self-intro

Hi.

I've been chasing audio and the "audiophile" experience since my teens in the mid-seventies. That means 45s, LPs, 8-track tapes and audio cassettes with CDs my current passion alongside occasional streaming. I had an awakening in the last few years when I bought an AV Receiver for my flat-screen TV (aren't they all, now?!) a Yamaha RX-A1020. I didn't pay so much but discovered I had a powerhouse! I soon had a 7.2 sound system and a new appreciation for home theater. I similarly updated the system for my desktop PC, trashing my old standard (Bose companions) in favor of several rounds of Edifier powered speakers.

I was getting better sound at my desk than I used to enjoy in my old living room setups! I am becoming something of a Chi-Fi fanboy, but dislike the term since iPhones seem to be pretty well made, don't you think? I know a thing or two about DACs now and headphone amps and also have a growing collection of earphones and headphones. Searching now for a used pair of SONY MDR-CD900ST phones right now, hoping to find something more comfortable than my Bose QCs. I think there is so much to learn in this area, which is more neighbor friendly.

My current pursuit here is speaker placement. I am looking forward to digging through the forums to make my system shine.
Thanks for all your input.