Yamamoto Headphone Amplifier Group Purchase

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Sorry for my silence on the forum. I have just spend 10 days in China, mainly with Melody. The Yamamoto order is progressing and I have added Jeff's to the order, although it may arrive a little later.

Melody have some exciting new products in the pipeline and I will be landing some M845 SE monoblocks in the next shipment. Wadiaman take note, this is the favourite tube for Definitions according the boys at Zu.

I will report in when I have a firm shipping date from Yamamoto-san.

Warwick

Yes Tony

I have been observing the headphone feeding frenzy. You guys are having lots of fun.

I too am looking forward to hearing one of these setups. Should be really good.

Chris just received a Yamamoto A-08S amplifier from Japan, lovely piece of kit.

Warwick

Hi All

Sorry for my silence on the forum. I have just spend 10 days in China, mainly with Melody. The Yamamoto order is progressing and I have added Jeff's to the order, although it may arrive a little later.

Melody have some exciting new products in the pipeline and I will be landing some M845 SE monoblocks in the next shipment. Wadiaman take note, this is the favourite tube for Definitions according the boys at Zu.

I will report in when I have a firm shipping date from Yamamoto-san.

Warwick[/b]

Hi Warwick,

I hear you re the 845s! Recent evaluations and discussions suggest the 18 watts is a better match to both my CD player and speakers than 50+ watts. I will contact you directly to make further arrangements.

And I am also looking forward to the delivery of the Yamamoto. The rack and the 'phones are already in the bedroom raring to go!

Greg

So are you going to tell us what monoblocks you have on loan? :P[/b]

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the delay in replying. TonyC has kindly allowed me to run in his VTL MB 125 monoblocks. 125 w pentode and approx 60 watts triode. Magnificent looking devices in brushed silver with a hint of valves glowing through the smoked glass front plate.

They have been making fine music in my listening room for a week now. As I don't run a pre, we have been having just a little trouble extracting the full benefit of the Wadia front end, with full triode power to the Zus. But at 80% even, they sound great. giving weight and depth hitherto missing from my system, without sacrificing clarity. Piano and female vocals are spectacular.

Other changes for me lately have been the curtains and a new wooden cabinet replacing the glass jobbie. Both are contributors to the improved sound I am sure.

Will post some new pictures in the showcase shortly.

Hi Warwick,

I hear you re the 845s! Recent evaluations and discussions suggest the 18 watts is a better match to both my CD player and speakers than 50+ watts. I will contact you directly to make further arrangements.

And I am also looking forward to the delivery of the Yamamoto. The rack and the 'phones are already in the bedroom raring to go!

Greg[/b]

After reading Warwick's post I went looking for a pic

post-3133-133211666534_thumb.jpg

And also came across these 70w push pull beasties

post-123-133211666539_thumb.jpg

post-3489-133211666558_thumb.jpg

but they dont know if they will go into the catalog yet as they are above the price points that melody are aiming at

they spec similar to keiths new cary's , I would love to try 70w pp triode on my Dyn's , Drool

EDIT , WarickF , I wonder If next time you are talking with melody You could get some idea of the price range that

the 70w PP triodes are in , Thank's

Moondog

Dont know how to delete the bottom two pics , Help please[/b]

Hello Moondog,

OK to delete photos:

1. Go into edit mode for the post (log in & click on edit on the bottom RHS of your post and select FULL EDIT)

2. Go to the attachments panel below the post

3. Click on the drop down list where it says "Manage 5 attachments" (your 5 photos)

4. decide photos to delete (the 16.8K photos are the ones you want to delete, since there is 3 of them all 16.8K in size)

5. Click the delete attachment icon (page with red cross on bottom LHS) for each image you wish to delete.

6. then Select SUBMIT MODIFIED POST (99% certain this is last step)

It is not absolutely clear to me which of the 16.88K images (all the same) are the last two images at the bottom of your post. My guess though, would be the last two listed, even though they are not listed in the order they are shown in your post.

