Tweed/Richmond

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Prime DTX on Air at Nardi now @ 1.25Kw ( Full power is 5kw at TX )

Ad's in local papers !!!

128QAM

Hi

Thanks,just did a scan, 100% signal strength near Ballina on Strong and Hotchips Boxes even on 1.25Kw. However have lost Audio on one of the ABC(23 ABC-4) Channels on Strong, did a rescan and still the same, anyone else in same boat?. Ten due shortly apparently(according to neighbour who picked up Technician at Lismore Airport).

Regards

Basil

basil

there is no abc(23 abc-4) since the introduction of ABC2.

the last tv chanel is ABC(22).

moose

QUOTE(Basil @ Jun 5 2005, 11:35 AM)

QUOTE(128QAM @ Jun 2 2005, 07:35 PM)

Hi All,

Prime DTX on Air at Nardi now @ 1.25Kw ( Full power is 5kw at TX )

Ad's in local papers !!!

128QAM

Hi

Thanks,just did a scan, 100% signal strength near Ballina on Strong and Hotchips Boxes even on 1.25Kw. However have lost Audio on one of the ABC(23 ABC-4) Channels on Strong, did a rescan and still the same, anyone else in same boat?. Ten due shortly apparently(according to neighbour who picked up Technician at Lismore Airport).

Regards

Basil

basil

there is no abc(23 abc-4) since the introduction of ABC2.

the last tv chanel is ABC(22).

moose

Hi Moose

Just did a scan again(Strong 5290), Channel 23-ABC-4, same Programme as Channel 22-ABC TV but no Audio.?????. Only locks in on Strong, also have a Hotchips Box and it does not find it.

Good to see Ten near,finally decent Audio on Movies.

Regards

Basil

I guess one good thing about waiting as long as we have for digital to start broadcasting is that HD transmission will be starting at exactly the same time.

This is probably a dumb question, but I only get a test pattern on Prime HD (60) although good reception on the SD channels - I'm in Bangalow.

Any suggestions, or aren't they transmitting on HD yet?

Thanks

Gdub

I guess one good thing about waiting as long as we have for digital to start broadcasting is that HD transmission will be starting at exactly the same time.

This is probably a dumb question, but I only get a test pattern on Prime HD (60) although good reception on the SD channels - I'm in Bangalow.

Any suggestions, or aren't they transmitting on HD yet?

Thanks

Gdub

My bad. I don't think Prime are broadcasting HD anywhere as yet. Still having issues with 7 perhaps...

Picking up ABC from Grafton again this afternoon....This is with the aerial pointed at Nardi, so there has to be picking it up from the back :blink:

I wish SC10 would start broadcasting already....I need an excuse to buy a Toppy PVR. Does anyone in the Northern Rivers Stock them? I'm guessing Harvey Norman, but the Lismore store is somewhat dodgy compared to any other HN store.

I wish SC10 would start broadcasting already....I need an excuse to buy a Toppy PVR. Does anyone in the Northern Rivers Stock them? I'm guessing Harvey Norman, but the Lismore store is somewhat dodgy compared to any other HN store.

I am looking at getting a PVR Toppy as well, but I am waiting for the new black version, not the Black Panther. Yah, a set top box that actually looks good :blink:

http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/image...PVRtMPbnews.jpg

Picked up ABC twice...the 2nd time it was on channel 36, looking at the transmission guide this looks like the Grafton transmittor??? :blink:  :P

ABC Digital on channel 36 is transmitted from Mt Moombil (between Coffs Harbour & Dorrigo) which is about 180 km from Lennox Head. That's quite impressive to receive UHF TV signals over such a distance with an antenna pointed in the wrong direction i.e. north-west (towards Mt Nardi) as opposed to south-south-west (towards Mt Moombil) .

May I ask if you are up on a hill & what your line of sight is like towards the south-south-west? That's in the direction of Ballina if you are in Lennox Head. If you are not consistently receiving ABC on channel 36, how frequently are you receiving it? I'd also like to know what sort of antenna you are using please.

Picked up ABC twice...the 2nd time it was on channel 36, looking at the transmission guide this looks like the Grafton transmittor??? :blink:  :P

ABC Digital on channel 36 is transmitted from Mt Moombil (between Coffs Harbour & Dorrigo) which is about 180 km from Lennox Head. That's quite impressive to receive UHF TV signals over such a distance with an antenna pointed in the wrong direction i.e. north-west (towards Mt Nardi) as opposed to south-south-west (towards Mt Moombil) .

May I ask if you are up on a hill & what your line of sight is like towards the south-south-west? That's in the direction of Ballina if you are in Lennox Head. If you are not consistently receiving ABC on channel 36, how frequently are you receiving it? I'd also like to know what sort of antenna you are using please.

