Dgtec Hd8710 - Channel 7 Hd Has No Sound

Hi All,

I just got a new DGTEC HD8710 HD set top box and its connected via HDMI to a Sony LCD.

Anyway, all channels work fine except 7 HD where I can get picture but no sound on certain programs. One example was Ugly Betty were there was no sound but once it went to the commercials, sound was back. I had a Hotchip box previously also connected via HDMI which did 7 HD with sound no probs.

I have tried pressing the audio button to cycle through the different output options but nothing gets sound to work on 7 HD on these certain programs.

Can anyone think of what the problem could be?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest petros
Problem sorted. It was the firmware.

DGTEC sent me new firmwawre version which fixed the issue.

hey mate

please can you tell me where you got the new firmware because I have the same problem

• 3 weeks later...

When connecting my DG-HD8710 to my Sony LCD tv via HDMI - I get a green tinge to the picture. Would it be a dodgy HDMI cable?

Ended up being a bad HDMI cable. All fixed now. I also had a problem with one of the channels not playing sound (as above). Rang DGTEC and they e-mails me some new firmware. 10 minutes of fiddling and finally managed to load the firmware. All works great now.

Nice unit on the whole.

• 2 months later...

If someone can also tell me where to get this "firmware" or is willing to email it I'd also be happy.

I just phoned them and they expect me to post my unit from Cairns down to Melbourne to get it fixed. At my expense and probably 2 week turn around.

It'll be thrown in the garbage first.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the firmware. Let me have your email address and I can send it. Otherwise call the DGTEC helpline and ask them to email it.

I think the whole issue is really dodgy. Why a new model needs a firmware upgrade is ridiculous. I only have a 8710 as they gave it to me to replace 2 9000 series models which both keep freezing. ANd then when I get a new model it needs new firmware within 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! Dodgytec is right

• 3 weeks later...
I have the firmware. Let me have your email address and I can send it. Otherwise call the DGTEC helpline and ask them to email it.

I think the whole issue is really dodgy. Why a new model needs a firmware upgrade is ridiculous. I only have a 8710 as they gave it to me to replace 2 9000 series models which both keep freezing. ANd then when I get a new model it needs new firmware within 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! Dodgytec is right

Hi Rufus,

Can I get a copy of that new firmware as well please?

I've tried PMing you but you apparently don't allow PM's

Can you please PM me with your normal email address?

Thanks

Muzzer

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

I just got a new DGTEC HD8710 HD set top box and its connected via HDMI to a Sony LCD.

Anyway, all channels work fine except 7 HD where I can get picture but no sound on certain programs. One example was Ugly Betty were there was no sound but once it went to the commercials, sound was back. I had a Hotchip box previously also connected via HDMI which did 7 HD with sound no probs.

I have tried pressing the audio button to cycle through the different output options but nothing gets sound to work on 7 HD on these certain programs.

Can anyone think of what the problem could be?

I too have the same problem, but i get no sound on WIN HD when watching movie, I've noticed there is some background noise and music, but I can't hear people talking.

My TV is Sony 32" KLV32S200A.

I too have the same problem, but i get no sound on WIN HD when watching movie, I've noticed there is some background noise and music, but I can't hear people talking.

My TV is Sony 32" KLV32S200A.

I think you need to contact Dgtec for a firmware upgrade as per earlier post.

And thanks for making time to join the forum especially when your'e so busy at the moment.

I thought you went well in the debate. :P

• 2 months later...

I got one of these today, real cheap. But no remote, cables or manual.

Is it possible to use the buttons to get a Composite Out signal working? I can't seem to get a picture at all, the menu button seems to do nothing. When I plug it into my LCD and CRT monitors I just get an out of sync error.

It looks like it is set to HDMI output, but I can't work out how to set it to anything else without the controller. Is it possible?

Would factory defaults make it composite and how do I reset it?

I got one of these today, real cheap. But no remote, cables or manual.

Is it possible to use the buttons to get a Composite Out signal working? I can't seem to get a picture at all, the menu button seems to do nothing. When I plug it into my LCD and CRT monitors I just get an out of sync error.

It looks like it is set to HDMI output, but I can't work out how to set it to anything else without the controller. Is it possible?

Would factory defaults make it composite and how do I reset it?

Double post!

Actually I worked it out.

Just hold down the Down arrow and turn it on, keep holding until it starts cycling through some gibberish. The Gibberish is actually the output plugs to select, so I chose ECub for Composite and plugged it into the CVBS plug and it worked on my TV. Nothing I did would make the Composite out plug work (above the SVIDEO) or is Composite supposed to be mono audio or something?.

Now I can scan channels and see the menu, but it asks for a PIN when I choose settings. I have no PIN and I can not enter one without the controller, how do I reset it?

Now I can scan channels and see the menu, but it asks for a PIN when I choose settings. I have no PIN and I can not enter one without the controller, how do I reset it?

Hi,

I bought one of these (from David Jones in Chatswood) and have just finished installing it.

What a steep learning curve!

The factory pin is 0000.

Jen

Why would you buy one without a remote and manual

Because I don't know what my Digital reception is like and it was $30 with the option to return it if it didn't work. It does work though ;)

Now I just want to see if the firmware update will fix some aspect ratio issues.

I have

HW: V1005

SW: V100501

Loader: V01

Does anyone have firmware for dg8710_v100501 ?

