Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the VIP credit deal had expired on Thursday night (that's what the sales staff told me even though i signed up Friday morning and got it). Another sales guy at another Borders site confirmed that the credit deal expired Thursday night. Have others successfully signed up in the last day or so and got the credit? (If so, will get the wife signed up and she can pick up a book).

I had no idea that the credit deal had expired on Thursday. It sounds like my friend was very fortunate that the young Borders staff member had made a mistake. :)

Did your wife sign up and get the book?

Beware of gold box deals and other offers, sometimes the prices of these so called sales is worse than the regular price. So do your homework.

BTW if you have a whole stack of discs which you have not watched, hang on, usually about 3-6 months after the initial release, you will find big cuts in the price.

Sorry, I have no time to search.....

A work friend is going out to buy The Pacific on BR tonight, what's the best price in AUST stores right now.

I told her it was on special at BigW but that was weeks back now ($50 or something)??????

Cheers if anyone can help in the next 15min or so.

Edited by Jutta

Happy Potter is back down to £17.99 !!! Amazon.co.uk (15.31 once VAT removed)

Is this the cheapest its ever been? Or was it at 14 pounds at one stage?

It was £12.49 on Black Friday if you were fast enough to click on it. I was too slow :P

Amazon UK updates:

Dr Strangelove - £6.49

Schwarzenegger Collection (Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal) [blu-ray] - £7.99

Alien Anthology still on special but a pound cheaper now - £28.99

The Ultimate Bourne Collection slightly cheaper too - £14.99

Amazon US:

The Twilight Zone: Season 1 - $48.99 (Region Locked)

Edited by rakkie

I got £25.51 on checkout B)

yes - this is with VAT removed.

some other titles at Amazon UK worth considering - all with a french gangster flavour : prices shown with VAT included:

CARLOS (THE JACKAL) - 3 DISC set - includes the full 6 hour version and the cut down version - 10.99pd (about $15)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlos-The-Jackal-...4811&sr=8-2

MESRINE (2 PART FILM !) - 10.99pds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mesrine-Parts-1-2-...ef=pd_cp_d_h__2

36 - Auteuil and Depardieu - 7.99pd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/36-Blu-ray-Daniel-...=pd_sim_d_h__11

Edited by tonyjg

Dunnersfella;142221 wrote:
That's the same price as the Red Shed is it not?

Maybe - Sony have promoted these packs off & on now for about 3-4 months - previously they have had different movie mixes but I figure all the better ones are gone (as you will note by the plethora of '300' copies) - so likely both chains are getting them at the same discount from distributor to clear the remaining stock of the existing movie mixes/packs...

Originally JB's had some of theirs marked as 'JB's Exclusive' back in September/October or such (i.e. the other movie combinations - they had a couple of combos I haven't seen at TWL, but the ones with '300' in seem to be everywhere)...

I only really posted it as of interest to those after the remote, as it's a good way to get a PS3 Remote - at JB they are normally $47 anyway - so for +$3 or +$8 you get 2 blu-ray movies as well!

grex;142329 wrote:
bought salt & legion for $47 landed from uk, hopefully i didn't pay too much for these 2

That's a pretty reasonable price for the 2 movies. Salt only released in NZ today and priced very close to $40.

I bought Legion in the recent Amazon black friday sale for NZ $16 landed. I am hoping that The Warehouse or JB Hi fi have a blu ray sale over Xmas and I can get Salt and the Expendables for $30 or less per movie.