Support For Supernet PVR

I bought one of these supernet PVR 2 weeks ago. Worked fine for 2 weeks then the analog audio stopped working.

Email Ozauctionbroker - they sent me a form to fill in and I needed to send to Digitel Technology in Auburn.

I will let you know how it goes.

One thing I found abit anoying on the PVR was that when I turn on/off a fluroscent light it disrupted the pvr for a little bit. No sure if this was happening when using analog audio though. As I noticed it when analog had failed and I was using the digital audio. Also took longer to get audio to play when changing channels when using digital audio.

Also took longer to get audio to play when changing channels when using digital audio.

That's common to all of the Digenius-based PVRs when using Dolby Digital. It takes a good long time to lock onto stable sync of the stream.

Going by Grobi's change logs, they fixed this problem in one of their more recent revisions - but that one's only available in German.

OZauctionBroker, who seem to be the main source of the Supernet PVR on EBay, have advised me that they will be providing support during the 2 year warranty.

Additionally they are developing a support web site.

I have replied to their email with a request for information on the type of technical support they have/will have available.

However, after my experience visiting the DigiCrystal office this week, I tend to agree with others who feel this forum may be the most reliable form of support for the Supernet/DigiCrystal/Wintal range of PVRs.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Ive got a supernet 80G pvr STB.

I just accidently selected 'delete from start till here', rather than 'delete from here till end'!!!!

Oops!

I WISH there was an 'undo' function. Does any upgraded firmware have this?

I know theres a way to access the files and transfer them to PC, but could thios process be used to undelete the deletion? I have a brilliant Windows prog called undelete, but it assumes its a Windows formatted disk.

Man, I wish there was an 'are you sure' function!!

Can it be done?

thanks

Andrew

ps, i realise this should have been a new topic but for some reason im not allowed to start a new topic even though i registered.

pps, No, i havent recorded anything since, so the info is still on the hard drive!

Ive got a supernet 80G pvr STB.

I just accidently selected 'delete from start till here', rather than 'delete from here till end'!!!!

Oops!

I WISH there was an 'undo' function. Does any upgraded firmware have this?

I know theres a way to access the files and transfer them to PC, but could thios process be used to undelete the deletion? I have a brilliant Windows prog called undelete, but it assumes its a Windows formatted disk.

Man, I wish there was an 'are you sure' function!!

Can it be done?

Just be thankful you can edit anything. The latest offerings in the lower to mid range PVRs have nothing – except name changing. Despite the distributors claims.

I've bought one of these 160gb SuperNet PVR's on eBay. I've only plugged it in to see if it powered up (which it did) and I connected the aerial coax into RF in and another coax from RF out to the aerial socket on my new Panasonic Plasma.

I could not find all the digital channels, and those which were found, were pretty scrappy. When the aerial goes straight to my TV, the digital channels are all perfect.

Is there another method to connect the two? Can I keep the aerial connected to the TV and use "monitor out" or something to then send the signal to the SuperNEt?

TIA

I've bought one of these 160gb SuperNet PVR's on eBay. I've only plugged it in to see if it powered up (which it did) and I connected the aerial coax into RF in and another coax from RF out to the aerial socket on my new Panasonic Plasma.

I could not find all the digital channels, and those which were found, were pretty scrappy. When the aerial goes straight to my TV, the digital channels are all perfect.

Is there another method to connect the two? Can I keep the aerial connected to the TV and use "monitor out" or something to then send the signal to the SuperNEt?

TIA

Antenna in to the RF IN, AV or SCART out to the TV, and use the RF loop thru to the RF in on the TV for Analogue if the digi sig dies,?

does that sound feasible??

rgds

Antenna in to the RF IN, AV or SCART out to the TV, and use the RF loop thru to the RF in on the TV for Analogue if the digi sig dies,?

does that sound feasible??

rgds

Yeah I tried that.

When I loop the aerial cable thru the STB and back into the TV, the signal is weaker and my plasma can't pick up all the channels like a direct aerial connection.

Yeah I tried that.

When I loop the aerial cable thru the STB and back into the TV, the signal is weaker and my plasma can't pick up all the channels like a direct aerial connection.

Try putting a splitter at wall aerial outlet.

Run one cable from splitter to STB, and second cable from splitter to TV

Run av, svideo or scart from STB to TV.

Yeah I tried that.

So exactly how is the settop box connected to the plasma? RGB, component or composite? Does your plasma have a builtin digital tuner? Why are you running the antenna to the plasma?

Kev

Hey thanks guys. I think the splitter is the way to go.

My TV is a new Panasonic PX600A with digital tuner. The TV has beautiful reception until I use the STB. I was using the scart to SVIDEO that came with the SuperNet from memory.

The digital tuner in the PVR is probably only SD while the tuner in the Pana is HD.

Which would account for the diference.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bellas Dad
I note that both Wintal & DigiCrystal have support web sites but cannot find anything for Supernet.

Has anyone experienced Supernet PVR support and with whom?

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,funny business with these machines. Nothing to indicate where they are manufactured, by whom and certainly no help or Service Centres available in Australia. I have visited EBay Seller only to be told what was known, that they were generic!

Hi Don,funny business with these machines. Nothing to indicate where they are manufactured, by whom and certainly no help or Service Centres available in Australia. I have visited EBay Seller only to be told what was known, that they were generic!

They are probably manufactured by the same Chinese outfit that manufactures the DigiCrystal and Wintal PVR X10A which are elctronically identical.

• 2 months later...
Guest pakdon
I have a Supernet PVR remote control that's dying. Anyone know if I can buy a new one? (I have a universal remote, but the the screen screen isn't easy to quicly use like a buttoned remote is)

I am also having trouble with the remote. I tried new batteries with no luck. I have found that squeezing the remote in the middle does make it work. But it soon stopps working again.

• 3 weeks later...