What do you sit on when you listen to your system? Post pics ...

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice chairs, Pete.

So no surround blockage from the head rest then? What happened to the designer chair?

Thanks, it's very comfortable, and the headrest moves with the chair, so your head is always facing the screen... very clever..

Nope, I am tall enough.. Sammy offers a good price, and someone got a good deal for the Eames...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New place to park my rear when listening..

:)

Hi Pete, care to share your review on the stressless as compared to your other chairs?  ;D. Is it much better that your Eames chair in terms of comfort. Also if aircon is not turn on (just using fan), will it feel hot if sitting/sleeping for 2 hours or more? Hope to hear your views, cheers.  ;D

No heat issue, but comfort is subjective, as you need to sit on it and judge what fits your torso. Sounds Decisions has them for you to sit on, and there are many other places such as Courts.

Wait for a sale then you get them at a lower price. Consider upgrading the leather to the Paloma series for a few hundred more, it' worth it. I did that for my second chair.

For movies a chair has to be much more "long term" comfortable and work well for your spouse too...especially as you might want 2 seats together...but this is a listening question as per the subject, so perhaps sets the bar for a different chair.

A chair for listening in should not interfere with the audio around you head, so high back or wrap around wings at the sides will not be ideal. This is especially if you are not able to keep your head at mid/tweeter level - might also depend on your height too.

I bought over Pete's old Eames and the other chair as I liked them fir my lounge...my mrs liked the Eames originals but thats never going to happen so a copy will be fine for now...Thnaks Pete.

for my listening room/mancave I have a more boxy design in leather too...looks something closer this image (less the metal wraps around it) that I know Pete has on his wall too :P

images_maninchair.jpg?w=700&h=297

lots of info if you google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=listening+chair+for+stereo

Sadly most people don't get it when looking for a "listening" chair - a HM Aeron is a good place to start - thats what many studios will use where your music is likely to be mixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Scored a Stressless recliner (Consul in Batick leather) at Taka today. 20% discount plus 10% Taka discount plus 6% DBS Taka Platinum Card. (about 1.9k) Delivery 14 Feb.  :)

FYI - the home theatre 4 seater (SC 121 in Classic leather) was selling at $14,885 after 10% discount. Another 10% Taka discount plus 6% if u have DBS Taka platinum card. In addition, free stressless recliner worth $3800 and below (at retail price). Something to think about for the distant future.  ;D

• 1 month later...

Just bought this full leather recliner sofa from lorenzo not long ago.  Can anyone recommend me what brand of leather cleaner or cream that you use to maintain leather sofa? Thanks.  First time using leather sofa :(.

Just bought this full leather recliner sofa from lorenzo not long ago.  Can anyone recommend me what brand of leather cleaner or cream that you use to maintain leather sofa? Thanks.  First time using leather sofa :(.

Im using Furniture clinic product for leather cleaning n protection.. spore 250ml bottle expensive. For the same product price plus shipping even get 500ml bottle size, get direct from UK.

Im using Furniture clinic product for leather cleaning n protection.. spore 250ml bottle expensive. For the same product price plus shipping even get 500ml bottle size, get direct from UK.

Icey, you mean this one shown below? courts on sale at the moment.

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/PID-IP057411(Courts)/Furniture/Sofa/Accent-Pieces/Half-Leather/LARGED-BOXED-LEATHER-CARE-KIT-FURNITURECLINIC

Icey, you mean this one shown below? courts on sale at the moment.

Yup im using that.. coffee stain easily go off using the cleaner.. white leather sofa also its been 3yrs now. The protection cream is good protection against water mark.

I use Autoglym leather cleaner & cream for both my car seats and sofa. Last time used to apply every 3 to 6 mths, after that becomes once a year and nowadays...the same bottle still in my storeroom :P

I use Autoglym leather cleaner & cream for both my car seats and sofa. Last time used to apply every 3 to 6 mths, after that becomes once a year and nowadays...the same bottle still in my storeroom :P

Nice to know that.  By the way, anyone uses a brand call "leather master"?  Heard is not bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...