Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might possibly get Lord of the Rings EE next year (from Blu-Ray.com):

Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-ray Next Year?

Posted July 27, 2009 10:06 AM by Josh Dreuth

New Line Cinema In an interview with Collider.com, director Peter Jackson gave some insight into the upcoming Blu-ray releases of 'The Lord of the Rings'. He was able to not only confirm what we already knew, that the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy' would present the theatrical versions of the films, but also that the Extended Editions of the films would be available on Blu-ray next year.

According to Jackson, the studio has already spoken to him about developing additional extra content for the 'The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Trilogy' Blu-ray release. This new content would presumably be added to the content available on the existing 12-disc DVD box set for the Blu-ray release.

It was previously believed that the Extended Edition Blu-ray release would be held back until the theatrical release of 'The Hobbit', but Jackson's remarks seem to indicated otherwise. Time will tell, but to get a release of this magnitude completed in less than a year (assuming they would start after the November 3rd release of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy') may be a little ambitious.

Original Article

Rhygar;98216 wrote:
It was previously believed that the Extended Edition Blu-ray release would be held back until the theatrical release of 'The Hobbit', but Jackson's remarks seem to indicated otherwise...

Peter Jackson has recently commented The Hobbit is still completely unfunded and there is no (even draft) timetable for commencing shooting/production - so the above assertion regarding the original release of the LOTR EE was probably very unlikely regardless...

On a related note looking forward to BSG the full series on BD in a couple of weeks - hoping JB will have a good competitive price vs. Miniscule Monkey... Gets released in the USA tonight (works out about NZ$340 from Amazon USA, $360 locally from Miniscule Monkey)... :)

So what are these guys like who are advertising on the forum?

http://www.inetvideo.com/

They are ok. Just be careful a lot of their stock are Canadian, which means if you are relying on US Region free info like me, you'll need to take extra care. They also sell stock that are preloved, and someone has mentioned they paid for new, got used, but didn't get any compensation.

Edited by broadbean

Looks like BigW are having a cheap Thursday (Cat in the letter box this arvo) for Blu-ray movies for under 19 bucks. Only the other day I picked up 10,000BC at Aldi for $19 and now BigW is at it.

Title from $15.92 to $18.77 are

$15.92 are

American History X

Beerfest

Eraser

The Fugitive

The Gauntlet

Under Seige

Lethal Weapon 1

Lethal Weapon 2

Road Warrior

Perfect Storm

Time to Kill

The Wedding Singer

$18.77 are

Batman Begins

RocknRola

Body of Lies

Star wars clone wars

Beowolf

10,000BC

The Departed

Blood Diamond

Last Samurai

Troy

4 Batman moves at 18.77 each

Shawshank redemption

Full Metal Jacket

Letters Two Jima

Flags of our Fathers

Sweeny

Blade Runner

Dead Space

Heaps of other newer titles for 2 for $46.

It will be a visit to the ATM on Thursday for me.

I think this sale deserves it own thread.

The sticky bargain thread seems to get bogged down with OS sales.

I heard about the BigW sale, but it's good to see the titles posted.

There are a few titles I'd be interested in.

Agree.

Still think we should have 2 bargain threads - one for online bargains & another for off the shelf bargains as the latter gets lost in the current thread that's 80% filled with online deals & hence are easily missed by those who are just looking to buy off the shelf.

2c.

As requested

They are ok. Just be careful a lot of their stock are Canadian, which means if you are relying on US Region free info like me, you'll need to take extra care. They also sell stock that are preloved, and someone has mentioned they paid for new, got used, but didn't get any compensation.

I've got around 75 disks from them and so far I'm very pleased given the price (lots of cheap HD-DVDs). I agree that their stock seems to be Canadian a lot of the time, and I've also ended up with a couple of "pre-loved" ones but in looking more carfully at their site the do list which ones are "used" (and cheaper) than "new" (and more expensive). They also seem to split multi packs and sell them individually (so you get thin cases). Their shipping is really quick and I've also got what I ordered, however I have had some busted cases but no problem disks so far. On balance I've been really happy with them as most of my disks have been under US$10ea delivered.

Edited by jmone

I think a thread for Aussie bargains, and one for overseas bargains would certainly suit me!

Yeah. Might be an idea to change the title of this thread to cover all Aussie retail BD bargains, as it's restricted to one retailer currently.

But only if there are enough people who'd find it useful to have bargains split into two threads.

& with more retailers decreasing prices & offering deals of late, there'd be an increase in numbers of those hoping to purchase locally you'd think.

Edited by Ralfi

i thought of that yesterday, was too afraid to mention it :o

it's a good idea, then it will be cash or credit sales for me :lol:

and i'd really love to hear about lots of those JB blu / dvd double packs like Bolt :D

Edited by mcduck

I have also ordered at least 70 HD DVD (and now 1 blu) and have NEVER had a problem with any disc (even the 2nd hand ones I have knowingly purchased).

As I usually wait to purchase at least 8 at a time they come boxed with "air" fillers (yes one or two spindles broken - but not bad for 1 week delivery).

Edited by KEF Ci2000