Tweed/Richmond

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mooseau

I am becoming a serial Forum poster the last few weeks but i am living in the Ballina area. I am currently(last few weeks) doing some research/legwork for a friend in Sydney who is writing an article on Digital TV so have read nearly every post on this site so if you want any information please post. I am using a Strong 5290(Digital started last October here,prior to that the Box was used at my Brothers place in Sydney ) for the last 12 Months with no major faults.(yet). The picture is perfect although the ocassional click and pop will come thru audio,usually on SBS. Signal strength from Mt.Nardi is 98% to 100%. What STB are you using ?any problems.?

Regards Basil

Richmond/Tweed viewers ,

Analog ABRN6, SBS41, NBN47, NEN44, NRN8

Digital ABRN29, SBS40, NBN37, NEN35, NRN32, Spares 9A, 50

An existing bannd 3, 4+ antenna will work in the forseeable future and it is horizontally mounted.

The Mt Nadi digital transmitters are 200 kW and are directional as is all the all transmitters other thant ABRN6 and NRN 8.

AlanH

Hi mooseau

If you go into Reception/Installation Menu on DBA Home page you will see Reception Locator sub Menu. Work your way thru that to get Far(i think) North Coast, Richmond Tweed.You will see all the expected start up dates and deails. NBN is due to start anytime now but may be influenced by Gold coast delays, I rang 10 and they said "later this year" but start date is independant of Gold Coast problems.(hopefully). Ten up here is still Mono(old gear out of Channel O Melbourne ,amazing its still working) so the sooner the better so we can decent sound on Movies. Let me know how Teac goes,their products have improved a lot in the last couple of years.

Regards Basil

• 1 month later...

Hi

To Submariner, only ABC and SBS from Mt. Nardi at the moment, but judging by the bursts of interference last couple of days 9 or 10(or both) must be very close to starting. No good contacting them as you are only told "later this year" or "soon". To datvman, I don't know your exact location but much of the Gold Coast can pick up Brisbane Digital(VHF) if you can get a cheap Aerial. I am back and forward from Sydney so will post any new information when I get back.

Regards Basil

have contacted both nbn and sc10 in lismore and recieved the following replys

nbn now will not start broadcasting till November at least.

and a email from sc10

David, thank you for your enquiry. The SCB Richmond-Tweed service on channel 32 (fc=557.5MHz) will begin test transmissions in July 04 and full time service by mid August 04.

Regards,

Ron Roosmalen.

Network Transmission Manager,

Southern Cross Broadcasting.

so it looks like a longe wait yet.

mooseau

have contacted both nbn and sc10 in lismore and recieved the following replys

nbn now will not start broadcasting till November at least.

and a email from sc10

David, thank you for your enquiry. The SCB Richmond-Tweed service on channel 32 (fc=557.5MHz) will begin test transmissions in July 04 and full time service by mid August 04.

Regards,

Ron Roosmalen.

Hi Moose

You beat me to the punch, spent the last week in Sydney and contacted NBN(Newcastle) whilst there. Same information ,they want it up and running by Xmas with a November start at earliest. He also said he would make sure NBN office at Lismore were kept up to date with progress. I may be wide of the mark , but reading between the lines, I think Gold Coast is the priority(9 Brisbane to also Broadcast there) and Mt.Nardi will be finished once they have started up. Lets hope Sth X Ten does start in July so we can get decent sound. Mono in 2004 is a joke.

Regards Basil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sth X Ten starting next year now? If so, I will not be going digital, until 2005, unless NBN get their act together.

ABC - On-Air UHF 29 536.5 MHz Mt Nardi

SBS - On-Air UHF 40 613.5 MHz Mt Nardi

NBN - Oct-Dec 04 UHF 37 592.5 MHz Mt Nardi

TEN - Jan-Mar 05 UHF 32 557.5 MHz Mt Nardi

PRIME - 2005 UHF 35 578.5 MHz Mt Nardi

• 1 month later...

Hi

Still no 7,9 or TEN. NBN to start by Xmas but I'll believe it when I see it. Friend on hill near Byron Bay not picking up Gold Coast so not much chance for the rest of us, will just have to wait. Will contact Sth-X whilst in Sydney to see if any change in their schedule.

Regards

Basil

Friend on hill near Byron Bay not picking up Gold Coast so not much chance for the rest of us, will just have to wait.

You'll only get SBS on UHF 36 and ABC on UHF 62 from the Gold Coast.

The commercial channels on UHF 43, 53, 56, 59, 65 & 68 should start testing in the next few weeks.

Evan :->

hi all northerners

i live in THE CHANNON up on a hill but slightly over away from reception generation(MT NARDI)

im new to this forum and came here hoping some light could be shed on availability of new digi channels ........not till chrissie eh oh well

i bought a EMTECH 1010 STD STB about a month ago hoping i would be able to see

the GAMES on digi SBS

(being only about 10kliks from NARDI I thought m y reception would have been ok)

nuh, no way, reception is worse than analogue

MT NARDI is NTHWEST of my position but cant even get a good reception on ABC29 until i point arial to the NTHEAST........approximatelt at MURWILLUMBAH!!!!!

for one day i got SBS 40 (totally clean sig98 qual 100) by pointing arial STHEAST(probably BALLINA) but havent been able to reproduce it again

any ideas......anyone know what is the strength differences between ABC29 and SBS40

could i possibly get better reception with a phased array ?? or sumpin

(TRYING TO UNDERSTAND BUT SLOW!!! :blink: )

cheers

Hi 3d23

Welcome to the Forum, should be plenty of 'Tech-Heads' hovering that can help but often the problem is the Set Top Box itself. Have a friend(of a friend) that lives up your way and when I get back from Sydney early next Month we are going to replace his Aerial with latest UHF design to try and pick up Gold Coast. The original Aerial is a VHF on a tall mast(errected in 80's to pick up Channel 0 Brisbane) so will let you now how it goes.

Regards

Basil

• 2 weeks later...

hi BASIL

what is the latest UHF design?

i currently use a composite uhf vhf

but will be quite happy to run separate streams

does an antenna amp work for digital well in choppy signal areas?

any suggestions on antenna designs for weak sig areas

and what is the best cable to get?

cheers

Hi 3d23

I've been involved in Audio/HiFi since the 1960's but in the import/retail and journalistic side of things so there would be better qualified Forum members hovering to help you with the technical side of things than me. However I'm using a composite(Digimatch) Aerial near Ballina and getting 98% to 100% on a

Strong 5290 STB , so no problem if in line of sight with Mt Nardi. Always use RG-6 Quad Shield Cable(Belden, Jaycar Gold Coast). In the next week or so we will be errecting a Jaycar 91 Element Aerial(UHF for fringe areas $87-95) Just north of Byron Bay to try and pick up Gold coast so will let you know how it goes.

Regards

Basil