KLEI gPOWER2 AC power cable

12 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

With such expensive equipment, I would expect that you have already treated your rooms appropriately. 

Can you afford to give away your fancy power cables? Probably. You DID some blind tests before you purchased them, didn't you? If not, do some blind test now and determine if you wasted your money or not.

Yes, but I'm after your "special room treatments" that give 500% improvement. Until then my Audiophile Power Cables are going nowhere.

@Pinghave you tried any other Power Cables?  As stated I'm intending to do an A/B with the dozen or so Aust. Plug Cables I have, it will be a while as have a few higher priorities. I'll have someone swap in & out various cables randomly. I'm liking what the KLEI 2 is doing but havn't had time as yet to do any A/Bing. Would appreciate any feedback.

I have tried a few power cables (a couple quite/very expensive, prices $200 to 6K and one was more) and like you I am very much enjoying the KLEI gPOWER2 power cable, especially for the price.   Actually they are quite amazing for the price!

Just thought that I would ask others their thoughts and what they have compared them too...

Edited by Ping

15 hours ago, initforthemusic said:

Yes, but I'm after your "special room treatments" that give 500% improvement. Until then my Audiophile Power Cables are going nowhere.

I said: "I changed my main listening room". Literally.

Have you done all you can to alter the acoustic conditions of your listening room/s? 

FWIW: Nothing I have done to my rooms is rocket science. It follows good, basic acoustic principles. You don't have to pay me to sort out the problems, but I would be happy to assist, should you wish to fly me to Victoria, pay my accommodation and time. It would be much less expensive and, ultimately, more effective for you to buy a book and learn how to do it yourself. The differences are far more profound than any power cable change. 

The KLEI gPOWER2 power cable, IME, provides a very musical presentation which I like very much and the level of resolution is excellent, also.    Nice to have both and these characteristics/attributes have been consistent across all types of music.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ping said:

The KLEI gPOWER2 power cable, IME, provides a very musical presentation which I like very much and the level of resolution is excellent, also.    Nice to have both and these characteristics/attributes have been consistent across all types of music.

what other cables are you compareing  to?

im seriously thinking of buying this cable for dac duties and am useing voodoo black diamond atm

cheers

On 11/30/2016 at 5:40 PM, GeoffRoberts said:

...  I think the cables allow your components to operate at closer to their optimum performance. In my case, This was smoother and more coherent, it still sounded like my system, just better. It seemed like the music flowed easily, with less push.   Bass particularly had better clarity, and various parts were better defined, but in an effortless way rather than an etched way.

It does seem as though the components perform closer to their optimum performance level which is quite interesting... very interesting!

Edited by Ping

2 hours ago, mr mermaid said:

what other cables are you compareing  to?

im seriously thinking of buying this cable for dac duties and am useing voodoo black diamond atm

cheers

I have tried/used AP, RK, ISOTEK, NORDOST, VS, others and others I have forgotten the name of, which is actually more than I thought (and looks like too many!).  

The eBay price is certainly exceptional!   For me the power cable has a very musical presentation, excellent resolution, and I now enjoy all types of music much more ... very good :)

Edited by Ping

I've listened to a few power cables including the KLEI and up to the Isotek Evo3 Syncro - IMO results are very equipment dependent. Amplifiers less so. My room is treated and I have dedicated mains. Also mains regeneration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ping said:

I have tried a few power cables (a couple quite/very expensive, prices $200 to 6K and one was more) and like you I am very much enjoying the KLEI gPOWER2 power cable, especially for the price.   Actually they are quite amazing for the price!

Just thought that I would ask others their thoughts and what they have compared them too...

Wow! 6k & one was more! So can you give a comparo and what components used on? The KLEI2 is the most I've spent on a PC. All my other Power Cables (many) range from around $70 to $250. Guess I have way too many components to spend more.

The KLEI cable @ $460 for 1 metre is also quite expensive for many.  People have different price points and approaches to this hobby and I think this is why the Audio Principe power cables have been doing well.  They match a certain price point that fits within many people's budget  and good improvements from using these cables have been reported.  One person I know did tell me that in their system they preferred the Audio Principe cables over the KLE gPower2 as he believed the gPower2 attenuated the top end in his system.  He found the gPower2 worked best in his power amp - and from my experience I would agree with that - but found other cables like the Audio Principe worked better upstream. 

That said, I am always interested in what improvements others hear with different power cables.  Like @initforthemusic it would be good to hear from Ping on a comparison of those $200 to $6K cables. 

Hi Geoff. I have the AP sig cables throughout my system and have found a similar thing. They seem to make minimal difference on my Luxman amp, but make very big improvements on my Rega Saturn and Luxman D-05 CD. I am sticking to the status quo however and would prefer to spend the money above and beyond these for other things, such as you great Litz cable for a great example

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rantan said:

Hi Geoff. I have the AP sig cables throughout my system and have found a similar thing. They seem to make minimal difference on my Luxman amp, but make very big improvements on my Rega Saturn and Luxman D-05 CD. I am sticking to the status quo however and would prefer to spend the money above and beyond these for other things, such as you great Litz cable for a great example

Hi Rantan thanks for your comments.  I did try an AP cable for a short loan on my turntable PSU and it worked wonderfully.  I am still trying to figure out why.  I also tried the gPower2 on the TT PSU and that did a good job as well.  At the end of the day I found that the gPower2 worked best at my power stage - which is contrary to the advice from KLEI.  But I've also tried the DH Labs Power Plus at the power stage and the results were very good.  The bass coming out of my 5 watt triode system improved substantially.  I still think that the gPower2 is a bit better than the DH Labs Power Plus,  but IMO the gPower2 at its RRP is over-priced and not targetting the market correctly.  I think 30% discount from its current RRP is where it more accurately sits in the current very competitive market. 

5 minutes ago, gmdb said:

Hi Rantan thanks for your comments.  I did try an AP cable for a short loan on my turntable PSU and it worked wonderfully.  I am still trying to figure out why.  I also tried the gPower2 on the TT PSU and that did a good job as well.  At the end of the day I found that the gPower2 worked best at my power stage - which is contrary to the advice from KLEI.  .  I think 30% discount from its current RRP is where it more accurately sits in the current very competitive market. 

I agree Geoff.

I find the KLEI far too expensive and that is the reason I have not bothered to explore them, even with a free trial. I don't want to be wasting people's time and I think that a 30% discount to the current price , as you have said, would be appropriate.

I have zero doubts that it is a great cable but as I have said, I think people can make more  improvements in their systems by other means  and other types of cables

Edited by rantan
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, MrRogers said:

@ping would ypu be interested in a gtg to compare power cables?

You have one of the DH Labs power cables, I think.  Reports on the DH Labs power cables have been very good.  I have tried the PowerPlus but not the Red Wave, And I think there's one after that.