SOLD: FS: New and s/hand titles VINYL - AIR, New York Dolls, The NECKS, Sinatra, more..

SOLD
SOLD

Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
Location ... Melbourne
Item condition description ...see below (Standard SNA gradings)
Price and price conditions ...as specified below

Reason for selling ...Your weekly hand-picked suggestions.
Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.

Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:

•         Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.
  •         All titles here get brand new inner and outer sleeves before shipping.
  •         I try and ship 5 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:

•        I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
  •        Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records outside the cover and inner paper sleeves, so any postal damage is minimised.
  •        I use new pre-made cardboard mailers for smaller orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
  •        Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough). 

•       ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
    I just don't have the time, sorry. 
    I'm barely at home as it is though, and have no wish to be here waiting around for hours at a time.

• Lastly - I'm not a shop. I don't have credit card facilities and I don't do this full time (though sometimes it feels like I might!). It's a hobby I love, where I try to make damn sure that *everyone* wins. Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and I'll fix it.

Post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

NB:  CONSERVATIVE GRADING… cover first / record grade 2nd

New York Dolls - 'Too Much Too Soon' US press (Mercury - SRM-1-1001) VG++/NM, innersleeve only just vg+ condition, but the sleeve is still in 98% factory shrink (right to the opeing edge). New York glam rockers at their finest. The cover is really nice and is as beautiful as you are likely to find an original anywhere. The record has some marks, but plays like a new copy. Superb original.  $80

Screaming Trees - 'Uncle Anesthesia' OG (Epic - E46800) VG+/NM  US 1991 original 1st pressing, no OIS so just VG+ for the cover. Super nice, and super hard to find OG. The record is clear and perfect.  $120

Screaming Trees - 'Sweet Oblivion' OG (Epic - 471724 1) NM/NM, with OIS, European original 1st pressing. Wowsers - never see this *anywhere*. Plays beautifully, looks perfect.  If you've always chased a grunge-era original, this one will do it.  $140

AIR – 'Pocket Symphony' – Double white vinyl gatefold (009463857221-3). Mint/Mint. Sealed and Brand NEW.   $45

The Necks – 'Vertigo' 2015 import on their US label (52725 03552) Mint/Mint. Sealed new press. Like many of its predecessors, 'Vertigo' runs as one uninterrupted track, with 44 minutes roughly split between two interwoven movements. It does, however, break from the past by increasing the role of roaring electric guitar (played by drummer Tony Buck) and wafting-and-hiccupping synthesizers and electronic accessories (played by pianist Chris Abrahams). Unlike most of their albums, however, this one IS available on vinyl, thank god. Grab it, before it too becomes as rare as their talent. $45

The next section... I've had a good look around for original US factory-shrunk pressings in Australia, because they fascinate me ('how can something made more than 40 years ago make it through this careless modern life, intact?')... :)
Let me tell you - when you do find them (very rarely) they are inevitably titles you couldn't GIVE away, from artist's you've not heard of, or they are both prohibitvely and unreasonably expensive. 
This lot of records below hopefully addresses all 3 of those pre-conditions for you.....

*@#*#@*#*@  RARE US VINTAGE Original pressings - still in original Factory Shrink, condition as marked (vinyl assumed to be at least 'NM', but can vary and cannot be checked) and fairly obviously VERY limited to one copy only... *@#*#@*#*@

>>Frank Sinatra - 'She Shot Me Down' (Reprise Records - FS 2305)  Features of course the great version of the Sonny Bono-penned title track. This was the final album Sinatra recorded for the record label he founded, Reprise Records, and is generally considered an artistic triumph that evokes the best of Sinatra during this stage of his career. 'She Shot Me Down' harks back to the triumphs of Sinatra's Capitol years, a thought-provoking set of torch songs with soaring strings, lyrics fraught with loss and regret, and heart-rending, world-weary vocals. This is a factory-sealed original vintage US 1981 pressing, slight marks/tears to the shrink, looks new though, so obviously rare to find in this country.    $55

>>Skyhooks - 'Ego Is Not A Dirty Word' (Mercury - SRM-1-1066) Factory sealed original 1975 vintage US pressing, slight marks/tears to the shrink and cutout corner bottom right front, otherwise looks as new. Who'll be the first to tear the shrink open on this ancient (and very important) Australian glam/rock classic?    $45

>>The Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Cast - 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack' (Ode Records - OSV-21653) Factory sealed original 1975 vintage US pressing, no marks, looks as new. I've compared the AUS original, and the various modern red vinyl repressings to these US original pressing on ODE Records, and the USA press is STREETS ahead, most noticeably on tracks like my favourite, "I'm Going Home". A near perfectly preserved piece of authentic 70's rock history.   $60

>>Boston - 'Third Stage' (MCA Records - MCA-6188) Factory sealed original 1986 vintage US gatefold pressing, small spine overstock cut, Hype sticker on front. Probably their best, most progressive album musically, and features the killer harmonies of hit single, 'Amanda' amongst others. A nice find.  $40

and some more tomorrow night.......

Edited by candyflip

8 hours ago, TerryO said:

Hi Jon, I'll grab Rocky before he goes home please. ... ;)

Cheers Terry

Cheers Terry - going to your home, shortly.

More titles tonight (although that's it for USA vintage sealed)

• Like 1

This one please Jon:

Skyhooks - 'Ego Is Not A Dirty Word' (Mercury - SRM-1-1066) Factory sealed original 1975 vintage US pressing, slight marks/tears to the shrink and cutout corner bottom right front, otherwise looks as new. Who'll be the first to tear the shrink open on this ancient (and very important) Australian glam/rock classic?    $45

PM to follow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Cheers Terry - going to your home, shortly.

More titles tonight (although that's it for USA vintage sealed)

Looking forward to it Jon, I'll check out what is available this evening to see if we can get more than one record in the post. 

cheers Terry

• Like 1