FOUND: WTB: SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne (or other) subwoofer

emmanuelp

Item: SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne (or other) subwoofers
Price Range: up to $800 depending on model, condition etc and any delivery costs to Brisbane
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: Looking for a subwoofer from one of the above brands, or happy to look at other reputable brands as well. Filling a large room (about 180 cubic meters) for primarily home theatre duties.  My thinking is ideally this would be ported and something like the SVS PB-2000, Paradigm DSP-3200 or Velodyne EQ-Max 12.  I would also look at two smaller subs as an alternative.

Thanks for looking.

That is a BIG space.

I'm not sure any of the subs you have mentioned will be "authoritative" in that much room.

Good luck :)

Yep it is! 9+m x 7+m x 2.5m high, with a small additional alcove.  Problem being the budget will only stretch so far. I hope those mentioned might do the job well enough for now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Emmanuel, I used to be in your situation. I moved from a small house to a big house. My listenning area is about your size while the room is much longer. I do not want you to waste your money as you buy and sell again it will cost you. The kind of subwoofer you are looking will not be powerful enough for that room. If you look at my history, I had to sell my small SVS and bought the largest one. You might need to look into something like PSA30SE I remember it was sold here for about 1600. Anyway, where you can borrow one and try at home to see how weak your sub to buy is and save more. I know it's not enough like Pieface said above.

Hi Emmanuel,

It could either be Signature sub 25 or studio 15. Both have 15" drivers except signiture sub 25 was about $1200 more expensive when new.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi Emmanuel,

It could either be Signature sub 25 or studio 15. Both have 15" drivers except signiture sub 25 was about $1200 more expensive when new.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes, I did think about those but the Studio 15 has 1700 watt RMS amplification, and the Signature 25 has 3000 watt RMS amplification.  So wondering what Signature series 15" had 1200 watt amplification as described above? Perhaps it is the Studio series Sub 15 just misdescribed amplification?

Emmanuel, I used to be in your situation. I moved from a small house to a big house. My listenning area is about your size while the room is much longer. I do not want you to waste your money as you buy and sell again it will cost you. The kind of subwoofer you are looking will not be powerful enough for that room. If you look at my history, I had to sell my small SVS and bought the largest one. You might need to look into something like PSA30SE I remember it was sold here for about 1600. Anyway, where you can borrow one and try at home to see how weak your sub to buy is and save more. I know it's not enough like Pieface said above.

Thanks for the advice vhd. You are probably right. Once I get a chance to set it all up properly, I will have to see how my recently acquired Aaron sw400 teams up with the ATS 5's, ATS 3's and cc240 centre. The ATSs' are fairly happy filling the room with good bass on their own so it will be interesting to see how well the sub can handle the lower frequencies if it doesn't have to work hard at above 40/50hz