7 Hd Multichannel Has Started

Is anyone else getting Sick of all these Movies on 7HD being 4:3? I sure am.
You need to update your AV gear digitalj. To properly view channel 7 HD you'll need to get a "CRT" which will display all movies full screen and at broadcast PQ :)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to update your AV gear digitalj. To properly view channel 7 HD you'll need to get a "CRT" which will display all movies full screen and at broadcast PQ :)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I am using a CRT, but my HD STB doesn't seem to be able to zoom any longer to remove the black border, so I'd rather have a widescreen tv as I'd only have vertical black bars as oppose to a black border, unfortunately, I have no job and can't afford to upgrade anything :(

yeeppp seen it on the Your TV guide

Speaking of yourtv guide, is anyone else getting grief from it lately? It keeps eating my program / keyword lists, not updating the personal guide wihtout being beaten about the head with a plank, won't apply changes to the channels selected etc.

I've emailed yourtv about it, but not heard a peep (which is normal).

Speaking of yourtv guide, is anyone else getting grief from it lately? It keeps eating my program / keyword lists, not updating the personal guide wihtout being beaten about the head with a plank, won't apply changes to the channels selected etc.

I've emailed yourtv about it, but not heard a peep (which is normal).

It has deleted all my personal guide, i made a new one yesterday and it has been erased.

"The Seven Network switches is HD broadcast to point to its standard definition service when not broadcasting native HD programming."

Straight from DBA. It is False, I can't believe DBA actually put stuff on their website that's false.

OH MY GODDD!!

7HD is showing Twitches and That 70's Show during 6:30 - 8:00pm primetime saturday, thats awwweeeesome!

hrmm..... and it'll be in 4:3?

Shame, they should at least put on repeats of My Wife and Kids in HD (I hope that was in HD as I watched it in HD - a while ago..)???

hrmm..... and it'll be in 4:3?

Shame, they should at least put on repeats of My Wife and Kids in HD (I hope that was in HD as I watched it in HD - a while ago..)???

Yep that Show is HD, Except the last Season is only SD along with the last 2 Seasons of According to jim and Hope and faith. Don't why when it's HD in America.

"The Seven Network switches is HD broadcast to point to its standard definition service when not broadcasting native HD programming."

Straight from DBA. It is False, I can't believe DBA actually put stuff on their website that's false.

Well, last night at about 4am when I looked at 7HD it was pointing to 7SD, confirmed 576i resolution and MPEG audio.

I'd presumed they were upgrading something, but maybe the above statement is the reason for it.

I hadn't noticed until I was cutting a section from Reign of Fire but good news. Seven have upped the bandwidth of 7HD to an average of 13.83Mbps (one hour sample). It certainly looks much better as a result, I thought it was just a good source. Nice work Seven.

Edit: I should note this is Victoria only according to the DBA News until next week.

Edited by LBM

I hadn't noticed until I was cutting a section from Reign of Fire but good news. Seven have upped the bandwidth of 7HD to an average of 13.83Mbps (one hour sample). It certainly looks much better as a result, I thought it was just a good source. Nice work Seven.

They may have done it for Melbourne due to extra Bandwidth they have there, it will probably happen here next week :)

Just beat me to the edit with that one.

Of interest, it seems to be a constant bitrate so a small 1 minute segment gave the following.

7HD - 13.83Mbps

7SD - 6.15Mbps

7 Guide - 1.03Mbps

Null - 0.87Mbps

...plus the various audio.

13.83Mbps is much better than their 10.5Mbps earlier this year, in fact 13.83Mbps is 3.33Mbps more :)

hell yeah the PQ on 7 is bad for me for some reason, But they show awesome movies, I watched that Reign of fire, and then predator. Quality isn't the best, But still awesome movies!

Our local CH 7 Has just moved to a way bigger and better location, I wonder if it's so they can get a bigger dish and stuff? I did see images of it, and the dish's are like way bigger than before, the whole place is.

Edited by Josheh