Speaker / Subwoofer Cable?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get a few opinions on what type of speaker cable to use? I have the following setup:

JBL L series

L880 front

LC1 centre

L810 rear

12" Velodyne CHT-R

The rear speakers will be need approx. 8M cable? The sub and front speakers will be about 3M max.

Any help would be appreciated? My budget is about $300.

Cheers, Micheal

If you are after some hifi bling then you can get some nicer cables (build quality and presentation) from www.htcustomcables.com for a bit more. Whether or not they sound any different with your set up, I doubt.

However they do look seckzy :P

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get a few opinions on what type of speaker cable to use? I have the following setup:

JBL L series

L880 front

LC1 centre

L810 rear

12" Velodyne CHT-R

Cheers, Micheal

That's a very nice set-up you've got yourself there, what amplification are you using???

Hi,

Runnning a Sony 1200ES reciever, picked it up cheap. People seem to love them or hate them but so far so good. Will be picking up my speakers today so I guess the test will come then. I see you have the L810 and LC1, what are your thoughts on these speakers?

They are awsome mate, absolutely love them, am about to pick up a pair of L830 bookshelfs for mains and go 7.1 with four L810s as surrounds and surround backs, don't worry mate you will love them, although they don't get a lot of credit on this forum, in other parts of the world these speakers are getting the acclaim they deserve, Studio L series speakers are quite possibly the most underrated speaker range on the australian market.

Great to hear. Will let you know how they go once I have them all setup properly. What receiver are you looking to upgrade too?

something more musical, probably a Harmon/Kardon or NAD

Have setup my system and the sound is brilliant. The clarity is amazing at all levels and still have to play around with my sub / speaker settings so will hopefully get a little more out of them once setup correctly. The surround with the L810's is great even though they aren't positioned the best due to room shape.

Great to hear mate, i knew you would be happy..........it's great to see another JBL Studio L owner on the forum.