Sony Bravia V With Samsung Hd Stb

So I got my lovely Sony Bravia 32' V series today and hooked it to my Samsung HD STB. It was excellent - until I noticed that the STB menus, guides and channel entering doesn't show. Nothing except the signal shows on the Sony. On my old Panasonic 22' LCD, I could change all the settings and everything. What's going on? Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

So I got my lovely Sony Bravia 32' V series today and hooked it to my Samsung HD STB. It was excellent - until I noticed that the STB menus, guides and channel entering doesn't show. Nothing except the signal shows on the Sony. On my old Panasonic 22' LCD, I could change all the settings and everything. What's going on? Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, strange one, the best I can figure is some sort of remote compatibility problem. Try blocking the remote sensor on the bravia and see if it works then.

nup, thats not it. i just tried it. samething happened. one thing i forgot to mention: when I press the menu button on the sammy stb remote, the tv screen flickers, and same when i press the return key after. I think that means that the samsung is processing the request to access the menu, but for some reason it isn't showing up

Have you tried training your STB remote?

My Sony STB has a section of codes at the back of the manual for training it to control other brand TVs.

The codes may even be updated online

nup, thats not it. i just tried it. samething happened. one thing i forgot to mention: when I press the menu button on the sammy stb remote, the tv screen flickers, and same when i press the return key after. I think that means that the samsung is processing the request to access the menu, but for some reason it isn't showing up

Don't know if this box is similar to the LG but can you select what output, ie. HDMI, component, S-Video? If this is the case cycle through them when you are using the menu and see if that makes a difference

Regards