Fifa 08 Glitches

Hey,

is anyone else having problems/ glitches in their crowd/environments in fifa 08 on the ps3? last night i had some friends over and in every game we play the crowd was just a big black glitch/noise. Its like the game hadnt decided if there were going to be people watching the game or not. It was really crap and distracting. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have the 360 version, but have not seen this problem. I do know of bugs in the 360 version however, such as if you change the player on the main screen from Ronaldinho to anybody else, the game will constantl;y ask and download the latest squads every time you want to play online, meaning by the time you get to the game the opponent has left the lobby. Another glitch I found is switching the "podcast" on usually locked the game up, just before start, whether you are trying to play online or against the CPU.

But seeing as its EA, Im not surprised.

Hey Pauly-G, this happened to me the very first time I played it as well. I did some research and there were/are a number of forums discussing the crowd problem. Apparently it's a bug in the code and simply ejecting the disc and inserting it again or rebooting the console addresses it 99.9% of the time (stat not based on scientific research!!). When I played it again the next day, it was perfectly fine and has been ever since. So it might just be one of those things that sporadically happens, but I took some comfort in knowing it wasn’t just me or my console, it's definitely a known issue in the code.

Hey Pauly-G, this happened to me the very first time I played it as well. I did some research and there were/are a number of forums discussing the crowd problem. Apparently it's a bug in the code and simply ejecting the disc and inserting it again or rebooting the console addresses it 99.9% of the time (stat not based on scientific research!!). When I played it again the next day, it was perfectly fine and has been ever since. So it might just be one of those things that sporadically happens, but I took some comfort in knowing it wasn’t just me or my console, it's definitely a known issue in the code.

Hey thanx a bunch for that guys. Yeh I have noticed all the games i get from EA are buggy or have poor framerates. They still make pretty good games tho so i cant complain. Just wished they'd release finished versions rather than what seems to be beta versions. most other game companies like insomniac are nailing it...they have no excuse.

Anyway thanks for the help, the reboot and ejection sorted it out. But i had mates over who have 360's with the same game and they persisted to mock my purchase of a 'playstation 2 1/2' cuz i always spout about how good the ps3 'is going to be' lol. Kinda put me in my place when my version looked like it did when theirs was running smoothly.

Edited by Pauly-G