Official Benq W7500 Information Thread

Hi All,

I have decided to start a placeholder for information, reviews etc on a few of the Benq projectors that may hold some interest for forum members.

If you have any questions, ideas or concerns put them here and we will do our best to answer them.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I have decided to start a placeholder for information, reviews etc on a few of the Benq projectors that may hold some interest for forum members.

If you have any questions, ideas or concerns put them here and we will do our best to answer them.

Cheers,

Matt

2nd commercial member! Welcome to the jungle Matt.

Did a 7500 demo the other day will have order for you soon too.

Hi all,

I've just set up my new BenQ W7500.

I noticed after half an hour of viewing a high pitched whine began coming from it.

The projector only has 4 hours on it now but the sound is very noticeable to me, and very distracting during movies.

The projector is ~1mtr from the viewing position.

I know it's not the fan as when I press the power off button, the whine stops but the fans keep spinning to cool the unit down.

Has anybody else experienced this fault?

Should I be looking to send it back to BenQ?

Could be the iris, colour wheel or the lamp ballast.

If it's the iris, it will be intermittent and occur on sudden changes to brightness (up or down) - problems with the iris normally result in a grating sound, so not likely to be this.

If the colour wheel, the tone may change slightly when playing DVDs vs blu-rays depending on your set-up.

If the lamp ballast, you may get a note change between eco and full lamp.

Take it back to the retailer if a recent purchase and get a new replacement - not sure what BenQ's DOA policy is nowadays, but expect it will be ~14 days.

Hey all. Just setup my new 7500 and the kids are watching the lego movie. Just a novice but straight out of the box it seems fantastic. Haven't messed with any settings. Just cinema mode and Eco lamp. Pretty happy with it after just 1 hour. Kids can go to bed soon and I will give avatar 3d a whirl. Thanks to rich at oz theatre for his quick service and supply.

3d avatar was a massive hit. Can say as a novice ( and there are lots of us just lurking and looking for simple confirmation of quality) that the 7500 is well worth it. 2d was fantastic. Colors, sharpness were to my untrained eye spot on. The 3d was even better with benQ glasses. Scenes popped and there were no imperfections whatsoever. This was screened on a TCC 110" fixed.

There's lots of technical jargon out there but my impression is just "WOW".

If your happy that's what counts. By all accounts it a great pj. It's on my list but I want to see it in action as I've see rainbows (sometimes unicorns too) really bad in the past

If your happy that's what counts. By all accounts it a great pj. It's on my list but I want to see it in action as I've see rainbows (sometimes unicorns too) really bad in the past

Only ever heard of rainbow effect. Not sure what it is exactly but haven't seen any in my short experience with dlp.

I only had to turn my head slightly and there was bright colours flashing all over the screen. I'm extremely susceptible to motion sickness which may be linked, I'm not sure but that sucks when I enjoy tuna fishing so much :/

I think it's a about 2% of people see it. It's much improved to the days InFocus were ruling the home pj sector many years ago. I'm hoping I don't see it anymore

The higher speed colour wheels in current models are much better. I couldn't watch early DLPs as they were rainbow city, but am fine with my W6000.

Hi Fury13,

As Quark have pointed out it could be several different things.

Where are you based?

If you could send an email to at mwalker @ westan.com.au of the noise I will try to determine its cause with the tech team to save you getting it sorted out another way.

Also if the unit is under 14 days old we offer a DOA swap over so you don't spend any time mucking around with a faulty unit.

We will get this sorted for you early next week.

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by Matt Walker

No mate I'm in Hobart. We don't have much option. The box and mover stores are happy to order one in for you but want to charge you full retail because it's a special order when all they are doing is making a phone call. They have no knowledge of the product, didn't even need to try to sell it too you and want to cash in a $1500 profit or whatever for a 1 minute ph call. Bit rich I feel.

No mate I'm in Hobart. We don't have much option. The box and mover stores are happy to order one in for you but want to charge you full retail because it's a special order when all they are doing is making a phone call. They have no knowledge of the product, didn't even need to try to sell it too you and want to cash in a $1500 profit or whatever for a 1 minute ph call. Bit rich I feel.

Cowboy is in Ballarat and ordered his at the GB price from OZTS in Queensland. If a local store has to order one in also, why wouldn't you just do the same as Cowboy? I did the same with my JVC X35, got it from South Australia at a GB price and actually my first JVC I also got from OZTS. Don't see the point of bagging out local retailers, just bypass them and order it yourself.

I have no problem doing that but want to see one in person first to make sure I don't see rainbows on it as I used to extremely badly.

I will be ordering from Rich when the time comes.

Thanks for the advice

In that case I wouldn't even be considering one if you have in the past seen rainbows "extremely badly" and would just order in a non-dlp projector. Anyway seeing one in person doesn't change the fact you'd still have the issue of a store ordering one at full RRP. Good luck.