Duntech Pricess Tweeter D28/2 Dynaudio

Hello
Does anyone know much about the old duntech princess?
I have a pair with Dynaudio D28 tweeters. I am told they should be D28/2.
Does anyone have a pair available?
Any info or experiences would be appreciated.
Has anyone replaced with Morel or similar?
Regards Rob

duntech mids.jpg

Hmm, interesting, perhaps Kiat or some of the ex duntech guys will probably know for sure. I have an A serial PCL15 which uses the D28 as above, I also have princesses but B serial which uses d28/2 (I think) but I havent opened them up. perhaps it is just the version of the 28 that was available at the time they were made. specs for all can be found here

Hi Robert,

The closest thing to the original that is still available is the Morel CAT378.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/horn-tweeters/morel-cat378-morel-horn-tweeter/

This is an Eyvind Skanning (Dynaudio) design as per original. Morel was originally a joint venture between Eyvind and his then backer Mier Mordecai many years ago when Eyvind and his Lebanese born wife Annie were planning on retiring to Lebanon. Plan was abandoned due to the civil war. Any diferences between the Morel and the original Dynaudio will be minor. BTW I designed the midrange driver when I was at Scanspeak.

steve

Edited by Number 9
typo
  • Like 2

The tweeter shown is  from the first series that Dynaudio manufactured using a waveguide for  improved loading at the lower end of the  domes frequency range and allowing for  time alignment to be more easily achieved.

6 hours ago, aks2600 said:

Hello
Does anyone know much about the old duntech princess?
I have a pair with Dynaudio D28 tweeters. I am told they should be D28/2.
Does anyone have a pair available?
Any info or experiences would be appreciated.
Has anyone replaced with Morel or similar?
Regards Rob

duntech mids.jpg

It seems to me the person who told you they should be replaced by the Mark two version is the one to ask. How does he/she know that in the first place? I'd go back to them and find out how he/she got that knowledge.

Edited by Wimbo

I recently had to replace the tweeters on my Crown Princes. D28/2 for them. I'd have thought the Princess would have used exactly the same as they were essentially the same speaker. I came across a pair of Dynaudio bookshelves that used the same tweeter so bought them and used the tweeters. Found it difficult to find replacements on their own.

Good luck. Hope you find them more easily than I did.

Cheers

M

What happened to the tweeters...?

Regards,

SS

Well. Actually only one was dead so had to replace it. Tried to get speakerbits to fix it but they didn't seem interested so I searched for some replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mate , replaced them with Scanspeak d 2608 tweeters. Sound very good as is, had a bit of a play around with resistors.

im in Spain at the moment but when I get back will be making up some new nicer looking boxes and will be taking them to Pat at War audio to measure and get some new crossovers done.

Edited by Pops110
  • Like 1