Official Panasonic Pt-ae7000e Group Buy

interested as well, just cant make up my mind which brand to go with:((

Yeh agreed the Epson top models seem to have the best black level performance in this price range. That's why I am tempted to go that direction. They also have 480Hz for 3D and according to projector reviews they make the LCD used in the Pana.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. I would be interest in one as well.

OK

So why not start a new thread for the Epson and leave this one to those interested in the Pana?

but onthe topic of Epson the brief review of the the 9000 inparticularly did not overly praise the quality of it's 2d image as per rave reviews the Pana has been getting.

"The only negative thing we might say is that the quality of the projector's 2D pictures, while certainly good, didn't leave our jaws hanging open in awe "

http://www.trustedreviews.com/epson-3_Projector_review

Given the majority of viewing on any 3d kit will be 2d this is something to consider.

Edited by Crist

OK

So why not start a new thread for the Epson and leave this one to those interested in the Pana?

but onthe topic of Epson the brief review of the the 9000 inparticularly did not overly praise the quality of it's 2d image as per rave reviews the Pana has been getting.

"The only negative thing we might say is that the quality of the projector's 2D pictures, while certainly good, didn't leave our jaws hanging open in awe "

http://www.trustedreviews.com/epson-3_Projector_review

Given the majority of viewing on any 3d kit will be 2d this is something to consider.

No mention of whether the 2D was viewed after calibration or which picture/lamp modes were used however, and also in a room with white walls and ceilings. Sounds like they were using it in max brightness modes. So much for a trusted review haha.

Agreed however on keeping this thread on topic for the Panasonic.

I've been slowly working my way through the AVS official thread for this unit. It seems to be such a "love or hate" relationship with Panasonic. The competitors are the JVC lovers and the DLP lovers. Gee it would be great to be able to go somewhere in Melbourne and actually view for ones self!

I've been slowly working my way through the AVS official thread for this unit. It seems to be such a "love or hate" relationship with Panasonic. The competitors are the JVC lovers and the DLP lovers. Gee it would be great to be able to go somewhere in Melbourne and actually view for ones self!

Tell me about it, I've kept my eyes on all the Panasonic threads and the Epson threads but I cant seem to stop flipping from one or the other. :wacko:

It seems info on the Epson models are starting to trickle out finally..hopefully by the end of the week I'll decide.

Hopefully hear from webbsy about pricing tomorrow as he gets back from overseas. Ive been so tempted to just buy one from hot.com.au but now with waiting for the group buy and the epson coming out im still undecided....

Not sure if Pana has improved their customer service or people have just forgotten the nightmare stories from a few years ago when Pana projector lamps and LCD panels would fail after a few hundred hours and Pana would refuse to replace? Left people with a massive whole in their pockets. Not sure that I would trust them yet! I am not trying to white ant this thread but was just wanting to warn buyers of the recent past.

Not sure if Pana has improved their customer service or people have just forgotten the nightmare stories from a few years ago when Pana projector lamps and LCD panels would fail after a few hundred hours and Pana would refuse to replace? Left people with a massive whole in their pockets. Not sure that I would trust them yet! I am not trying to white ant this thread but was just wanting to warn buyers of the recent past.

I experienced it with the cr@p ae700. Worst projector ever made and interestingly had glowing industry reviews .

Edited by Crist

i can arrange any brand GB so if there are other models like the epson let me know and ill get pricing.

Thanks webbsy. I may be interested in an Epson, not sure if it would be a 5900, 6000, 8000 or 9000 though. probably a 6000 due to budget limit. See what you can do.

Edited by Bertzz

ok im back, and have put the call into the retailer but he is in a meeting today so should here soon for immediate delivery. i can arrange any brand GB so if there are other models like the epson let me know and ill get pricing.

Excellent...I'm still interested in the pricing on the panny myself..I like what I read about it...but I guess the more options the better.

Also...I've not done a GB on here before, can someone fill me in as to how payment works...is it cash to a central person, or can we pay via cards etc....sorry for a noob question!

[Also...I've not done a GB on here before, can someone fill me in as to how payment works...is it cash to a central person, or can we pay via cards etc....sorry for a noob question!

i would also like to how a gb works, my last projector purchase was from Price Usa-and that was fairly easy.

[Also...I've not done a GB on here before, can someone fill me in as to how payment works...is it cash to a central person, or can we pay via cards etc....sorry for a noob question!

i would also like to how a gb works, my last projector purchase was from Price Usa-and that was fairly easy.

I gather we will all pay webby - routed through his business for security - and then he will pay the supplier.

I'm in for this buy. Can't wait to try out this projector at home.