Any amp builders in NSW Central Coast with test equipment?

Hi all - perhaps, a long shot, but I have been enjoying tinkering with my Luxman A3600 (KT120) power amplifier and I'm curious to see how it looks on an oscilloscope, and plotting THD+N, SNR, and how many watts it produces. I've talked to a couple of professional techs and their advice is to just enjoy the amp and bring it in if/when it stops working and I don't really want to buy the gear needed to do the tests myself as I don't intend to build or buy any more amplifiers.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to watch it go through its paces on test equipment - is there any fellow SNer on the Central Coast of NSW or thereabouts generous enough to help me out?

Edited by Luckiestmanalive
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Luckiestmanalive said:

Hi all - perhaps, a long shot, but I have been enjoying tinkering with my Luxman A3600 (KT120) power amplifier and I'm curious to see how it looks on an oscilloscope, and plotting THD+N, SNR, and how many watts it produces. I've talked to a couple of professional techs and their advice is to just enjoy the amp and bring it in if/when it stops working and I don't really want to buy the gear needed to do the tests myself as I don't intend to build or buy any more amplifiers.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to watch it go through its paces on test equipment - is there any fellow SNer on the Central Coast of NSW or thereabouts generous enough to help me out?

Any and every tube amp looks bad on the CRO. Harmonic colouration is the name of the game. But then you listen to them and realise why so many like tube amps. Im with the tech, just enjoy it and don’t worry how it tests. 

• Like 1