Editing Video (removing Adds)

Hi, i'm not really sure where to post this question. So if this is the wrong place - i apologise. Could you please point me in the right direction.

I have a Beyonwiz Dp-p2. When i transfer the video to my PC i save it as .ts files.

I have been trying out several different programs to edit out the adds, but have each ave annoying problems (Or maybe i'm not using them correctly.

MPEGStreamclip - abit slow to remove adds + randomly crashes (Windows errors then program closure)

TMPGEnc 4.0 Express - Easy to remove adds, but i can't seem to convert it to an AVI(xvid) that my WD Live TV can play.

Avidemux - Easy to remove adds, but AutoGK won't open the .ts file that Avidemux saves. (Says there is no video stream.. Even though there is)

I guess i was wondering what programs people use to edit out the Advertisements(Pro's and cons as well if you've got time).

(Prefferably free programs!, but if they are good/easy i'll pay :)

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Thanks!

Edited by NaturalSelector

Hi, i'm not really sure where to post this question. So if this is the wrong place - i apologise. Could you please point me in the right direction.

I have a Beyonwiz Dp-p2. When i transfer the video to my PC i save it as .ts files.

I have been trying out several different programs to edit out the adds, but have each ave annoying problems (Or maybe i'm not using them correctly.

MPEGStreamclip - abit slow to remove adds + randomly crashes (Windows errors then program closure)

TMPGEnc 4.0 Express - Easy to remove adds, but i can't seem to convert it to an AVI(xvid) that my WD Live TV can play.

Avidemux - Easy to remove adds, but AutoGK won't open the .ts file that Avidemux saves. (Says there is no video stream.. Even though there is)

I guess i was wondering what programs people use to edit out the Advertisements(Pro's and cons as well if you've got time).

(Prefferably free programs!, but if they are good/easy i'll pay :)

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Thanks!

I have been using VideoReDo for a few years. It works well, the current version is 3.20.2.609

I have been using VideoReDo for a few years. It works well, the current version is 3.20.2.609

I tried most of the freeware apps but found VideoReDo the easiest to work with but still takes a bit of time to manually place the cuts. Never figured out how to make the automatic cutter work properly.

I tried most of the freeware apps but found VideoReDo the easiest to work with but still takes a bit of time to manually place the cuts. Never figured out how to make the automatic cutter work properly.
Use the auto to mark the breaks and then do the removal manually, I find works well.

One can run the batch tool for the first step and do many at once.

Thanks for the replies folks!

Keen to try HDTVtoMPEG and it also looks like VideoReDo will be worth a shot.

The Auto Ad* removal sounds pretty sweet - the Auto mark will save alot of time!

Has anyone used anything other than VideoReDo or HDTVtoMPEG2?

* the term Ad in this instance refers to a television advertisement or television commercial, often just called a commercial or TV ad, it is also know as an advert. - An Ad is a span of television programming produced and paid for by an organization that conveys a message. Some viewers feel that Ads "add to our enjoyment of TV" :D Hehe

I use ProjectX and Avidemux, both free programs.

ProjectX fixes up transmission errors and demuxes into separate audio, video and subtitle files.

Despite the name, avidemux can actually multiplex the audio and video files into a single one and re-encode if you want to make the file smaller.

I've found that if I don't use ProjectX first, then avidemux will have audio sync problems.

ProjectX has a horrible interface but once you set it up and get used to it, it doesn't take long to edit out the ads.

Just manually navigate to the ad boundaries with the left and right arrow keys (faster with Shift- then Control- and fastest with Alt-) and press A to add a cut point.

Red areas between cut points are discarded, green areas are kept.

For instructions on setting up ProjectX to demux a Beyonwiz TS file see http://www.openwiz.org/wiki/ProjectX

One big advantage of ProjectX is that you can extract the subtitles into an SRT file which can be read by the Wiz and PC players like The KM Player.

I use ProjectX's post processing feature to automatically call avidemux with my favourite settings to convert to an xvid AVI.

I also use collections in ProjectX to batch up multiple conversions overnight.

Alternatively if you are not too fussy about frame accuracy you can also remove the ads directly from the Wiz user interface marking the start with the yellow button then moving to the end and pressing Pop-Up > Delete A-B.

Edited by glow