2x Versus 1.5 Zoom ?

Howdy,

I'm a bit confused about the difference between a 2x zoom and a 1.5 (yes I realise it's .5 :blink: ).

My 2 final PJ choices are The Sanyo Z4 which has 2x and the Epson TW600 with 1.5

I want a projector than I can place as close to the wall as possible and hence assumed that the Z4 with 2x zoom would be superior.....

However when using the various Throw Distance Calculators on the web, both Projectors show as being around 3M away to project a 100 screen at max zoom ?

If someone could put me straight re the difference, I'd be much obliged

Johnno

Howdy,

I'm a bit confused about the difference between a 2x zoom and a 1.5 (yes I realise it's .5 :blink: ).

My 2 final PJ choices are The Sanyo Z4 which has 2x and the Epson TW600 with 1.5

I want a projector than I can place as close to the wall as possible and hence assumed that the Z4 with 2x zoom would be superior.....

However when using the various Throw Distance Calculators on the web, both Projectors show as being around 3M away to project a 100 screen at max zoom ?

If someone could put me straight re the difference, I'd be much obliged

Johnno

Z4 will be able to be placed 50% further away than the Epson for any given screen size.

Most calculators allow you to extend the throw distance for any given screen. Check the projectorcentral.com CalculatorPro