SoundTracks!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Brotherhood of the Wolves, think you purchase it from most CD shops eg Sembawang, Borders (only today 15% off....but hack you don't want to buy CDs there that you find much substantially cheaper elsewhere)..

Just slightly above average score, you can hear a few tracks (the longer more passionate ones :) ) off my radio station. Composed by the same guy that did Xena TV series; he's Joseph LoDuca and currently there's someone called Dan Kolton saying that most of the music off that Xena series were actually ghost-written by him, and is now suing that composer.

(ref http://www.thelogbook.com/z2002/aug/aug19.htm)

7 reviews of amazon here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005S84Q/qid=1036216565/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-0858706-4987153

I got to watch Ghost in the Shell and Brotherhood of the Wolf recently and I thought that the music in the movie was great. Has anyone got them or have listened to them already?

I tried 2 Sembawangs today (Orchard MRT and Northpoint), both didn't carry it. It's available at borders for $27+ but I was thinking that if I can find it at Sembawang, it'll be less expensive than the 15% discounted price at Borders.

So hotbird, you've seen it at Sembawang before? btw, thinks for the review links. :)

The soundtrack is released locally by the local EMI distributors even tho' the stupid Import sticker is stuck there (actually an import from Europe where most of our pop CDs come anyway)...have seen it before at Sembawang as well as other local stores. Since the movie was released quite a while back, maybe been sold out and not been replenished.

I am more anxious for The Two Towers than Harry Potters...LOTR last year was among the best soundtrack score released in years, Howard Shore did a very good job, while HP's score can be counted among John William's average ones. Btw, I found a rare John William soundtrack at the Borders sales for only about S$17, yummy and good value (it's the last copy). Too bad nobody knows much about this soundtrack, it's one of JW's best works.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000005AME/qid=/sr=/ref=cm_lm_asin/102-9822039-1762524?v=glance

[quote author=bobafett81

link=board=18;threadid=7729;start=15#63207 date=1036440977]

Harry Potter OST will be coming out in Singapore in JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS!

Open Your Eyes!

Soundtracks from:

(1) Francis Lai "Love Story"

(2) Godfather I

(3) S.W.A.L.K, aka Melody, feauturing The Bee Gees n CNSY

(4) Paint Your Wagon, featuring, Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin

(5) Cabaret, featuring Liza Minelli & Joel Gray

(6) Fiddler on the Roof, featuring Topol

(7) Beatles "Yellow Submarine"

many more... care add from this era?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone bought Die Another Day OST? How's the OST?

Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers OST will be released in Singapore in 2 weeks time!

I have the Die Another Day soundtrack. Not much surprise with the score. Basically the James Bond theme interwoven with electronica by David Arnold. The only great tune is of coz Madonna's title track. On the whole, very upbeat but nothing new. However, this enhanced CD comes with Madonna's MTV, making-of the video, and other interesting extras.

It's a great soundtrack CD, a keeper...play quite a few of them on my ~Moviola~ radio station. Just updated my station with more wonderful soundtrack music, it's Micheal Nyman galore with selections from Gattaca, Wonderland, The End of the Affair, and The Claim

Band of Brothers Sountrack in my opinion is underrated and really good...very inspiring, esp the first few...

You meant Kenny G kind of saxophone music, sorry I only know that he only participated in only one track on another soundtrack album called "The Bodyguard".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002VMD/qid=1038762303/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-5232989-5537426

Anyway, the magic of Dying Young soundtrack is in the composer James Newton Howard and not Kenny G's complement. James Newton Howard has another soundtrack called "The Promised Land" that features similar melodic cues like Dying Young, however, this album is out-of-print years ago. It's released in 1988, some 3 years before Dying Young (1991)

Check

http://www.filmtracks.com/composers/howard.shtml

For real traditional jazz sax (read NOT Kenny G), there's

Round Midnight (sax-Dextor Gordon)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658N8/qid=1038762443/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_3/103-5232989-5537426

and

Bird (sax-Charlie Parker)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000065APY/qid=1038763373/sr=1-44/ref=sr_1_44/103-5232989-5537426?v=glance&s=music

and

Straight No Chaser (sax-Thelonius Monk)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658OZ/qid=1038763448/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/103-5232989-5537426

But I really doubt your taste is towards the above 3 albums of 'old man' saxophone soundtrack. Luckily there's one other soundtrack that features more modern fusion jazz sax. This is

Lily was Here (sax-Candy Dulfer)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000744J/qid%3D1038762786/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-5232989-5537426

Also there's a jazz group called 'Jazz at the Movies Band' that releases CDs on instumental jazz/sax music of movie themes. Check out their various albums at this link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/87501/ref=m_art_dp/103-5232989-5537426

That may be your cup of tea;not mine though...

