Lg 76cm Super Slim Crt Tv With Inbuilt Hd Tuner - 32fs4d

hello i want to buy a tv mainly for my xbox 360

Does anyone know for certain what the lg and samsung display at 60hz

i really want to buy one of them and i don't really care about the built in tuner.

So in just terms of picture quality which one is better.

I'm guessing at this price, 720p at 60hz must be too good to be true.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

i had my TV upgraded today. It looks all ok to me with no lip sync problems. Im happy to report further if people give me some help with what they want checked.

Of Interest the Tech did a complete rescan of the channels as he said settings may have changed.

He also mentioned that if you are a sports lover rescan in Feb as there may be new free to air sports channels up and runing. Something to do with the "Use it or loose it" campaign the TV stations have been running.

Regards

John in Brisbane

Im happy to report further if people give me some help with what they want checked.

hey John, i'm interested to see how your new TV is going. i'd particularly like to know if you have the sync issues that many are reporting. also, how do you find the picture quality

cheers

I need to find out if the non-tuner LG 76cm actually does display 1080i/720p, then I could recommend it, as it does 100Hz and is only $999.

No HDMI input though (2 component)...

I'm keen to know if this set displays 1080i/720p also. The LG website states that it's 1080i compatible, not capable like the 32fs4d.

Anyone have any idea?

Cheers all.

Ps. Thanks for answering my other question JB :blink:

Well, I've owned one of these for two months. I've had the audio synch problem but I've held off getting the upgrade until someone said it actually made a difference (have a PVR, so generally use that anyway).

Turned it on Saturday morning, and it's died. :blink: Just a thin horizontal line across the centre, then a pale blue screen filled with lots of whitish horizontal lines and then it turns its self off. I'm so pissed off. It's only been out of the box and plugged into the wall for less than two months (if it had lasted till Tuesday it would have been exactly two months). So now it's time to pull out the warranty and see what happens, I'm not holding my breath that it'll be back before Christmas. Looks like it's back to 51cm 4:3 hell for the foreseeable future.

ARGH

Blue.

Not what i wanted to hear, as i just plugged mine in about 3 hrs ago!

I have the lip sync problems but it only happens on channel ABC HD and SBS HD.

So far they are the only dramas i have had, though i have only been watching about 20 mins of tv. PQ was great, even on standard settings.

Just hope mine doesnt die, i paid 1200 from HN at city cross with a 7 year warranty.

so does anyone actually own the 32FS2ANB model? 100Hz, etc.. without the digi-tuna or HDMI ??

love to know how it looks ? I'm running a WinMCE PC with DVI / Component out, has a HD tuna.

are you happy with this set ??

just saw the 32FS4D @ JB and thought the picture was very nice ..once I'd adjusted it and put it on Channel 7 HD... geez those JB guys can be silly!

Still not convinced by plasma / lcd..

Any thoughts ??

Cheers

Well I have been trialing the "upgraded" tv now for a while and it looks like SD broadcasts are fine but HD is hit and miss. Sometimes in sinc and often not. For me it means that I will be using the SD channels now because to be honest I cant tell the difference in quality (is there really one or is it irrelevant for this TV?). So if you want a SD in-built tuner TV then I have found this to be a good TV. :blink:

i had the tech guys come out earlier this week. the software upgrade has merely altered the sync - it's a little better but definitely not 100% on all channels. i've asked them to come out again and that's scheduled for next week

there is a marked improvement in quality on my set between the SD and HD broadcasts for 9 and 10. the picture quality is superb and i suffer none of the geometry issues other 16:9 CRTs can have

if we are to believe the US LG site at http://tinyurl.com/jzpkg then, this like the 30fs4d, is a native 1080 HD CRT. it's a pity that this information is not able to be verified more easily

so does anyone actually own the 32FS2ANB model? 100Hz, etc.. without the digi-tuna or HDMI ??

love to know how it looks ? I'm running a WinMCE PC with DVI / Component out, has a HD tuna.

are you happy with this set ??

just saw the 32FS4D @ JB and thought the picture was very nice ..once I'd adjusted it and put it on Channel 7 HD... geez those JB guys can be silly!

Still not convinced by plasma / lcd..

Any thoughts ??

Cheers

So I take it as a no then ?

Nicko_84

I live in melbourne and i just bought the 32FS4D yesterday and very happy with how it looks. I've just got a $40 bunny ears antenna and that seems to run pretty good on the built in set top box.

Everything works fine and looks great. SBS does have a bit of an audio delay but i'm not fussed since i don't watch SBS anyway. I've only had one little problem and that's Channel 9. It doesn't have enough signal and just shows a black screen and crashes if i don't change the channel witch i don't think it should be doing. I'm going to try and re-scan the tv channels tonight because when i did it the first time i didn't realise that my antena wasent extended completely and might not have been getting a good enough signal. Still shouldn't be crashing if it can't find enough signal.

Just wondering if everyone else that is having the digital tv problem got bunny ears or an external antenna?

