Is there a Mariah Carey SACD?

Guest duckling

Guest duckling

Thanks Khooktd...will check it out from the local CD Shops. Btw, do you know where can I get this title? Don't recall seeing this title in SACD or XRCD before.

Anyone knows of a good online store that sells SACD at better price than local?

Thanks Khooktd...will check it out from the local CD Shops. Btw, do you know where can I get this title? Don't recall seeing this title in SACD or XRCD before.

Anyone knows of a good online store that sells SACD at better price than local?

Forgot to mention that this is a single layer SACD disc.

So far, i find it is generally cheaper to buy SACD titles locally rather than overseas due to the shipping costs. Places like New Disc Village can special order for you as most of the CD shops brings in only small quantities of only selected SACD titles. The Maria Carey title can be bought for SGD 36.00. Which is quite close to an overseas online store price before shipping charges.

Of course, if anyone knows of any good overseas lobang, please share.

ermm..in local music shop....SACD titles are more readily available....now more labels have join Sony in the releasing of SACD...latest i think is Universal Music....check out this site for latest SACD release:

http://www.elusivedisc.com

i thought DVD-Audio is the future?

no?

SACD is better? or more widely available?

currently only Sony label have them? or other label also have them too?

Single layer SACD disc means that it can only play on a dedicated SACD player....for Hybrid SACD there are 1 CD layer and 1 SACD layer i.e. you could also play it on normal CD player.........

cheers.........

Oh yes, I read abt it on the internet. But what is a Single Layer SACD Disc, is it equivalent to DSD (Direct Stream Digital)?

Guest duckling

Single layer SACD disc means that it can only play on a dedicated SACD player....for Hybrid SACD there are 1 CD layer and 1 SACD layer i.e. you could also play it on normal CD player.........

cheers.........

Thanks dgps...read abt it from the link you provided thus deleted my post but your respond was fast!! ;D

Oh yes, I read abt it on the internet. But what is a Single Layer SACD Disc, is it equivalent to DSD (Direct Stream Digital)?

Nope. A single layer SACD can only be read by a dedicated SACD player.

To play SACD on normal CD players, you need to buy hybrid SACD titles where there are at least 2 sets of recording encded - one in SACD and one in normal CD. I mention "at least 2" because for multi channel hybrid SACD titles, there will be 3 sets of encoding where the 3rd set of recording is specially for the multi-channel track.

Nope. A single layer SACD can only be read by a dedicated SACD player.

To play SACD on normal CD players, you need to buy hybrid SACD titles where there are at least 2 sets of recording encded - one in SACD and one in normal CD. I mention "at least 2" because for multi channel hybrid SACD titles, there will be 3 sets of encoding where the 3rd set of recording is specially for the multi-channel track.

ohh take note of this.. very infomative.. :)

i thought DVD-Audio is the future?

no?

SACD is better? or more widely available?

currently only Sony label have them? or other label also have them too?

The format wars of SACD vs DVD-Audio is still not over, so it is still not conclusive which is the format of the future. Maybe even neither. Who knows?

Anyway, SACD has been pushing out titles at a faster rate than DVD-Audio so far. Projected figures indicate about 1000 titles to be availble by now. SACD is supported from major music labels such as UMG, EMI, Sony Music and Virgin Records. SACD titles are also available from various independent labels, including AudioQuest, Chesky, Delos, DMP, FIM, Rounder, Telarc, Vanguard, Verve and Water Lily Acoustics.