Good Luck

Best

JA

Hello Moondog,

OK to delete photos:

1. Go into edit mode for the post (log in & click on edit on the bottom RHS of your post and select FULL EDIT)

2. Go to the attachments panel below the post

3. Click on the drop down list where it says "Manage 5 attachments" (your 5 photos)

4. decide photos to delete (the 16.8K photos are the ones you want to delete, since there is 3 of them all 16.8K in size)

5. Click the delete attachment icon (page with red cross on bottom LHS) for each image you wish to delete.

6. then Select SUBMIT MODIFIED POST (99% certain this is last step)

Good Luck

Best

JA[/b]

Thank's JA , How easy was that , Duh , Look at the icons I will, Thank's for Your guidance

Hi Moondog

I presume you are referring to the PM845 monoblocks. Power output is 70 W Class A and they weigh 45kgs each. They are available to me and I can bring them in on indent. Price is around the $8K mark depending on currency fluctuations. The M845 monoblocks are 18W and weigh 21kgs each. Price for the M845 is normally $4999 but I have received a special deal for the first shipment so I can do better onthis lot. There are 6 pairs in the shipment and 2 pairs are already allocated so interested parties should contact me. The units comming to Australia have the smooth Euro look front, not the Signature front shown in your photos which is the Asian market model.

All the best.

Warwick

Hi Moondog

I presume you are referring to the PM845 monoblocks. Power output is 70 W Class A and they weigh 45kgs each. They are available to me and I can bring them in on indent. Price is around the $8K mark depending on currency fluctuations. The M845 monoblocks are 18W and weigh 21kgs each. Price for the M845 is normally $4999 but I have received a special deal for the first shipment so I can do better onthis lot. There are 6 pairs in the shipment and 2 pairs are already allocated so interested parties should contact me. The units comming to Australia have the smooth Euro look front, not the Signature front shown in your photos which is the Asian market model.

All the best.

Warwick[/b]

Thank's Warwick , 70w pp Class A triode , That is some serious triode power. Price sounds good .

Now that's going to play havoc with my head for a while .

Hello

Any new information on the Yamamoto HA-02s. It has been a few days and no posts.

I ordered one myself last week.

Does anyone have a Ultrasone Edition 9 that they will be using with it?[/b]

Ive been waiting for over 8 weeks for mine , so I think you will have a fair bit more waiting to do :)

I ordered one myself last week.[/b]

Poor old Mr Yamamoto only has one pair of hands and he insists on building everything himself.

Did you tag onto the end of the Pure Music Group order slwiser? Hope you don't hold up the show... the other boys have been waiting very patiently so far (8 weeks) and I wouldn't want to see them hold it against you. :)

I am sure it will be more than worth the wait.... wish I had one coming my way. :wub:

Aaron

No, my order is totally separate you guys....I am in the US. I found this thread via Google and am interested in your impressions when they start coming in. I know it will be at least Sept before I see mine.

Hope the best.[/b]

Welcome to agreat forum US fellow :)

There are quite a few people over at Head Fi that have the HA-02 and may have more ideaas to how it will go with your cans.

I am taking a punt with the ATH W5000 as being perfect for the HA-02, I have know idea how compatable the cans you mentioned are with the HA-02 good luck with that one :wub:

Woops I just noticed your name in the Yamamoto post in Head Fi :)

Yea, if you noticed my first choice was the Berning microZOTL but it now is out of production and I did not want to loose out on this one, the Yamamoto. It too is unique in its implemenation of its design. Has anyone noticed any single tube designs on DIY forums. Not to many, if any I think. The Yamamoto is also a beauty. Whether it makes any real difference I don't know, but let me make one more observation about the HA-02. It's components are mounted much like a highly touted DAC onto the wood platform, the Altman Attraction DAC. High power is not needed when quality is available. It also has speaker taps which is a minor plus for me.

Yea, if you noticed my first choice was the Berning microZOTL but it now is out of production and I did not want to loose out on this one, the Yamamoto. It too is unique in its implemenation of its design. Has anyone noticed any single tube designs on DIY forums. Not to many, if any I think. The Yamamoto is also a beauty. Whether it makes any real difference I don't know, but let me make one more observation about the HA-02. It's components are mounted much like a highly touted DAC onto the wood platform, the Altman Attraction DAC. High power is not needed when quality is available. It also has speaker taps which is a minor plus for me.[/b]

I was just looking at the photos from the post on the microZotl , it also looks like a well built bit of kit.

I would love to see a list of speakers that the HA-02 will be capable of driving.

The Yamamoto HA-02 headphone amplifier must be the Hi Fi equivelant of the Harry Potter release. News has even spread to the USA.

Perhaps Pure Music Group should insist on a carton opening time Australia wide so no member in NSW or Victoria gets to hear it first. Tony C

The Yamamoto HA-02 headphone amplifier must be the Hi Fi equivelant of the Harry Potter release. News has even spread to the USA.

Perhaps Pure Music Group should insist on a carton opening time Australia wide so no member in NSW or Victoria gets to hear it first. Tony C[/b]

?? which box contains the amp with the lowest serial Number ?? .