DVD, XBox 360, Channel 10 and Channel 7 all work great and well worth the money i paid for the TV. ($1000)

Edited by Nicko_84

Nicko_84

Tryed to re-scan my cannels to get channel nine working but still no go. It comes up now but still keeps jumping and the singal indicator in the menu says poor signal for that channel. I have to play around with my antenna tonight.

I realised after playing my X-Box 360 that i didn't set the output on my 360 to 1080i, i was only running 420p or something like that. Once I changed it from the X-Box System Menu, the picture was clear and sharp. Better then i've ever seen an X-Box 360 before.

I am very very happy with this TV. Would reccomend only for advanced uses as there are alot of things you need to tweak.

I didnt have to adjust much stuff, i think it was set up pretty good straight outta the box. I have noticed sometimes now lip sync getting out of time on sd channels, might call LG today and see if i can get someone out, although im in regional SA (victor harbor) so im not sure if theyll send someone out. Either way its not really a big issue for me. Now i just need a decent console to plug into it!

Well, I've owned one of these for two months. I've had the audio synch problem but I've held off getting the upgrade until someone said it actually made a difference (have a PVR, so generally use that anyway).

Turned it on Saturday morning, and it's died. :blink: Just a thin horizontal line across the centre, then a pale blue screen filled with lots of whitish horizontal lines and then it turns its self off. I'm so pissed off. It's only been out of the box and plugged into the wall for less than two months (if it had lasted till Tuesday it would have been exactly two months). So now it's time to pull out the warranty and see what happens, I'm not holding my breath that it'll be back before Christmas. Looks like it's back to 51cm 4:3 hell for the foreseeable future.

ARGH

Blue.

Well, they came, had a look, took it away and discovered it was terminal. They then delivered and set up a brand new replacement (and took the packaging away) on Wednesday :P , so I was wrong about after Christmas. Looks like it's got the new firmware. 10 and 9 HD are in synch but ABC and SBS (not 1080i) are still out a bit (not as bad as the old firmware, but still noticeable). Haven't checked 7.

Wow, It's so huge compared to the old 51cm :D

Blue.

Guest nzoreo1503560948

so is this audio out of sync problem due to the tv or the settop box, does anyone of this problem with the LD thats without the settop box and has their own box?

I'm considering buying this TV, because my Samsung is STILL persisting with this off-colour patch in the top corners (mostly the left) and I STILL don't have a solution to get rid of them forever.

I have noticed the audio sync probs that many of you have posted about. My question is like nzoreo's: would there be any audio-sync problem with an external HD set top box?

so is this audio out of sync problem due to the tv or the settop box, does anyone of this problem with the LD thats without the settop box and has their own box?

The sync problem is only with the internal tuner. The AV and compontent inputs are fine, so an external settop box shouldn't have any issues (but I brought the tv because it had the internal tuner and I don't want any more remotes on the coffee table :blink: )

Guest PaulGraham

Audio-sync problems not withstanding, what is the sound quality like with the internal speakers? Is the simulated surround sound any good?

Thanks, Paul.

Hello All,

I just bought this TV and I'm having a problem with it.

When in 4:3 mode, the vertical black bars seem a little bit "wavy".

Also, when in 16:9 the image seems to be clearer towards the centre of the screen, and it looks blurry on the sides.

This is more noticeable whilst looking at letters or subtitles. Subtitles located at the side look blurry, whilst subtitles at the centre look crisp and clear.

I thought this was input specific, but this happens with my XBOX (simply connected via composite AV) and my DVD player (Connected via Component cable).

I don't think this is normal, is it? is there a way to adjust it or should I go and get an exchange? has anyone noticed this?

I live in Mexico btw, and still need to look into tuning HDTV channels, since we only have a couple of those in here.

Thanks!!

Edited by Odddlaw

I have the LG 32FS4D. I bought it in Korea for about $550US.

I've had it about a month. In that time:

I've recognized no sound/speaker problems;

No color problems;

The image on the sides is a little less defined than the center area of the screen, but the difference is so minimal I can only recognize it when I am looking for it and under certain images (it is most obvious when reading TV news subtitles moving across the screen, but even then it's not particularly distracting - I don't think I've noticed it while playing 360 games at all;

The picture is awesome when playing XBOX360;

I am getting no sound sync problems with any of the channels here in Korea.

Here are some screens:

HD

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5705/china013rj5.jpg

SD

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1536/china016xr3.jpg

Edited by gambljack

• 2 weeks later...

So is it confirmed that the Firmware fixes the problem?

I have the TV now as a replacement for an insurance claim, I find it outstanding as far as the picture quality is concerned.

Still have the HD Lip-Sync issues though.

Also, is there anyway to disable the Analouge tuner? when I press Input on the remote, it goes to Analouge then the AV1 signal, I would love to stop that.

So is it confirmed that the Firmware fixes the problem?

NO. It only fixes the synch issue for the commercial HD Channels (7,9,10).

ABC and SBS HD still out of synch.

ABC SD is also out of synch unless you manually change from mpeg to dolby (AC3?) sound (and you have to do that every time you change channels or turn tv on 'cause it "forgets").

Blue.