65" S20a & Vt20a - When?

thanks diesel, getting it for $2500, and seeing it on sale for $2998 is nice......

I love the bigger size, i must admit, i knew that the larger screen would be an improvement, but i just didn't know that it would be such a big improvement.... :wub:

Edited by larry

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, having a starting point of sub $3k makes it much easier for folk to reach $2500. That would be my aim, if I was cashed up for one.

Yikes under $3K that is half price of the RRP earlier this year, (I paid $4326 after Wii redemption sold) love my big 65" v10 must say.

Hey Diesel up early are we, I thought your were always cashed up!.

Who's not blown away by these prices?

The 65V10 was an absolute winner, price-wise, when it came out but this S20 is on another realm altogether.

I'm stunned that there isn't more discussion and that a long thread hasn't developed like for the PS63C7000. My guess is that most people here who were after a large Plasma went ahead with the Samsung 63" (myself included) otherwise a frenzy would have ensued.

I was interested in these monster sets until I saw a V10 on display last month in Bing Lee. It had an Energy Star Rating of 1. This just made me think that they were all guzzlers. So I thought I'd wait a year or two until they got more efficient.

They didn't have display models of the VT20A and S20A at the time.

Just looked up the VT20A just now and it's a 4 Star and checked the S20A and it's a 5 Star on their website. Wow.

Am now planning my strategy for getting finance minister approval...

Edited by Fouler

Who's not blown away by these prices?

The 65V10 was an absolute winner, price-wise, when it came out but this S20 is on another realm altogether.

I'm stunned that there isn't more discussion and that a long thread hasn't developed like for the PS63C7000. My guess is that most people here who were after a large Plasma went ahead with the Samsung 63" (myself included) otherwise a frenzy would have ensued.

Interesting that the 65s20 is probably the 65v10 as it has exactly the same spec and made in Japan as well.

The big bonus with the Pana's is that you can get them virtually straight away. I like many were waiting for ages to get the 65 last year and retailers were aware and not willing to move on price.

Bargains at the time were had by a select few. Foxy for starters but even his price is way above what the s20 is retailing for without haggling.

Edited by CC Rider

Interesting that the 65s20 is probably the 65v10 as it has exactly the same spec and made in Japan as well.

The big bonus with the Pana's is that you can get them virtually straight away. I like many were waiting for ages to get the 65 last year and retailers were aware and not willing to move on price.

Bargains at the time were had by a select few. Foxy for starters but even his price is way above what the s20 is retailing for without haggling.

Spot on I was lucky ordered mid Dec 2009 received 3rd week Jan and been loving the 65" V10 ever since. Some waited months.

checking the power consumption figures :

-my previous tv last year : TH-P50V10A 50" panasonic plasma 1103 kWh/yr

-this year the new tv TH-P65S20A 65" panasonic plasma 913 kWh/yr

not bad that a lot larger tv uses the same amount of power....

Hey Diesel up early are we, I thought your were always cashed up!.

have a few minutes spare this morning so I thought I'd check in. The S20 purchase is on hold ATM as I am trying to talk the wife into taking the mini-diesels to DisneyLand whilst the AU$ is near parity

checking the power consumption figures :

-my previous tv last year : TH-P50V10A 50" panasonic plasma 1103 kWh/yr

-this year the new tv TH-P65S20A 65" panasonic plasma 913 kWh/yr

not bad that a lot larger tv uses the same amount of power....

That's really good!

I can't remember the exact comparison figures but the "V" series Plasmas' were pulling in some decently low numbers compared to the 800/850 series already so it's good to see that downward trend continue.

Plus 5 years interest free according to their latest catalogue.

Walked in to JB this morning after getting a haircut, and the 60mths interest free certainly is enticing. Must mean if you pay cash there's a good discount available?

Walked in to JB this morning after getting a haircut, and the 60mths interest free certainly is enticing. Must mean if you pay cash there's a good discount available?

Pay cash usually better they have no CC fees.

I've got approval for a 65S20A... $2899 seems to be the best I've seen so far ... I've also got Choice Shopper on the case. See what they come back with.

I'm in Brisbane so there might be some tax in that :(

EDIT: Choice Shopper came back with $2765 delivered... pretty good I think for minimal effort on my part :)

Edited by Luke Smith

I've got approval for a 65S20A... $2899 seems to be the best I've seen so far ... I've also got Choice Shopper on the case. See what they come back with.

I'm in Brisbane so there might be some tax in that :(

EDIT: Choice Shopper came back with $2765 delivered... pretty good I think for minimal effort on my part :)

Hi Luke,

I just bought 65S20A at JB HiFi Castle Hill for $2500 on Sunday. If you pay by credit card, $2600 is easy to arrive. Go to JB HiFi mate. Good luck.

Yeo my similar Panny 65" V10 HERE

got the wall mount from NAS (Nationwide Antennae Service) was about $80.

Hi Foxy,

Your tv on the wall looks really good. Which model did you buy from NAS? There is a lot of choice & so its confusing. NAS is a Brisbane company, are you located in Brisbane or did you contact their local sales agent in Sydney/ other cities? Appreciate if you can tell me the model no. I am keen to wall mount mine when I get it delivered. JB HiFi told Panasonic has a special wall mount for the 65" and it costs $500!!! So I was mentally prepared to put it on my entertainment unit.

Cheers

Arun

Hi Foxy,

Your tv on the wall looks really good. Which model did you buy from NAS? There is a lot of choice & so its confusing. NAS is a Brisbane company, are you located in Brisbane or did you contact their local sales agent in Sydney/ other cities? Appreciate if you can tell me the model no. I am keen to wall mount mine when I get it delivered. JB HiFi told Panasonic has a special wall mount for the 65" and it costs $500!!! So I was mentally prepared to put it on my entertainment unit.

Cheers

Arun

Gee it was 10 months ago, purchased from NAS in Cairns, think it was Model BRKPLAW-5000F has locking bar and has slight tilt guess 5°, says to 63" but my Panny 65" fitted no probs, takes to 75KG so OK there too as mine was 60KG with out stand. Had the good woman plug in the cables as it was lifted into place. As you never know, run as many cables as you can.

LINK:

or give em a call they will set you straight.

Damn!

A few people may be a little miffed if they only just bought.

I wonder which other models got a price cut. The 65" and 58" VTs don't seem to have moved, and the 54" and 50" VT's seem a little lower but did they get a price drop a little while ago?