SOLD

Item: Paul Spenser TL's
Price: $300
Item Condition: Need work
Reason for selling: Not getting any love See below
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info: I took a punt on these many years ago and have never regretted these wonderful sounding speakers.

Plenty of info can be found on Paul's redspade and across the net. I loved how warm these sounded and how low they could go.

The cabs need a bit of work but still present as a classy looking speaker. 

After making my diy QClones based on these same drivers i just dont have the room to use these in our now much smaller living room now.

Happy to audition. @ Bexley 2207

Pictures:

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

41 minutes ago, srey said:

Ooooohhhhh, pretty....

How did you find these in terms of placement? I imagine they need to be spaced out from the wall a fair way?

I found them to be pretty versatile most of our listening was with them within 30cm from back walls.

room shape size and bass traps etc all changed the sound.

33 minutes ago, :) al said:

why do you say the cabs needs a bit of work ? look in great nick to me :)

The veneer is starting to show its age. While they work and sound 100% these are still a project.

hence the price.  If you can live with the blemishes as i have over the yrs these are fantastic value.

31 minutes ago, john.reekie said:

Nice deal... just wondering what drivers are the woofers? (Don't look like Vifa P17s?)

[Edit: I mean the top driver :) ]

They sure are p17's  phase plug modded by Paul as the tops are mids. With modded Xovers.

There is a literal novel written on these and the mods done by Paul.  Well worth the read.

• Like 1

I'm very tempted for a lousy $300, even though I don't need them, if you were on the Northern Beaches I don't think I could contain myself.

PS: with rare'ish things like this, you need to put up links, here's one to help.

http://redspade-audio.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/diy-transmission-line-speakers.html

GLWTS

Cheers George 

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, georgehifi said:

I'm very tempted for a lousy $300, even though I don't need them, if you were on the Northern Beaches I don't think I could contain myself.

PS: with rare'ish things like this, you need to put up links, here's one to help.

http://redspade-audio.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/diy-transmission-line-speakers.html

GLWTS

Cheers George 

Go on mate, you can make it across the harbor!

Check your passport and go for it - only 30-40mins away ;)

2 hours ago, Audionutz said:

Go on mate, you can make it across the harbor!

Check your passport and go for it - only 30-40mins away ;)

No visa to get over the Spit Bridge with from Gods Country.

BTW Nutz, did you confirm Al Langford's address for Mondays GTG, umm Asian/Thai food by his missus, forget the audio she makes a feast. 

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1