Pioneer 50-inch $6,499 - Pdp507xda, 42-inch $4,999

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit OT but I've lost SD and HD Ten and all SBS digital on my 2 week old 507 and showing just 10% signal strength even though the $99 SD Set Top Box in the bedroom can pull 75% signal strength from the same aerial. Have tried rescanning a number of times and still no luck. Called Pioneer, explained the situation and they are coming out tomorrow to fix it. I suspect splitter/filter problem, anyone else have similar problem? or ideas on what might be causing this?

All cabling is relatively new (approx 3 years)

NAPF Electonics have a full page ad in this morning's telegraph (sydney newspaper)

"We'll beat any competitor's price"

"Panasonic 50"HD Tuner, HDMI, Made in Japan $4,067"

They are a 'shopfront'

http://www.napf.com.au/

Geez, they're getting 'affordable'

NAPF show up in the Pioneer Australia dealer locater, so they are not a "grey import" eBay store

Don't forget when looking at eBay ratings that you can't submit feedback after 3 months, i.e. it does not include pi55ed off people who later tried to use the claimed warranty, so a store that offers "free beer for life 4 months after purchase" will have a good rating even if they never deliver the beer).

I suspect splitter/filter problem, anyone else have similar problem? or ideas on what might be causing this?

All cabling is relatively new (approx 3 years)

I have two outlets in my lounge room. One is crystal clear and the either is sh*te. Found this out when I was repainting recently in preparation for the new plasma. Had moved the old CRT to the 2nd outlet and PQ was shocking . Both outlets coming from the same aerial - wiring about 4 years old. I put it down to the splitter.

I have two outlets in my lounge room. One is crystal clear and the either is sh*te. Found this out when I was repainting recently in preparation for the new plasma. Had moved the old CRT to the 2nd outlet and PQ was shocking . Both outlets coming from the same aerial - wiring about 4 years old. I put it down to the splitter.

thanks diesel, I removed the splitter and got much stronger signal on digital but still no Ten or SBS after a rescan. Pioneer Tech coming out today so will post up what the problem was later

EDIT: problem solved, was a faulty splitter. Replaced and now have strong signal strength and ALL digital channels back.

Edited by Lebowski

have had the 507 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. Watched Letterman tonight and the PQ was simply mind blowing, so much detail I enjoyed the show even though I'm not a big Letterman fan. Watching the tennis now and PQ is pretty good in SD. Pioneer FTW

have had the 507 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. Watched Letterman tonight and the PQ was simply mind blowing, so much detail I enjoyed the show even though I'm not a big Letterman fan. Watching the tennis now and PQ is pretty good in SD. Pioneer FTW

Is it a disadvantage that the 507 is not 1080p true HD.

For example:

1. When viewing HD tv programs.

2. Using a Blu-ray DVD player with Blu-ray DVD's.

3. Is 1080p only relevant for computer games.

It will accept 1080p @ 24 Hz but rescale to the panels specs. General consensus seems to be that if you're sitting close enough to the screen you MAY notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p otherwise it's RRP is $4500 less than the 50" 1080p equivalent!

Thanks.

I was concerned when I saw a Sony X LCD 1080p showing a HD demo disc program, the picture was crystal clear. But very ordinary on normal tv programs.

Has anyone tried Blu-ray on their 507 (what is the picture like), JB only seems to run Blu-ray on the Samsung LCD.

How do we know if the supposed HD tv programs are really HD or just SD converted to HD.

First time posting. Have been looking at getting a Plasma for a while. 42" is all I need. Think the Pioneer clearly has the best picture, although I know when you get it home it will look different.

The best price I have is from JB in Brighton (Melb) for $3750. How does that compare?

First time posting. Have been looking at getting a Plasma for a while. 42" is all I need. Think the Pioneer clearly has the best picture, although I know when you get it home it will look different.

The best price I have is from JB in Brighton (Melb) for $3750. How does that compare?

Anything but Monster.

I suggest you search around the countless threads on DVD and HD-DVD (also Blu-Ray) players.

Read the pinned FAQs especially the one on DVD-R's and PVR's.

By the weekend you'll be full bottle on the options.

Start with the pinned ones in my signature.

Thats a big call.....'anything but monster'.

Whilst I agree that Monster are overpriced, and sometimes greatly so, I would not call them bad cables.

If you could get Monster for the right price, I don't think you would be disappointed in picture/build/sound quality.

Goodluck, nice screens the Pioneers.....

Is it a disadvantage that the 507 is not 1080p true HD.

For example:

1. When viewing HD tv programs.

2. Using a Blu-ray DVD player with Blu-ray DVD's.

3. Is 1080p only relevant for computer games.

like others have said, at the right viewing distance I don't think there's much in it.