On my station, I play selections from Dying Youhg, Promised Land and Lily was Here...do tune in if you can. :D

hi hotbird :)

any recommendation of saxophone music OST?

i think u knw what i mean.. something like Dying Young OST

tks.

Just got the original music score for Roman Polanski's acclaimed Holocaust movie chronicling the survival experience of a talented jewish pianist from Warsaw during the 1939-45 years. The classical pieces are great and I think they will enhance the mood and emotions of this heartfelt movie.

Pianist Soundtrack more of a classical compilation than a real original soundtrack score by a living composer tho'..

1. Nocturne in C-Sharp minor (1830)

2. Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72, No. 1

3. Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48, No. 1

4. Ballade No. 2 in F Major, Op. 38

5. Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23

6. Waltz No. 3 in A minor, Op. 34, No. 2

7. Prilude in E minor, Op. 28, No. 4

8. Grande Polonaise for Piano and Orchestra (preceded by an Andante Spianato), Op. 22

9. Andante spianato in G Major

10. Grande Polonaise in E-flat Major

11. Moving to the Ghetto Oct. 31, 1940

12. Mazurka in A minor, Op. 17, No. 4

Pianist Soundtrack more of a classical compilation than a real original soundtrack score by a living composer tho'..

1. Nocturne in C-Sharp minor (1830)

2. Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72, No. 1

3. Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48, No. 1

4. Ballade No. 2 in F Major, Op. 38

5. Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23

6. Waltz No. 3 in A minor, Op. 34, No. 2

7. Prilude in E minor, Op. 28, No. 4

8. Grande Polonaise for Piano and Orchestra (preceded by an Andante Spianato), Op. 22

9. Andante spianato in G Major

10. Grande Polonaise in E-flat Major

11. Moving to the Ghetto Oct. 31, 1940

12. Mazurka in A minor, Op. 17, No. 4

I have already mentioned in my post that this is a compilation of classical pieces.

There is a mistake in your tracklist. Your track 8 doesn't exist as track 9 & 10 make up track 8. So technically, there r only 11 tracks.

Besides the classical pieces, there's also a track composed by Wojciech Kilar (Bram Stroker's Dracula).

Just updated my internet radio station ~Moviola~

Latest additions are

1. Howard Shore's The Two Towers (including the trailer's Requiem for a Dream remix & limited edition only track Farewell to Lorien)

2. Klaus Badelt's K19

3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

4. Gabriel Yared's Possession

5. Krishna Levy's 8 Femmes

6. David Newman's Affairs of the Necklace

I just bought the OST. Where will Gollum's song appear? It sounds very "cartoon"... After repeated listening to the Gollum's Song... I'm hooked to it!!!

It's So special!!! love it!!!!!!

Any whatever happened to Enya? Why didn't they use her for the end credit song?

Overall quite good. But still need to watch the movie on 18th evening to fully appreciate the soundtrack even more!

Listen to Track 16! It's the best of all the tracks!

U just feel like getting ur bow and shoot down all the Orcs!

Just bought 3 soundtracks from Sembanwang Music Centre.....The Two Towers Limited Edition, Maid In Manhattan and Zhang Yimou's Hero. The theme song from Hero is sung by Faye Wong.

Listening to the Hero soundtrack now. This is THE score to match the eagerly-anticipated Chinese epic movie of the year! The use of violin by Itzhak Perlman and drums by the Kodo Drummers of Japan not only enhanced the epicness of the movie, but also brought out the elements of treachery, danger, romance and tragedy in the movie.

The bonus theme song "Hero" sung by Faye Wong is actually negligible among the entire score. The reason for its inclusion could be to make the soundtrack more commercial viable. However, as a stand-alone track, the song is actually quite nice.

The score for "Hero", composed by Tan Dun, is IMO, a classic-in-the-making.

I just bought the OST. Where will Gollum's song appear? It sounds very "cartoon"... After repeated listening to the Gollum's Song... I'm hooked to it!!!

It's So special!!! love it!!!!!!

Any whatever happened to Enya? Why didn't they use her for the end credit song?

Overall quite good. But still need to watch the movie on 18th evening to fully appreciate the soundtrack even more!

Listen to Track 16! It's the best of all the tracks!

U just feel like getting ur bow and shoot down all the Orcs!

Track 20, Farewell To Lorien, is great too!