Item Condition: Very Good to Excellent
Extra Info:  Please PM me if you have a unit you’re interested in selling

Would prefer a unit already fitted with a Bridge II

Black or Silver, no preference

Confirm that original box/packaging, remote available

Can collect in Sydney, or willing to pay shipping for the right unit

Edited by 4JacksAU

4 hours ago, DSD_Fan said:

I have one and LOVE it. When you get one, and if you're using USB, make sure to add a MATRIX X-SPDIF 2 as it improves the sound a lot 

Great to hear the positive support for this DAC. Helps to know I’m on the right track. I have been running my trusty Cambridge Audio Stream Magic6 for many years and it has served me well.

But finally time for an upgrade. I just need to land on the right unit now (still considering options) ... and introduce it to my other components ? 

Cheers

• Like 1

One thing I didn’t add. 

While some might disagree (YMMV) - the only other thing I’d say is the bridge 2 is a waste of money. You can much better results with a matrix x running i2s into the DSD. 

2 minutes ago, DSD_Fan said:

Bridge 2 only if you want to stream Spotify and the like. Otherwise PC via USB to the Matrix then I2S is the best you'll get from it (but the bridge still sounds good)

There are other options without the Bridge 2 that sound awesome, ethernet to UltraRendu, and USB to DS.  

• Like 1

Tks the advice ... If I find a DS with Bridge2 would prefer that as an option on interfaces.  My current streamer doesn't support Roon, and with a music server elsewhere in the house, my current solution is an RPi3 (as Roon endpoint), then S/PDIF coax into my streamer.

I'm hearing good things about I2S, using a decent HDMI cable, so definitely more experimentation to do!  ... that is, once I find a DS.

Come on SNA community, who has a unit in great nic they are willing to part with?

Edited by 4JacksAU

I am pleased to say folks - I’ve found a Directstream with Bridge 2 in mint condition in Sydney ?

First impressions ... WOW.

Still need to play with interfaces as per the advice received here. Tks All.

CF70A946-941B-4210-A26D-FB25ECDC8478.jpeg

Edited by 4JacksAU
  • Like 1