Tweed/Richmond

I'm close to the CBD in Grafton. Is there any chance of picking up DTV off of Nardi?

Yes. Just up the road in Ulmarra, I received both ABC & SBS DTV from Mt Nardi before Prime began transmitting. I have not tried it since. This was received off the back of a VHF only phased array antenna pointed towards Mt Moombil. The (unamplified) signal was only just above the digital cliff though & there were regular picture break-ups. I would have expected that the received signal would have been more than sufficient to provide solid picture had a UHF antenna been used & pointed in the correct direction.

The reason why you were not receiving Prime (35) Mt Nardi may have been due to interference from ABC (36) Mt Moombil. However, I was able to receive SBS (40) Mt Nardi in the Grafton area whilst SBS (39) was also being received from Mt Moombil on an adjacent channel with far greater signal strength & quality.

The fact that reception of SBS Mt Nardi (with possible adjacent channel interference) was no worse than the reception of ABC Mt Nardi (with no current adjacent DTV channels) suggests interference from adjacent DTV channels in the Grafton area should not be a major problem unless your line of sight is significantly blocked by a nearby hill. I know that SBS Mt Moombil analogue transmits on UHF 28 (adjacent channel to ABC Mt Nardi DTV 29). However, you would expect that an analogue channel would cause significantly less interference to an adjacent digital channel than a digital channel would do to an adjacent digital channel - assuming that the analogue channel transmitts at 1/4 the power of the digital channel (as is normally done) & they are both transmitted from the same place (of course).

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think adjacent digital channels are a problem.

Here in Bellingen When looking at Mt Moombil we are getting SBS 39 at around 75dBuV and SC10 38 (the low power link to Mt sealy ) at around 30dBuV There is no problem recieving the low power channel 38 with 39 on full power.

SBS 39 5Kw from main digital antenna arry

SC10 38 200w out the back of antenna 20 meters up the mast

If you are using a $79 super market special STB that has 8MHz band width then yes it may be an issue

Hi All,

SCB and NBN should be starting transmission from Mt Nardi on the 15/8/2005

You should see details in the local papers this week about it.

Regards

128QAM

Hi

Apparently NBN have announced(according to my Taxi driving neighbour) they will be starting on Tuesday.

Old News I know(i've been away the last Few weeks), but i see where Prime has started HD Broadcasts. To be honest, I can't see much diference between the SD and HD versions of 'Lost', on a Panny Viera(Hotchips STB) the pictures are slightly different but hard to say one is better than the other. It will be interesting to see how SC/Ten and Nine shape up at 1080i.

Regards

Basil

Guest bush_pig
That is bad news, usually it is never right  :P  :blink:

There was a Public Notice in Saturdays Northern Star which said that both SC10 and Nine will be commencing test broadcasts on the 15th August.

Guest nodybod

If you saw my post awhile back I would like to say I can now pick up Prime no wories. Dont know why.

I didnt change anything just did a new search a few weeks later and there it was. Maybe they boosted the signal strength. HD Prime is fine but HD SBS & ABC are crap. They look like a scratched DVD.

Any answers?

Don't think adjacent digital channels are a problem.

Here in Bellingen When looking at Mt Moombil we are getting SBS 39 at around 75dBuV and SC10 38 (the low power link to Mt sealy ) at around 30dBuV There is no problem recieving the low power channel 38 with 39 on full power.

SBS  39 5Kw from main digital antenna arry

SC10 38 200w out the back of antenna 20 meters up the mast

If you are using a $79 super market special STB that has 8MHz band width then yes it may be an issue

sorry there is a problem with co channel interference in coffs its with analogue 10.digtal 10 creating interference

There was a Public Notice in Saturdays Northern Star which said that both SC10 and Nine will be commencing test broadcasts on the 15th August.

Hi

No NBN this morning, Joint(NBN-SC/TEN) Public Notice in todays free(throw-in) Paper saying Monday is the Day. Geeeez!!.

Contact No. for TEN..0266522777, Nine..0249292933 if any problems occur with Transmissions.

Regards

Basil

Hi All,

NBN and SCB will start Digital transmission on Monday morning between 9 and 10am in the morning. Normally the transmitters will be run on low power to see if there are any interference issues.

In a week or two they will go to full power if there is no problems

Regards

128QAM

just my luck

with NBN & SC due to start monday they replaced the carpet in my unit during the week (having to remove everything out 0 on setting everything up again i find that the DVB 300 STB has **** itself with the A107 error. So will miss out for a few days while i get it repaired.

Moose :blink:

just my luck

with NBN & SC due to start monday they replaced the carpet in my unit during the week (having to remove everything out 0 on setting everything up again i find that the DVB 300 STB has **** itself with the A107 error. So will miss out for a few days while i get it repaired.

Moose :blink:

Hi Moose

...... i wonder if the long wait been worth it, Ten HD loop from Hotchips STB to Panny Viera(1080i) is good but not breathtaking, a good 576 DVD is better.

Signal strength near Ballina on Strong and Hotchips Boxes 99% to 100% so no problems with Transmissions so far.

Get rid of the Teac and get a Hotchips Box(JB HiFI Bundall $300),exports(can) all stations(including HD) at 576 so you can get Dolby 5point1 on Movies.

Regards

Basil