https://www.audeze.com/products/mobius-series/mobius-headphone

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mobius-immersive-cinematic-3d-audio-headphone-headphones#/

In the market for a cheap portable headphones and stumbled on these. Even without the 3D audio features (Seems like a gimmick IMHO) , I think is a great buy for $310USD ($391 AUD incl. shipping) for being a portable closed back planar with Bluetooth. Thoughts? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Audeze is a bit ahead of the game here (unless you count the Audio Technica ADG series) when it comes to audiophile infiltration of the PC gamer set. I'll wait for enough reviews to be able to reach a consensus before I take the plunge but I'm very curious indeed.

oh please... look at the marketing, all of a sudden Audeze looks like Razer or Logitech.

"it's more than a headphone It's an experience"

why would they spend all these years building up a premium brand and then devalue it like that

by all means make the product, but stick to the brand.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been giving them a go for about a week. Have only really spent a few hours using them so far though.

Really only got them for gaming/media on the PC (have other cans for other uses) and the headtracking/virtualisation gives me the best VSS experience I've found so far.

All other solutions have failed for me with regard to frontal cues (side and rears are fine - front becomes a muddy mess inside my head). Sennheiser GSX1000 has been the best before now - gets to about 30 degrees forward to either side before the sound messes up.

Will try them with music etc at another date when I get the time, but am really happy so far for what I bought them for.

• Like 2