Where Do Folks Buy Their Tt Cartridges From

For those that use a TT where do you get your Cartridges from, im rebuilding a Michell Transcriptor and am looking for a retailer of a decent range of cartirdges.

Online or shop front doesnt matter... :)

Thanks in Advance

large

For those that use a TT where do you get your Cartridges from, im rebuilding a Michell Transcriptor and am looking for a retailer of a decent range of cartirdges.

Online or shop front doesnt matter... :)

Thanks in Advance

large

[/b]

Too many different cartridges out there, what types of 'decent' range are your looking for?

Guest alebonau

I got mine with my TT from CAV in melbourne. they jsut had a few in the show dont have an extensive range as such just a few choice numbers theydemo with their tt.

tivoli is another place in melb.

though since buying my TT 4+ years ago now bit out of hte market to comment.

Too many different cartridges out there, what types of 'decent' range are your looking for?

[/b]

Yes fully aware of the range available, but certainly not aware of the range available locally. So just a list of local suppliers is all im after.

I bought my last cartridge, an Ortofon MC15SuperII, from Speakerbits in Melbourne. They do online sales as well as having a place in Port Melbourne. Their website is at: http://www.speakerbits.com/Default.aspx Another option is Decibel HiFi who are at: http://www.decibelhifi.com.au/index.htm

You can get Ortofon cartridges at both of these places and Decibel seems to have Audio Technica as well. I haven't tried HiFi shops but they should have some, after all they sell phono stages.

DS

Thanks for the links David.

Ive been getting my gear from Elusivedisc, who have about 20 brands of cartridges, an american based company so i pay for some high shipping costs

Wanted to compare some local prices so thats a good place to start.

ive asked a couple of the local hifi stores, they seem to have the basic om-10 or 5's and bugger all else...

I've bought stuff from Elusive Disc too, but I'm not sure I'd want a cartridge going through the mail. The wooden Ortofons look nice, we'll see in a couple of years when I replace the current cartridge.

I'm not sure the range in Australia is all that good. Don't see anyone selling Benz cartridges which are meant to be good.

DS

I got my Denon DL110 from Germany, seller on ebay has pretty good range of Denon at pretty good prices also lists some Ortofon, though you might be better buying those here.

LPgear and the Needle Doctor are another couple of US sellers with a good range - at least good for window shopping and price comparison.

If you like Goldring, those seem cheapest direct from the UK.

Dynavector sell direct in Aust. they are online with premises in Sydney - carry Koetsu also.

Have fun looking ! :)

el_hefty,

Glad to know another vinyl anolog person!

If you are a Japanese brand catridge fan (like Denon, Ortofon (it's sort of Japanese products now)), try purchase from Japan directly. It's a huge price different from local dealer, I trust this applies to most of brands as well.

I used to collect a number of cartridges in the little blue catridge case:

Denon DL-103 (from used item shop in Osaka)

Denon DL-103R (new from Sapporo, you can show your passport to ask 10% off from those big shop)

Ortofon SPU-GOLD (from Tokyo)

Accuphase AC-2 (this vintage one I boought from a collector from US, it is a mint condition)

Grace F-8 (from Osaka)

Cheers.