Kogan Lcd Tv's

Although some members disagree, I still beleive I have the best value LCD TVs in Australia - you can't compare a 42" LCD to a 46" LCD.

You can believe what you like, the facts show otherwise. Furthermore the units are selling for less on Ebay than what you think we should be paying for them.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the easiest way to resolve any disputes is for Korgan to send me a 46" model to test on behalf of all forum members. I have no ties to either party so it's sound like the perfect idea! I’ll post my results in the next 12 months. Comprehensive testing required!!

On a slightly more serious note, it should be the punters that rave about the TV's not the owner. People appreciate your passion, but be careful about force feeding your opinion. :blink:

It will be the buyers not the owner that will make your panels a success!! Word of mouth can be a real ****!

i bought one of 32inch lcds off www.zazz.com.au and love it, work great as a pc monitor and for digital tv.

my old man liked it too aswell and he bought a 46inch one off ebay and i am currently setting up a HTPC for him. atm hes not running digital through it, but he still thinks it looks great, hes actually started using his foxtel again, and at 2650 off ebay plus 160 for delivery it was a great deal.

were both happy, and i have no problems recommending them

lol goto love all these joined today first posters with nothing but positive feedback :blink:, Kogan I see no reason not to believe you and if you made your tvs match current deals out there for 32 inch LCDS such as the Aiko and Sonigs for around $998-$1050 delivered and with say a 3 year warranty for piece of mind I could easily see you selling a shite load of your tvs, but if they are more expensive then going to a local store and purchasing one off the store shelf with ease of return if something goes wrong then your on a hiding to nothing and be pushing to sell any

I bought a 32" to connect to windows media centre for my bedroom setup. Picture via the HDMI (or VGA) port is sweet. Ghosting is non-existant. Contrast and brightness are good.

A built-in digital tuner would be nice however i'm not worried, that's what my home theatre pc is for...

If you're a sony fanboy you won't look here...but if you appreciate bang for your buck, it's all good.

boss351, I agree the price they are selling for is rapidly becoming less competitive, especially when you consider the ease at which faulty products can be returned to larger retail outlets. I too have seen the fairly positive comments on the Aiko 32", Magnavox 32", AWA's (including the AWA 37 inch sets - not long ago for $1399.00).

I have no idea what the 'cost price' is for these for Kogan, but yeah when you consider delivery + extended warranty etc their value isn't quite as good especially if you purchase for $1100 - $1200.

Lets be fair here though, Kogan said he was going to ask if some purchasers would post their thoughts on here (and seeing as many average consumers wouldn't even be bothered reading a forum like this - not everyone is as 'into' av gear as some of us), I'm not going to get stuck into anyone because it's there first post. Hell, I read these forums for ages before I actually signed-up and started posting.

P.S. I hope they are all genuine customers though, hence my comments earlier about Kogan submitting some products for 'profesional' reviews.

I too, wouldn't mind knowing what the pixel policy is for the various Kogan lcd tv's.

I received a brief PM from Kogan this afternoon in which he asked me the question,

"what is your problem?"

As I see it, Kogan is going beyond providing information on his LCD TV's and is engaging in blatant product marketing. This reached new depths today with this thread not long before the end of one of his Ebay auctions.

Also, some of his marketing information is false.

With regard to warranty (irrespective of length), it would be worth knowing whether it provided by a third party warranty provider and whether it remains valid if Kogan goes belly up.

Geez you guys are a harsh crowd!

Nothing personal, but I guess we like to keep the forum fairly tidy and advert free, as per the forum guidelines.

Frankly, I've never seen a thread that after the first two pages contains 7 new members giving their first posts, all positive. Call me crazy...

My suggestion to Kogan. Invite some LCD gurus (not hard to find) from this forum who live in your city to a demo session, and let them report back. More cred to be gained than first time posters of uncertain origin. (again nothing personal against the posters).

My suggestion to Kogan. Invite some LCD gurus (not hard to find) from this forum who live in your city to a demo session, and let them report back. More cred to be gained than first time posters of uncertain origin. (again nothing personal against the posters).

Top idea, if the product is as good as claimed, he should jump at this chance and expand his cusomer base.

And if he was really serious the ability to have an adequate side by side demonstration, I mean really different TV's, I'll bring my own if he wants, from the same source, same connection etc...

If it really is so good, I'd be very interested in purchasing one, if it is really that good.

If it really is so good, I'd be very interested in purchasing one, if it is really that good.

Thats what this thread is all about, if he took up on this offer and came up trumps, and our own experts here gave it the thumbs up, he could well more than double his turnover

Thats what this thread is all about, if he took up on this offer and came up trumps, and our own experts here gave it the thumbs up, he could well more than double his turnover

At Kogan Technologies, we are always listening to customers about how we can improvie our product range.