I'm not sure if you're familair with the Lennox/ Ballina area??

I'm located less than a kilometre from the coast between Lennox & Ballina. I am on a slight hill, no more than 50m above sea level I would imagine. The house is located on the southern side of the hill, so have great line of sight to the South-south-west. I tend to only pick up a reliable signal in bad weather. Otherwise the signal strength isn't high enough.

I have no idea what antenna I'm using, it's whatever was installed when the house was built two years ago...I many have to jump on the roof & see :P

If any of you guys are near Springbrook/Murwillumbah, you might wish to try the Demo channel currently on UHF50.

It's aimed at the Gold Coast, but if you can receive it well enough, when the rest of the Gold Coast channels go on air this month or next, you'll almost certainly get them as well.

More info about the test channel is available at http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...=0entry208992

Evan :->

If any of you guys are near Springbrook/Murwillumbah, you might wish to try the Demo channel currently on UHF50.

It's aimed at the Gold Coast, but if you can receive it well enough, when the rest of the Gold Coast channels go on air this month or next, you'll almost certainly get them as well.

More info about the test channel is available at http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...=0entry208992

Evan :->

Hi

Can't pick it up near Ballina. Still get ABC-4 with no audio?????

Regards

Basil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GodsPetMonkey

Would someone please be able to give me the audio and video PIDs for ABC HDTV from Mt Nardi? My card has a problem getting them, though everything is working fine (and I hope SC10 start broadcasting soon, mono audio doesn't cut the chase anymore).

Guest MullumTV

at last i heard both ten and 9 were waiting on a link from the ABC /sbs/Prime tower at nardi. At Recent trade show in lismore others said that "they" possibly had problem with optic fibre link and were looking at just a dish link instead as it would be easier and quicker. Apparently the tx's are up and running all but they have nothing to broadcast.

Then again that was only hear say , can anyone confirm this ?

Guest MullumTV

I'm located less than a kilometre from the coast between Lennox & Ballina. I am on a slight hill, no more than 50m above sea level I would imagine. The house is located on the southern side of the hill, so have great line of sight to the South-south-west. I tend to only pick up a reliable signal in bad weather. Otherwise the signal strength isn't high enough.

I have no idea what antenna I'm using, it's whatever was installed when the house was built two years ago...I many have to jump on the roof & see :blink:

After reading your post i maybe i can help with some input. From Mullumbimby (where i am )The levels from Moombil on analog are almost non existant , but from where you are you may get enough to produce a picture, most of the lismore /alstonville plateau are capable of getting signal with out drop outs but in your close to sea level location i would think from limited experience that digital levels from south would be unstable at best. Having done a few antenna jobs on the lennox to byron road i think your best bet would be to pursue Nardi.

I have no idea what antenna I'm using, it's whatever was installed when the house was built two years ago...I many have to jump on the roof & see :blink:

After reading your post i maybe i can help with some input. From Mullumbimby (where i am )The levels from Moombil on analog are almost non existant , but from where you are you may get enough to produce a picture, most of the lismore /alstonville plateau are capable of getting signal with out drop outs but in your close to sea level location i would think from limited experience that digital levels from south would be unstable at best. Having done a few antenna jobs on the lennox to byron road i think your best bet would be to pursue Nardi.

I think you misunderstood. My antenna is pointed at Nardi & I receive perfect reception from there with no dropouts at all. I was simply stating that I thought it was pretty amazing that I'm receiving Moombil at ALL and at times can be watchable. Considering the signal is coming into the side of my antenna. :P

Well we are stuck here in Grafton with only ABC and SBS digital and no PRiME analog. The signal has dropped out completely, Its back now with no sound and every now and again it just flickers to a green screen.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN36602.txt

How are you guys fairing - i've just shortened my holiday so i could rush back here to Brisbane. Heard on ZZZ FM when i was driving back the SES emergency siren (scary) and that everyone in Northern, Southern and Central Lismore to evacuate to the Uni.

Summerland Way is the best way to Brisbane today - I just came that way. Be careful - heavy rain and potholes as far as the eye can see. Best tackled with a car with ABS and traction control, smallish and manual. Trucks as well, so make sure you take it easy and move to the left - don't exceed 80 in between Grevillia and Rathdowney. That was sourced straight off a news bullitan on ZZZ FM.

Need a small request

Can someone please record the news bulliten from Prime Local News or NBN news tonight about the local floods, im sorta a weather buff. I will send MO for all costs invloved including the Video or DVD required. Would prefer on DVD as DVD file or toppy .rec file or .mpg file, but VHS would be alright too. Would also prefer Prime news but it doesn't really matter, as I have said.