Upscaling DVD

Not sure if this has been posted before, but what are ppls opinions of this? It appears really good.

My Webpage

This is a small PDF file not my web page.

web page

I would not label anything that retails for $200 as good...

May do the job, but only $200 worth of PQ which in my opinion equats to crap.

I would imagine it would be just another company sprouting facts and figures trying to jump on the latest trend to sell their rather average mass produced product.

Edited by Mr_Independent

I would imagine it would be just another company sprouting facts and figures trying to jump on the latest trend to sell their rather average mass produced product.

Generally all true and I agree about the trend BUT as with anything, you would have to view before writing it off.

You would have to be dubious about it at that cost. They should have made it $1200 or something, then perhaps people would at least look at it. :blink:

Would be nice to have a few more specs, i.e. what chips etc

Quote "Built-in high end level scaler delivers astonishing high definition image" Unqoute

Will have a bit of a further look at website.

Could be wrong but I didn't think component could handle 1080p (not enough bandwidth?)

Edited by ae93gti

Could be wrong but I didn't think component could handle 1080p (not enough bandwidth?)

Component should be able to do 1080p24 and 1080p25, possibly even 1080p30, but not anything above that. The above use the same amount of bandwidth as 1080i50 and 1080i60, which can happily run over Component.

RUBBISH!, get yourself a LG 9921P upscaling DVD player, and get results without paying a fortune!. :blink:

RUBBISH!, get yourself a LG 9921P upscaling DVD player, and get results without paying a fortune!. :blink:

It's all in the eyes of the beholder - your idea of good may be someone elses idea of rubbish and vica versa.

Until you are able to do identical real world comparisons (using a variety of players but utilising the same room, room layout, receiver, speakers, screen & pj, plasma, LCD etc. etc. all these comments are just subjective and have absolutely no credence whatso ever.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder - your idea of good may be someone elses idea of rubbish and vica versa.

Until you are able to do identical real world comparisons (using a variety of players but utilising the same room, room layout, receiver, speakers, screen & pj, plasma, LCD etc. etc. all these comments are just subjective and have absolutely no credence whatso ever.

Don't tell your Grandma how to suck eggs,! Get your EYE'S and ears tested, I have.

In this day and age, because it cost's a fortune does not not mean it performs better,

there's a lot of suckers out there.

Don't tell your Grandma how to suck eggs,! Get your EYE'S and ears tested, I have.

In this day and age, because it cost's a fortune does not not mean it performs better,

there's a lot of suckers out there.

Maybe you should get YOUR eyes tested, because where in my reply did I even mention price, brands or anything along those lines, and at the same time get off your high horse.

Maybe you should get YOUR eyes tested, because where in my reply did I even mention price, brands or anything along those lines, and at the same time get off your high horse.

Why would you state the obvious, with technology moving as fast as it is, you would need your head read

to pay fancy prices, unless you have money to burn, and to do so that would not be a sign of intelligent

use of ones money.