Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

There's just no fight in you is there? Caved like a house of cards? :P

I resisted for a day, that is probably a record. Actually I convinced myself they might have Shawshank today, but when I wasted the petrol getting there thought I should save some money to pay for it ;)

Got two of the Resident Evil movies, my wife wants the set, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest and Reservoir Dogs, that I wanted to update from DVD, and Horton for AQ/SQ and Dark City as I have never actually seen it. Not 6 I desperately wanted but I need to help the economy along :D

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... but I need to help the economy along :D

Gotta keep the economy ticking along :P

Got a few in mind myself, including a few I had on HD DVD and then sold. Nothing that's really really urgent though either, just hoping something jumps out at me.

.... and big "props" (<-as the cool kids say) to the DTV member who hinted at this sale a few days ago. I've squirreled away a little bit of lolly since reading that comment hoping it was true. So, well done :)

went to both lonsdale and bourke st. transformers wasn't stickered at lonsdale and only one left. bourke st guy said transformers is on the list.

dark knight still not in stock yet...should be in tomorrow.

They had quite a few Dark Knight at the Lonsdale store when I was there at about 1.30 - not in the Blu-Ray section itself, but on an aisle end near the cash desks.

I just bought 6 titles at the Mt Druitt JB store:

For $80, i got:

Pineapple Express

You Don't Mess With The Zohan

Wild Hogs

For $70, i got:

Can't Hardly Wait

Ice Age

Command

I also ordered the following online for $78.68:

I Robot

What Happens In Vegas

Drillbit Taylor

Spent more then i had intended to. But i'm pretty happy with the titles i got. Works out to be just over $25 each.

thats what i thought as well. most of the titles dvd.co.uk does it better with the 2 for 18 anyway ....

and titles like Semi-Pro should be half price at retail!!! sorry if it was a lame joke but I have kept it inside for far too long :D

Just went for a look at JB Macquarie, it's basically the same crap as last time, no recent releases and everything was 39.99, even titles that were 24.98 in the 20% off

I'll keep spending my money in the trade thread :)

.... and big "props" (<-as the cool kids say) to the DTV member who hinted at this sale a few days ago. I've squirreled away a little bit of lolly since reading that comment hoping it was true. So, well done :)

that would be me thanks! :) now if you could all share money buy me a title that would be awesome!..... just kidding :P

Just went for a look at JB Macquarie, it's basically the same crap as last time, no recent releases and everything was 39.99, even titles that were 24.98 in the 20% off

I'll keep spending my money in the trade thread :)

darthhasbro

As I said in my last message, there were price differences (by sticker) between one store and another in WA. Plus, I found the "best price yellow sticker discs" in the stock boxes under the shelves of both stores (maybe this was from a previous store mark down). Obviously, if something is over priced then 3 for 2 may still be over priced. I think there was plenty of stock to make it worth while looking around. And note that the movies that I picked that had 24.98 stickers, when I asked the store at Whitford to check the price, they said they came up as $30.99. So I don't know if there is price changes between stores, or if it is just down to the shelf sticker price.

For my own part, I had been looking at the 3 for 2 that my local Video Ezy were doing (Months ago now), but then I thought I would wait, as I thought this would be prior to a price drop. I was wrong, when they stopped the 3 for 2, if anything, they were marking up prices higher. So I guess you pay what you hope is a good price at the time, and don't look back. If you are always waiting, then you most likely will never buy anyway.

I just hope that "they" don't start marketing a "new" high def standard (the one they were calling "RED" in LA), too soon, as having the same movie on VHS (sold them off some time ago though), and on DVD and now also on blu-ray. How many times do I really want to buy the same movie? I just wish they would do like microsoft etc and when they bring out the "new" version, allow a cheaper "upgrade" fee for the movie you already have. I know that is dreaming of course.

Best of luck to all.

Mark

I had a look at the JBHifi up here today after seeing the ad in their latest catalogue.

No signs up on the shelves, and nothing with a sticker on it! Either the catalogue caught them unaware, or they're just slack, or both. :)

As per my post today, just pick out a group (3, 6 or 9 etc) that you are interested in and ask them to check at the counter, even if they haven't been made aware, the deal should show in the mix and match price. If the discs are not in the group, just leave that one out. Keep them in 3's for obvious reasons though.

Mark

Just got back from JB Macgregor (Brisbane). I didn't see many titles with the big yellow sticker, but they had big signs all over the shelves which read:

BUY ANY 2 BLURAY MOVIES AND GET A THIRD ONE (of equal or lesser value) FREE.

So I guess that means everything, regardless of stickers. The shelves were full as always.

Had a copy of Taken in my hand, but at $39.98, considered it a rip-off. There are no other movies I want, so buying two more would have effectively been the same as paying $80 for Taken.

They had quite a few Dark Knight at the Lonsdale store when I was there at about 1.30 - not in the Blu-Ray section itself, but on an aisle end near the cash desks.

arrghhhh...they guy stocking shelves just claimed they were sold out! i didn't even bother to look around after that...nvm i'll be at the prahran store later..will see what they have there...just wish iron man was included!!!

Blu Ray is disgraceful in Aus and its not getting any better!

JB at macquarie didnt even have 'Body Of Lies' yet and 'Taken' at 39.99 is an absolute joke! I dont think we get the uncut version here either. Ive also been searching for 'Man On Fire' for WEEKS and cant find it ANYWHERE.

Edited by Waz86

Blu Ray is disgraceful in Aus and its not getting any better!

JB at macquarie didnt even have 'Body Of Lies' yet and 'Taken' at 39.99 is an absolute joke! I dont think we get the uncut version here either. Ive also been searching for 'Man On Fire' for WEEKS and cant find it ANYWHERE.

Most of the new releases on Amazon are around us$25, which is aud$38, so not a big difference

just came back from jb at kedron and id say 90% of the stock had 2for1 stickers on them.. i pijked up 6 movies for under $140 about $23 ea.. not too bad.

Does this means that the sale applies to more than just the titles on the website ? I'm really after Let there be blood and Ironman. Is each store marking titles differently? Has anyone been to the Midland or Perth store (WA)

I was at JB Chermside last evenig only a few titles were marked but they had Hellboy 2 and Dark Night etc ....

Today I was at the Brisbane City store ... there were heaps more titles including bond movies ... I picked up 6 costing $22 each .... not bad :)

Just saw in todays JB HiFi flyer that there are a bunch of new Blu-Rays at $25. The Mummy 3 (i know it's a crap movie but some people might like it), Cloverfield, Tropic Thunder, Indy 4, Iron Man, Blade Runner - Final Cut, 2001 to name a few. I think I will check out Warehouse and JB Hi-Fi on Thursday.

So I guess that means everything, regardless of stickers. The shelves were full as always.

I strictly do not believe this is true. They do have a list of titles selected for the sale. I would be furious if you picked up wall*e and ironman as b2f1!! lol