than what you are paying...

or get a panasonic s10 or a g10 and sell the free blu ray home theatre... would probably work out cheaper than 1200 because a 50" s10 can be had for 1600.00, i image the 42 to be a hell of a lot cheaper than that!! minus the 300-400 you would get from selling the blu ray HT.

I too am keen on the 50" G10 and would like to know everyone's best price. Anyone got it for less than $1999?

Cheers

I bought my 50 inch 2 weeks ago for $2000, if you can get that price, you're doing very well. If you can beat it, well thats just icing on the cake, but I'd be surprised if anyone could let a g10 go for much less than that. Perhaps after Xmas when they do their sell outs and stock takes.

BT

I bought my 50 inch 2 weeks ago for $2000, if you can get that price, you're doing very well. If you can beat it, well thats just icing on the cake, but I'd be surprised if anyone could let a g10 go for much less than that. Perhaps after Xmas when they do their sell outs and stock takes.

BT

Sounds great Thanks!

I'm fine with $2000. Where did you get it from? Any chance you could post a receipt if it's not too much hassle?

Also what do you guys recommend for a wall mount on a 50"? I had a look in Myer when I was there yesterday but they are charging between $200 - $500 for them. I'm sure these are severely marked up. Selby Acoustics on Ebay have alright looking ones for <$100.

Sounds great Thanks!

I'm fine with $2000. Where did you get it from? Any chance you could post a receipt if it's not too much hassle?

Also what do you guys recommend for a wall mount on a 50"? I had a look in Myer when I was there yesterday but they are charging between $200 - $500 for them. I'm sure these are severely marked up. Selby Acoustics on Ebay have alright looking ones for <$100.

Ive used two 42" mounts from Selby Acoustics and they are great value for money. No problems at all.

The best price I have seen for the 50G10A including delivery and extended warranty is $1,999 which was purchased on the 25.10.09. Someone posted a copy of their receipt and I printed off a copy - sounds like a great deal to me. I was on this forum somewhere recently. A search should be able to locate the receipt!

I'm still trying to decide if the 50 is too big - and what the same deal would be for the 46?

The best price I have seen for the 50G10A including delivery and extended warranty is $1,999 which was purchased on the 25.10.09. Someone posted a copy of their receipt and I printed off a copy - sounds like a great deal to me. I was on this forum somewhere recently. A search should be able to locate the receipt!

I'm still trying to decide if the 50 is too big - and what the same deal would be for the 46?

Bought the 50G10A from Harvey Norman in Chadstone

cost for TV was $2030

with 5 year warranty and a surge protector came to $2260

Edited by ger

so get the sony and sell the free PS3! would work out not much more than what you are paying...

or get a panasonic s10 or a g10 and sell the free blu ray home theatre... would probably work out cheaper than 1200 because a 50" s10 can be had for 1600.00, i image the 42 to be a hell of a lot cheaper than that!! minus the 300-400 you would get from selling the blu ray HT.

Very entrepreneurial...I like the way you think brake.

Sounds great Thanks!

I got my tv from JB HiFi McGreggor - good bunch of guys.

BT