I tried NEW_flash_dg8710_v100507_070511.zip, but it didn't seem to change my system info in the player. Probably because the file is for updating 100507 not 100501. The serial connection seems to have worked. It output this.

Request for send data...
Handle_shake and dvb will not try on
P10046_BootByHost.
DSP version is 0x0 
DSP is Ready.
Asic_Init Successful.
TUNER <-Ter-TDFS-G431D->Initialisation success !!
Creating Application Message queues...
E2PROM AND FLASH DBASE MGR INIT SUCCESSFUL!
STMERGE-REL_1.2.0
VID virtual io kernel address of phys 0x38002000 = 0x38002000
VID compressed virtual io kernel address of phys 0x38002000 = 0x38002000
ES buffer Base:0xc2bde900 - Top:0xc2de08ff
SC buffer Base:0xc2de0900 - Top:0xc2e0bbd0
PES buffer Base:0xc2e0bc00 - Top:0xc2e69bff
VID DISP io kernel address of phys 0x38202000 = 0x38202000
STVID_Open()=ST_NO_ERROR
STAUD_Open()=ST_NO_ERROR
creat HDMIMonitor task successfully 

YxlInfo:her1STVID_Stop[STVID_ERROR_DECODER_STOPPED]=
STVOUT_Disable()=STVOUT_ERROR_VOUT_NOT_ENABLE
STVID_Start()=ST_NO_ERROR

YxlInfo:her11
CH6_ShowViewPort(&CH6VPOSD) is successfulSTVOUT_Disable()=STVOUT_ERROR_VOUT_NOT_ENABLE
STVOUT_Disable(AUX)=STVOUT_ERROR_VOUT_NOT_ENABLE

CH6_ShowViewPort(&CH6VPOSD) is successful
CH6_ShowViewPort(&CH6VPOSD) is not successful
==============================================
DATABASE Driver version[1.2.0]
Database Initialisation : OK
Timer=> create Timer_process success
creating EPG PROCESS process Prio[7] Stack[8192]
creat keyboard task successfully 
pt process ok
Successfully started USIF process
Allocating STPTI buffer...

YxlInfo:testAllocating STPTI slot...
Clearing STPTI slot pid...
Allocating STPTI signal...
Calling STPTI_SignalAssociateBuffer()...
Calling STPTI_SlotLinkToBuffer()...
STTTX_Init(STTTX)=STTTX_ERROR_EVT_REGISTER
STTTX_Open(STB)=ST_NO_ERROR
STTTX_SetSource(STB)=ST_NO_ERROR
creat WatchDog task successfully 

=============================================
Built on Jun 16 2006 at 12:01:28
Chip STi7710 
CPU Clock Speed = 200000000
==============================================

YxlInfo():VPid=512 AVid=650 PVid=128STVID_Stop()=STVID_ERROR_DECODER_STOPPEDSTVID_Start()=ST_NO_ERROR

That last error is just what happens when you don't have the aerial plugged in I think.

Yes, using the OK button on the machine. No aerial or tv plugged into it. It just seems to boot up and doesn't have any sort of "uploading" sequences going on. I left it on for 3 minutes to see if it was doing it, should I wait longer?. Is there a point where I need to stop holding OK ?

I loaded up temu.exe and loaded the .sdl file. Is there anything else to do in temu.exe ?

Did the firmware fix the aspect ratio issues? It didn't for me :( .

No.

I use the CVBS output and the 4:3 ratio is too tall (skinny heads), if I switch my TV to 16:9 it is not quite tall enough (fat heads).

I can't seem to use the Coaxial output plug at all above the S-Video plug.

It might not be the same problem you are having though because I can't access the settings panel without a remote :/

• 4 months later...
No.

I use the CVBS output and the 4:3 ratio is too tall (skinny heads), if I switch my TV to 16:9 it is not quite tall enough (fat heads).

I can't seem to use the Coaxial output plug at all above the S-Video plug.

It might not be the same problem you are having though because I can't access the settings panel without a remote :/

What null-modem connection settings did you use to update the firmware of the DGTEC 8710? Like the rate, data bits, etc? I have the file and am using Temu, but I cannot get it to communicate with the set-top-box.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

hilcam@tpg.com.au

Guest Mullett
What null-modem connection settings did you use to update the firmware of the DGTEC 8710? Like the rate, data bits, etc? I have the file and am using Temu, but I cannot get it to communicate with the set-top-box.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

hilcam@tpg.com.au

I didn't use a null modem cable for mine (at least it wasn't marked as such) - just a normal 9 pin serial cable. However under Windows XP the loader program kept erroring out, even though it started communication (2 different PCs).

Tried an old machine with Windows ME and loaded update successfully.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

Could somebody please send me a copy of temu.exe.

DGTEC have (after a 2 week wait) sent me the flash file but not temu, and there are no disks in the box & nothing for download on their site.

Also their 7 days a week 8am to 8pm "help" line is now 9-5 weekdays. Could wait till Monday to ring them but I'm concerned that by the time I receive it the Olypics will be over! :rolleyes:

Thanks! (sorry about the rant)

Steven

therron36@yahoo.com.au

• 11 years later...

Hi,

I know this is a long shot but would anyone still have the firmware update for the DGTEC DG-HD8710 Set Top Box ?

If so could you email it to me at:   won.acre@gmail.com

My DG-HD8710 is hardware version V1005 and it currently has firmware version V100504. I understand that the latest firmware was V100507.

My STB can not tune any HD channels, only SD channels.

Thanks for any help...Eladb