SF Guarneri Homage / BW 805 signature

Guest Callum

Nice, but for the love of God, lose the coffee table. They deserve better attention to acoustics than that.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, since we are now also refurnishing aaron's room for him...

May I humbly recommend a nice Italian Travertine Marble coffee table, to match the Homage Guarneri Memento spkr stands? :D

Attached files 95650=2883-Alicante Sofab+hjorne_main.jpg

Ilikecrumpets;95666 wrote:
Sounds like a good poll idea: "What's the most expensive/most obvious component you've sneaked into your HiFi system?"

I stole your idea and put it in the main forum for discussions...:)

I had the pleasure of hearing Aarons new speakers today, and must say that they really are truly wonderful in the mid/high section. They are well and truly in the true audiophile grade of speaker, and look it too. Sure they lack some bass, but that is the price you pay for such a sweet, smooth sound, in a speaker of reasonable size.

Thanks for the listen Aaron :)

too_tall;95885 wrote:
I had the pleasure of hearing Aarons new speakers today, and must say that they really are truly wonderful in the mid/high section. They are well and truly in the true audiophile grade of speaker, and look it too. Sure they lack some bass, but that is the price you pay for such a sweet, smooth sound, in a speaker of reasonable size.

Thanks for the listen Aaron
:)

Thanks for the kind words, too tall.

It was great to meet a fellow enthusiast, it would be great to return the visit some day to see what true 'large' speakers can do! :cool:

Hi there Aaron, Thanks for the time to let me have a listen to your system. I would have probably stayed longer but Vanessa was showing signs of boredom!. She did, however, comment on how your speakers sounded so clear and natural, which is very uncommon for her, as she could not tell the difference between a pair of Image 412's and my old JM Lab electras!

It was interesting returning home to listen to my system after yours actually. My room is wood walls, but heavy carpet on the floor. Quite different in the treble, but I think that the sonus faber mid range is still absolutely to die for, even though as we discussed, its rather less than neutral. I don't have an issue with it being colored, as its "very well painted". My system is probably very much the opposite to yours, in that its much more neutral, has the scale and bass you can not achieve from stand mounts, and consumes far, far more of the room. My speakers, while interesting to look at, are not the work of art that yours are. I envy the aesthetics of your speakers!

I also envy your source, that CD player makes an excellent example of the music we briefly listened to.

I would love to revisit one day when you get around to deciding on what your going to use for your bass reinforcement. When I finalize my system your more than welcome to come for a drive into the country with a selection of music and enjoy the unlimited loud listening potential I have here ( no neighbors )

Regarding the SB duet I collected from you yesterday, it plugged in and worked with a power cycle of the player being all that was required... No comments as to the sound quality as of yet, I am in discussions with my retailer as to a suitable DAC to connect it to. His current suggestion is the new Cyrus unit. Will keep in touch.

P.S. For having to live in or around Auckland, you have a very nice spot with a stellar view. This coming from someone who would rather die than live in a city!.

omegaspeedy;96437 wrote:
Aaron, some speaker cables to match your new SF's One of the best in the world for $950.

Wish I had the spare cash f%#k I hate not having the cash at the right time when deals like this come up!

Yep, no spare cash after buying the SFs...

I've got some good solid copper Audioquest cables now, next thing in the future will be getting the lower bass sorted out properly.

My word these speakers grow on you, I can't get enough time with them at present.