Sony 50Es And 55Es

Power on the side here2rock, with all the other ports. Ports on the side are fine for me.

I have plugged mine in and projected onto about 150" of white wall while I wait for a screen to arrive. Pretty happy so far (but I haven't really spent much time looking at a modern HT projector, so my opinion isn't really all that informed)!

Danny

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Conifer

I'm about to call Sony about my 50es, love it think its great but now experiencing blocking.

Watching a bluray and when the title appeared there was like (hard to explain) a faint blocks around the title of the movie!

I went to iTunes and it was worse, as I scroll through my purchased products, it's not pixelating but like a (as mentioned) faint kinda blocks around the words.

Haas anyone else had this issue?

Not sure if this is a known issue in LCD projectors...

However I don't remember it being there when I first purchase my projector.

Do you have some picture sharpening adjustment turned up high - these can can cause ringing around text and objects. Poorly mastered material can have the same from edge enhancement - e.g. the spacestation scene in 2001 the actors look like they're meant to be angels due to the heavy handed use of edge enhancement.

Guest Conifer

Do you have some picture sharpening adjustment turned up high - these can can cause ringing around text and objects. Poorly mastered material can have the same from edge enhancement - e.g. the spacestation scene in 2001 the actors look like they're meant to be angels due to the heavy handed use of edge enhancement.

Cool, thank you I didn't think of that. Might check that today and see how i go.

I have attached a picture , the image is from The Amazing Spiderman Bluray (when the disc is loading up) if you look around the

image you see a dark grey boxes around the image/icon. Poor image..taken, hopefully you can notice it.

This is happening throughout parts of the movie.

I thought it may have been the BluRay player, however same happens with iTunes. Not sure if it maybe a setting on the pre-amp.

I haven't been confident enough to go touching the RBG settings etc...

Don't get me wrong this projector is great and love the colours and the picture it produces.

post-9912-0-32414900-1398816211_thumb.jp

Edited by Toet

Gamma should not do that, the brightness or sharpness settings where likely the root cause. Going to a gamma of 2.4 from say 2.2 is like lowering brightness and will require that brightness be recalibrated.

The projector only displays what you give it, with good source like Bluray there should be no issues, but iTunes is highly compressed, is not in the same league and will have the sort of issues you observed.

Edited by Owen