Digitalview Dvr-810 320gb Twin Tuner Hd Pvr

bought a 810 yesterday............yet to hook it up...............,.,..... work xmas party and no hdmi cable...........

why not a toppy??? to buggy.............why not release it without the bugs?? digitalview will be adding features (via firmware upgrades) to their box but they will be testing them before they release them on the public..............

...........unlike toppy and beyo which just hope for the best

Edited by creamop66

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....Ive hooked up my 810............

First impressions are that its very easy to use............

sound through hdmi is softer than that of normal tv...........volume of the 810 is at 100

a few breaks in sound/picture when playing from hd that werent experienced when viewing the program live.

THE BIG QUESTION............I have NO Signal when the 810 is in standby...........can not watch TV through the KURO when the 810 is in standby.........the 810 is the first thing connected the kuro the last??

Edited by creamop66

Same with my 810, when on standby I still get a signal through to my Pioneer 507 but at a greatly reduced level . I have had a few picture / sound breakups too but as I am not watching the show while recording I can't say that it wasn't in the original transmission.

Edited by peterca

bought a 810 yesterday............yet to hook it up...............,.,..... work xmas party and no hdmi cable...........

why not a toppy??? to buggy.............why not release it without the bugs?? digitalview will be adding features (via firmware upgrades) to their box but they will be testing them before they release them on the public..............

...........unlike toppy and beyo which just hope for the best

Famous last words hey after having your first problem. :P

• 1 year later...
Guest xcameraman
As mentioned in the problematic IR Beyonwiz thread, I eneded up replacing that for a customer with the new Digitalview DVR-810. A nice bit of kit. Ok the downsides. No ethernet connection. No buffer timeshifting. It is understood that Digitalview discussed the decision to not include this feature at length, but decided in the interest of HDD longevity to leave this out. This may be a missing killer app for those deciding on a new PVR having used a function like this before, but may not be missed by those who have never owned one.

The postives?

Menus are extremely colourful and easy to understand, expecially those not technically minded. All video connections are simultaneously output, so for those familiar to the Digitalview standalone HD STB, allows you to connect to multiple displays at the same time. It is also a Godsend for those wishing to connect to a display with HDMI, but need composite or SVideo out to also work for inputtting into say a DVD recorder. They have also teamed up with ABC to offer future FW upgrades over the air. Yes, no need to download and install a new FW manually. Solid build, great looking unit ( I think anyways).

Is there anybody out there who has auditioned this unit? Thoughts (good or bad)?

Guest xcameraman
As mentioned in the problematic IR Beyonwiz thread, I eneded up replacing that for a customer with the new Digitalview DVR-810. A nice bit of kit. Ok the downsides. No ethernet connection. No buffer timeshifting. It is understood that Digitalview discussed the decision to not include this feature at length, but decided in the interest of HDD longevity to leave this out. This may be a missing killer app for those deciding on a new PVR having used a function like this before, but may not be missed by those who have never owned one.

The postives?

Menus are extremely colourful and easy to understand, expecially those not technically minded. All video connections are simultaneously output, so for those familiar to the Digitalview standalone HD STB, allows you to connect to multiple displays at the same time. It is also a Godsend for those wishing to connect to a display with HDMI, but need composite or SVideo out to also work for inputtting into say a DVD recorder. They have also teamed up with ABC to offer future FW upgrades over the air. Yes, no need to download and install a new FW manually. Solid build, great looking unit ( I think anyways).

Is there anybody out there who has auditioned this unit? Thoughts (good or bad)?

I am not sure ..but taking a guess...that you (XCAM) want some reassurance about the DVR 810....(hence the double quote post?) :D

I know quite a few people here who have had this PVR for sometime...(I made my decision based on the threads here!!...including the ones on Beyonwiz and the Toppy)...and I bought my Digitalview more than a year ago.

I dont think I ever, for one moment, regretted the decision....I have NO/NIL/ZILCH complaints about the PVR..it is a work horse...powering away, recording, viewing.

If you are considering one, then my opinion is...go for it!! Wont let you down...and also if you trawl through the DVR810 "owners thread" you will find that you will read almost no complaints...excellent customer service and a damn good product...Also have a read through the Toppy and Beyonwiz owners thread...if you are still not convinced !! :winky:

Edited by kwarrior