Reception Or Stb Prob ?

Hi, I have recently set up a Sony HDSTB to my V series 32 Bravia, and I got all the stations & the PQ was excellent.

I live in a block of units in Merewether and other residents (in the last few days) had poor reception on 5 and 7 (ABC & Prime) they don’t have a STB, & I also had poor reception on SD, but through the STB it was fine, so it didn’t really bother me.

The residents arranged for an Arial tech to fix the poor reception and he did, but since then i can’t get 10 at all, & all ABC`s are poor with the picture breaking up.

Please if anyone has any suggestions as to how to rectify the problem, let me know.

I have re-scanned channels a few times, but still it fails to pick up 10 ?

Regards

Brick

Can u identify if the new/old antenna was pointing at the Merewether (Cooks Hill - Mosbri Crescent) or Mt Sugarloaf (Primary Newcastle/Hunter Valley) transmitter. Did u have to re-tune the tele for analogue Seven and ABC?

The Southern Cross Ten Digital is not operational on the Cooks Hill site yet, so this may be an explanation?

But why r u having troubles with Digital ABC but not Digital SBS? (adjacent channels UHF 37 & 38).

Perhaps u should get hold of the contact number of the antenna tech and discuss the problem. Perhaps he's added/changed an amp which may not be helpful?

Per my earlier post, I can only guess he's replaced the existing antenna which pointed at Sugarloaf, with a little UHF job pointing at Merewether (Cooks Hill - Mosbri Crescent). Ten is not operational on that transmitter yet! This will be your stb channel allocations (uncahnged).

36 - NBN

37 - ABC

38 - SBS

51 - TEN (planned for 2007)

53 - PRIME

So you've been jewed out bigtime (perhaps)! The installer maybe doesn't even understand? :blink:

So back to analogue ten for a while. :D

This is quite odd, as without any alterations (on roof) i ran a scan this moring and now have SC10 HD & SC 10 Newcastle, earlier I also picked up TEN Digital, Ten Guide & Ten HD ???, but now the 3 `Tens` have no picture or sound (I can only see their respective i-plates)...???

THe tech came this moring and the actual pole on the roof needs replacing, he replaced the amp and ariel, but placed the new ariel much lower on the roof pole, so maybe thats why I couldn`t get SC 10, but now I can...which in itself is strange as nothing has changed ????

I dunno.

It's most important to work out which way the antenna is pointing. Sugerloaf or Merewether.

It was possibly getting some 'fortuitous' TEN reception from Sugerloaf in the higher position, which was eliminated when lowered. A perfectly reasonable action if pointing to Merewether.

As the signal from Sugarloaf is now very marginal, it may come and go depending on the 'sun and the moon and .....'

How are the other digital channels? All hi quality?

It's most important to work out which way the antenna is pointing. Sugerloaf or Merewether.

Its still pointing to Cooks Hill (I`m in Merewether)

How are the other digital channels? All hi quality?

Yep, except now SC10/HD are a little patchy at times, but OK, this will probably be fixed when the new ariel is moved to the top of the pole (this is how it was with the old ariel = ALL channels XLNT PQ).

All 3 Ten chanels are now gone...bummer.

Anyway I`m just happy knowing how to the rectify the problem, and not having a doddgy Sony HDSTB.