Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Can anyone share where I can find any PY800 model on display ?

Had switch my Full HD LCD buying to this plasma panel.  ;D

The PV80 is not Full HD, but the PQ is still good and to price too..  :P

Should I just grab the PV80 or the PY800 ???

1. How much are you willing to spend?

2. Whats the size you are getting? If its below 50" dont bother about getting a Full HD.

hi guys interested on the panny new model,pls advice what size is suitable for living room. my room size is 3.2 meter by 4.5meter normal hdb standard for ceiling ht. my viewing distance from seatting area to tv is 3.2meter. thanks

1. How much are you willing to spend?

2. Whats the size you are getting? If its below 50" dont bother about getting a Full HD.

Now looking to get the 50", but ... if it's too pricey then will give it a pass the get the PV80 instead.

Iam just making a guess but expect to pay between 5-6K for a new 50inch Full HD PY800 model. 

Hmm... I guess they would place the price some where there as well. As my previous target is the Sammy series 6 for about 3.5K. I guess it leave me only PV80 at 2K and spend the balance on a better AVR or sub. Would the coming IT show have better deal ?

Arrggh. Just like imbest on the other thread, my mind just can't stop thinking about the TV. Have to decide fast just to get it out of my mind. 

This would hook up to my Yammy 663, PS3 and SVS 5.1 system with SB12NSD.

Solved it once and for alll..

Walk in price for 50" 80A TH-50PX80A from David Jones(Brisbane) is under $2000 no haggling, apparently a special for this week though they don't have any stock except for the display model they are setting up now.

I just had a quick glance at both LG LCD and Panasonic Plasma's at JB-Hi-Fi in Canberra,

Their discounted sticker sale price, seems to be well above what others are paying, in fact in both cases it seems they were selling above the RRP.

42" LG Scaret 50Hz - $2297 and Pansonic 50PX80A was $2300.....

I thought the RRP was $2199? Regardless i wouldn't even bother to walk into JB next time...

Picked up a 50 inch PZ700A for $2600 and a PX70A for $987. And with 2 HDMI cables, I was really happy with that deal. The 42 is for my Dad. All at DSE.

That looks like a damn good price (for the 50) to me....any chance you can post receipt to chris.s.burton@gmail.com ?

Or if anyone knows of a better price let me know...

That looks like a damn good price (for the 50) to me....any chance you can post receipt to chris.s.burton@gmail.com ?

Or if anyone knows of a better price let me know...

You wont need a receipt just go in and you would get the same deal. I know Bing Lee also offered me 2600 but they wanted more for the 42.

cheers

bp

Just ordered 50 inch PZ700A for $2650, delivery included, from The Goodguys Nunawading.

HN, JB, and DSE are unable to match the price at all. DSE does not have it in stock except for the demo one, however the sales guy in DSE told me they have 19 new Panasonic model, probably 800A arriving on 27 this month, and RRP will be 3999. He had already got a group buy from their store which ordered 14 of them at the price of 3398 so he offered me the price for per-ordering. However I am just not sure that the improvements of new model over 700A can justify the extra $700.

I saw about 7 of them laying around in goodguys. One of them will be mine tomorrow. Can't wait ...

Just ordered 50 inch PZ700A for $2650, delivery included, from The Goodguys Nunawading.

HN, JB, and DSE are unable to match the price at all. DSE does not have it in stock except for the demo one, however the sales guy in DSE told me they have 19 new Panasonic model, probably 800A arriving on 27 this month, and RRP will be 3999. He had already got a group buy from their store which ordered 14 of them at the price of 3398 so he offered me the price for per-ordering. However I am just not sure that the improvements of new model over 700A can justify the extra $700.

I saw about 7 of them laying around in goodguys. One of them will be mine tomorrow. Can't wait ...

I paid $2500 for my 50" TH-50PZ700A at Bing Lee Hurstville on Wednesday and it was delivered yesterday. I also paid another $400 for extra 4 more years warranty.

Staffs at BL Hurstville are very customer friendly; they even opened another box to swap the base mounting kit for me as the one I got had a mis-aligned drill hole when I tried to install.

One bit of advise, three persons are required to install the TV.

I almost broke my back as there was only me and my wife trying to align the 48kg panel to the two holding pins on the mounting base.

Spent the whole evening setting up everything and it went well, everything was perfect and I am a very happy chappy with a sore back.

Especially this is the only TV model that has PIP and PAP. Panasionic said they might release a new PZ8250 later this year that has these features but they cannot guarantee.

I paid $2500 for my 50" TH-50PZ700A at Bing Lee Hurstville on Wednesday and it was delivered yesterday. I also paid another $400 for extra 4 more years warranty.

Another great price point set. Good to see the price dropping on this unit.

Edited by Spero D.

Another great price point set. Good to see the price dropping on this unit.

I picked up my 50 700A and a 42 70A today and also ran Quad shield thru the whole house last night, replacing all my old RG59. Today on the way home with two tv,s in the trailer I picked up some new F type connectors and a tool and a new antennae. Tommorrow will spend the day connecting it all up.

bradp51

Picked up a 50 inch PZ700A for $2600 and a PX70A for $987. And with 2 HDMI cables, I was really happy with that deal. The 42 is for my Dad. All at DSE.

I went in DSE Powerhouse today to try and get them to beat $1000 for the PX7A. The lowest they would go was $1187 and to think that some people have gotten the PX70A for less than $1000. It seems like stores in melbourne are selling them for more? Does anyone know where I can get the PX7A for 900ish?

I went in DSE Powerhouse today to try and get them to beat $1000 for the PX7A. The lowest they would go was $1187 and to think that some people have gotten the PX70A for less than $1000. It seems like stores in melbourne are selling them for more? Does anyone know where I can get the PX7A for 900ish?

I had to push really hard to get my deal and it was only that I quoted something I saw on here. I purchased the 70A for $987 and right next to my box was the 7A on a super special for $1187, just like you said. It was the last 70A they had but they had a few more 7A. My 50 PZ700A was the last one in a box the only other was a display model. This was all at DSE Powerhouse. the Salesman told me he purchased the 70A himself when they were first released and paid over $2000 with his staff discount.

If you are after 7A, Myer has it for sale at $1060, I ask the sale if he could beat $900, he said he could only do price match if I got proof of that price, otherwise, nothing he could do. Also tried in several DSE stores, but no luck (sold out mostly). I think the price in Melb is higher. Finally got a promotion 32" Samsung LCD for no more than $900, happy with it although not so bigger, may consider a big 50" in one or two years.

At least get the 70A. The 7A is an extreme budget model, imo has worse picture (I've compared 2x7A's to 70A's) and only 1 HDMI which is useless as it will cost you about $200 to get a splitter. 7A looks poxy on SD but good on HD.

Even better is the PX80A but is overpriced atm.

I thought the 7A/70A had equivalent PQ (same for 8A/80A)...

That's what i was lead to believe, it was identical inside for the 7A and 70A. I think the cheap look of the cabinet may affect peoples judgement

Is there that much difference between the 70a and 80a to justify the price difference ?

It seems to me the 70a runout prices including 5 year warranty ($1900 at Clive Peeters Auburn - ask for Harry) is a good deal, although I don't know iff they still have stock.