Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday night, their site went down for awhile, and then it came back up... i thought they would've have fixed their system prior to adding Bourne now.... it seems like this would be a trend to attract a lot of attention not sure if its viral marketing or just blatant stupidity. But us hoping for such cheap sale would be clinging on false hope, I haven't received the apology letter but I'm sure they will no hesitation to send that as it costs much less than confirming our orders lol :(

yesterday night, their site went down for awhile, and then it came back up... i thought they would've have fixed their system prior to adding Bourne now.... it seems like this would be a trend to attract a lot of attention not sure if its viral marketing or just blatant stupidity. But us hoping for such cheap sale would be clinging on false hope, I haven't received the apology letter but I'm sure they will no hesitation to send that as it costs much less than confirming our orders lol :(

Yes, and if this happens we are ALL unlikely to believe their prices in the future, opting for a more trustworthy retailer - they have shot themselves in the balls if you ask me. (yes I know you didn't)

Yes, and if this happens we are ALL unlikely to believe their prices in the future, opting for a more trustworthy retailer - they have shot themselves in the balls if you ask me. (yes I know you didn't)

Yep, I mean who will trust them?

If they cant get their act together on prices then no one will use them. You can bet they wont honour these prices, as has been evident in the emails starting to come out.

Just letting you know Dick Smith are still running the 2 for $60 on all titles under $40.

Even if your store isn't advertising it is in the computer system so it will automatically give you the sale price.

Of the most recent releases only Hulk was >$40.

Can anyone confirm whether this is still on? I’m wondering whether QoS may fall into this deal??

I thought I had bagged X-Men 3 for $10 but they fixed it as I was checking out but managed to grab Beetlejuice for $10.52 and In Bruges for $18.

Quite a number of films at $18 at the moment - Austin Powers, Riddick etc. - won't last though.

Here's hoping. :unsure:

Maybe I am just overly cautious and I believe no harm will be done (except people will miss out on some great prices possibly) but I know nothing about a fishpond and am not sure anyone has bought from them before? Just a whatif, but whatif someone put up a website with pictures of Blu-Ray discs at fantastic prices and then got a load of CC details? Wouldn't that be similar to a lot of phishing scams? How do people that have given CC details know which sites are kosher and which ones aren't? I use Amazon as I know who they are. I use EzyDVD and JB locally as I know who they are. I bought from a couple of the smaller local sites when HD DVD was selling out but they were ones people had used before. I guess I'm just possibly being over careful and missing some good bargains at times, but what security do people use to avoid being scammed?

Thanks for your order of Planet Terror with Fishpond.com.au.

This email is to inform you that there has been a temporary delay in sourcing this item. At the time of your order, the supplier was showing stock on hand but they must have mis-counted so it has been ordered from another source.

We now expect it to arrive at our warehouse between 18/03/09 and 21/03/09. You will receive an email notification on dispatch.

You can add me to the list of miscounts. :rolleyes:

From Fishpond...

"Hi David,

We have found a pricing error for X Men 3 & Quantum Of Solace in this order.

We have cancelled these titles from your order.

Despite our best efforts, occasionally pricing errors do occur and we have no choice

but to cancel the product from your order

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Karen

Fishpond

Customer Services Team"

:(

I believe u ordered around early morning, which is the same for most of us. Anyone else received this mail? I haven't, damnnn what's keeping them doing their job right lol

possibly... but at least we can find some details on them:

whois on the AU site:

Registrant Contact Name Daniel Robertson

Registrant Contact Email contact@fishpond.co.nz

whois on the NZ site:

registrant_contact_name: Fishpond Limited

registrant_contact_address1: PO Box 97736

registrant_contact_address2: SAMC

registrant_contact_city: Auckland

registrant_contact_postalcode: 1730

registrant_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)

registrant_contact_phone: +64 21 123457

registrant_contact_email: service@fishpond.co.nz

going by those 'miscounts' i highly doubt i'll be getting my bourne discs...

but what security do people use to avoid being scammed?

I have a CC with a very low limit, it is not from my main bank that holds all my other finances, I follow all there rules for online transactions. If i am scammed, i trust the bank will work it out. At the very most the scammers will get a small amount and i have the bank on my side, after all that is why i pay 20+% interest on the monies outstanding before i transfer funds to pay the balance out.

I've had the correct funds taken from my account, do they normally charge before delivery or after its shipped?

I believe they say once the goods have been shipped - what did you order and what prices?

Eeeeek - I used my CC, now I'm all paranoid!!!

Edited by Davidian

Well here goes:

1 x Hellboy Order Received $16.96

1 x Professionals The (1966) Order Received $13.23

1 x In Bruges Order Received $16.98

1 x Beetlejuice Order Received $10.52

Sub-Total: $57.69

Standard Shipping: Free!

Discount Coupons (BOOKSGALORE) : $-10.00

Total: $47.69

I believe they say once the goods have been shipped - what did you order and what prices?

Just ordered the Bourne boxset at $29.32. There is no statement yet in my bank saying its from Fishpond but the difference is that amount exactly.

I've had the correct funds taken from my account, do they normally charge before delivery or after its shipped?

I don't think they will have taken the funds, what you will likely have is that much reduced in available credit as they have done a check for the amount and it goes into a kind of reserve (banking people might explain it better). The transaction won't appear on the statement until the funds are actually taken and you are charged.

I don't think they will have taken the funds, what you will likely have is that much reduced in available credit as they have done a check for the amount and it goes into a kind of reserve (banking people might explain it better). The transaction won't appear on the statement until the funds are actually taken and you are charged.

Ah okay, thanks for that.

People have bought books from them before so they must be legit...

Don't get too worried it appears that no-one is reporting having their funds drained and all appears to be happening in a legitimate manner. I was just asking really in a general sense how people make sure they are secure, not necessarily fishpond, it just this got me thinking as I had never heard of the vendor. Of course worse case scenario anyway you can contact the CC company if the funds get taken and you have not made a purchase, you should be okay.

I see, missed that, but as I say above it really only got me to thinking how people do use a service like that for the first time and how they make sure they are secure. I am not suggesting doing it, but the way people in the world jump at a bargain, it probably wouldn't be too hard to setup a site if you were a Nigerian scam artist for example.

there was already a report of cancellation emails being sent out, lets see how many survivors are left in this war lol...

it probably wouldn't be too hard to setup a site if you were a Nigerian scam artist for example.

Then I would be impressed they were able to secure partnership and link up with the main Paypal site :D

Edited by Haksam

Don't get too worried it appears that no-one is reporting having their funds drained and all appears to be happening in a legitimate manner. I was just asking really in a general sense how people make sure they are secure, not necessarily fishpond, it just this got me thinking as I had never heard of the vendor. Of course worse case scenario anyway you can contact the CC company if the funds get taken and you have not made a purchase, you should be okay.

FWIW, full amounts have been deducted from my bank directly after placing my two orders today.

I also pre-ordered QOS and The Unforgiven last week and the funds were also debited straight away.

All three orders were via paypal.

You are right to bring this up, I for one will jump in blind if I smell a bargain, one day will come unstuck.

I remember simular reticence last year when inetvideo were selling HDDVDs rather cheaply. I remember someone here said that the site was suspect but perhaps fortunately, that site was 'sound'.