Some shots from the NPS-VTP1024 Line Doubler/TV Tuner...

Interesting findings there, RL.

On TV RF transmission, the NICAM signal is tx together with the standard analog audio signal. Obviously, the standard analog is for legacy TV sets with no NICAM decoder. This is the standard for any TV broadcast to retain the legacy mono audio track.

For the NPS, it doesn't have a NICAM decoder, so no NICAM decoding for SCV channels, eg HBO, TCS and dual language on ESPN.

I'm sure the NPS does what 99.9% of audio equipment do. It sends the mono TV audio to left & right. Perhaps add in a bit of phase shift to give it a slight "surrond sound" effect.

I'd say to use the 8700 with the NPS, the advantage is to use 3:2 pull down on the NPS, since the 8700 lacks this.

How it compares? I'd want to know also.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe...no time to recehck the cable connection again lar...anyway mine working fine can laioz...hahah...:P

There're many ways like I put it especially the audio segment...coz I'm connecting to Bit88 Audio Enhancer...

Guest firezab

hi

want to buy a unit of this tuner.but would like to find out if it supports channel remapping. meaning --- if I use the autoscan and got say channel U at ch 25 can I re-map it to ch 01 so i do not have to press 25 but 01 to watch it ??

• 1 month later...

hi guys.. just bought zinwell PRo

so can i get stereo sound via the RF in SCV socket by default?

thanks guys...

bought it from fifth storey shop and the shop staff say they are distributor and the this zinwell is NPS oem or whatever..

That Zinwell (AKA VB50 AKA NPS) doesn't do stereo decode as been discussed if you read this thread fully.

You'll also realise Zinwell and NPS and VB50 are one and the same thing, only in sheeps clothing they differ.

Just to recap, no stereo sound, just the same mono in the left and right channels.

That Zinwell (AKA VB50 AKA NPS) doesn't do stereo decode as been discussed if you read this thread fully.

You'll also realise Zinwell and NPS and VB50 are one and the same thing, only in sheeps clothing they differ.

Just to recap, no stereo sound, just the same mono in the left and right channels.