Although we have an online business model, it sounds like you all want to see out HD TVs in action...this calls for:

Kogan Display Day

We will hire out a Melbourne CBD function centre and have our Kogan TVs connected to all sorts of HD inputs. (We'll also show off our new digital photo frames)

Melbourne based DTV forum members, come down for a look or bring your HD gear and compare it side by side to the Kogan.

At the end of the day, we'll auction off our 3 display units at 1 cent NO RESERVE to all attendees.

How does this sound to forum members? If the demand is there, I'll move quickly on the booking and will post event details.

RSVP??

Best wishes,

Kogan

At Kogan Technologies, we are always listening to customers about how we can improvie our product range.

Although we have an online business model, it sounds like you all want to see out HD TVs in action...this calls for:

Kogan Display Day

We will hire out a Melbourne CBD function centre and have our Kogan TVs connected to all sorts of HD inputs. (We'll also show off our new digital photo frames)

Melbourne based DTV forum members, come down for a look or bring your HD gear and compare it side by side to the Kogan.

At the end of the day, we'll auction off our 3 display units at 1 cent NO RESERVE to all attendees.

How does this sound to forum members? If the demand is there, I'll move quickly on the booking and will post event details.

RSVP??

Best wishes,

Kogan

I would definitely be in that. I'm in the market currently for a 32" or thereabouts size screen, and while one can read till blue in the face, it's only when you see the screens 'in the flesh' that you get a feel for whether you'd like to actually use it.

As well as HD sources, if you could have one or more hooked up to a standard DVD player as well, that'd be great, as at 32" and with the gear I've already got, the only HD source I'd be viewing on one would be the Media PC I have, everything else (SD PVR and Pioneer DVD player) would be SD... so in large I'm interested in how well it displays SD content.

But yeah, sign me up right now! :blink:

Guest keringe

I am a new member, who has recently purchased a 19" Kogan LCD TV on eBay for use a bedroom set for my son.

Television reception is poor here, and I have not used the TV receiver function.

I have been playing videotapes and DVDs (mostly commercially recorded ones) through the Kogan set using a new Panasonic DVD and video recorder (also purchased on eBay)

I do not have a technical background, so I can only offer my subjective assessment of the set's performance.

The picture is much better than the same CVD or tape gives on our 26" cathode ray type Panasonic TV in the lounge room (using another Panasonic player).

The position and lighting are different but I would suggest that the picture is at least as good and probably better than the picture my wife gets on her 81cm Sharp widescreen LCD set in her bedroom.

Overall at this early stage I am very happy with the suitability of this set for the purpose that I bought it, and although I have not compared it with equivalent models of the same specifications, I think it has the best picture of the sets/screens at our place.

If I was in Melbourne, I'd go too.

If it's goes ahead, I hope it is somewhere where the lights can be turned off.

I concur, I have a few DVDs with dark scenes I'd love to check out on one of these things in dark conditions, check out how black their black really is.

I am a new member, who has recently purchased a 19" Kogan LCD TV on eBay for use a bedroom set for my son.

Television reception is poor here, and I have not used the TV receiver function.

I have been playing videotapes and DVDs (mostly commercially recorded ones) through the Kogan set using a new Panasonic DVD and video recorder (also purchased on eBay)

I do not have a technical background, so I can only offer my subjective assessment of the set's performance.

The picture is much better than the same CVD or tape gives on our 26" cathode ray type Panasonic TV in the lounge room (using another Panasonic player).

The position and lighting are different but I would suggest that the picture is at least as good and probably better than the picture my wife gets on her 81cm Sharp widescreen LCD set in her bedroom.

Overall at this early stage I am very happy with the suitability of this set for the purpose that I bought it, and although I have not compared it with equivalent models of the same specifications, I think it has the best picture of the sets/screens at our place.

Another 1st time poster.

This is really getting suspicious... :ph34r:

Another 1st time poster.

This is really getting suspicious... :ph34r:

Yesterday we sent an email to our last 100 customers with a link to this thread and asked them if they could spare a few moments to share their opinion of their new Kogan LCD TV. Hopefully you will see a lot more 1st time posters.

Hopefully after the Kogan Display Day, there will be a few reviews from people with a high post count.

I have been very impressed by some of the new panel entrants selling these rebadges. I have seen some around here made by conia ro cornia or something.... and they are not half bad. Vibrant clear picture, not HD but very good SD. For the sub $1500.00 price range its hard to go past...and for the kids tv they would be plenty good.

in terms of buying one I would probably hold until there was some extended user experience like 12 months or so and if that was favourable I would go for it... I say this because I am a long term purchaser. I tend to re-use rather than buy new on many things so if I buy I want long term.

20 years is probably unrealistic these days but it wasn't for my fridge, tv and washer.

The reason I am more interested in long term reliability is because I can't abide the attitude that its cheap so if it breaks or dies in < 2 years I will just buy another one and I will be even or infront.

You may be but the planet would not be. 2 panels produced instead of one, 2 x tonnes of pollution instead of 1.

so I ask.. how good is the long term reliability of these types of tv?

treb