Down the rabbit hole

Hi folks,

I'm a music journo who caught the HiFi bug last year when I bought my first serious set up from Geoff at HeyNow HiFI in Melbourne. As I'm a DJ and record collector, too, I'm aiming for a HiFi DJ set up (yes, yes). Currently I've got two immaculate Technics 1210s using Shure M44-7 cartridges for mixing and an AT VM540ML for listening only. Thos are running into a hand-built Condesa Lucia mixer doubling as my preamp, into a PS Audio Stellar S300 and KLH Model 5 loudspeakers.

I'm loving my set up but have decided to explore some vintage HiFi and have a set of Meridian 205 monoblocks on the way. Eventually I hope to build my own pair of Altec Model 19 reproduction speakers. Questions for you all on those inbound.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 1

Welcome. There's certainly decent group of members that love large loudspeakers and waveguide/compression. 

Even those who love mixing the former with DSP and discrete active amplification too.  

12 hours ago, Grizaudio said:

Welcome. There's certainly decent group of members that love large loudspeakers and waveguide/compression. 

Even those who love mixing the former with DSP and discrete active amplification too. 

@Grizaudio Are you referencing the mixture of the Class D amp with the speakers? Is this an unusual combo? 

4 hours ago, Grizaudio said:

I just meant there are those on this forum that love large speakers and active DSP setups. 

Hopefully allowing that others again,  don't,  and instead love the opposite

6 hours ago, stereo coffee said:

Hopefully allowing that others again,  don't,  and instead love the opposite

I’ve you like small passive speakers…. No probs. You can like whatever floats your boat.