Oppo Purchasing Options

Ordered direct from Oppo about 9.30pm last wednesday night. Shipped Thurs morning 3.50am, arrived Just after lunchtime Monday. Just got around to opening the package today and it seems now that Oppo are including the AIX Records sampler in the box. Couldn't be happier..... Now wheres that modchip????

and at a not a bad exchange rate ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aussie $ is now @ 87.4 against the greenback as I type .... wanna order an Oppo direct? Looks like a good time.

US$ 625=AUD$715

Yeah...but the banks / Credit Cards have a different exchange rate...one that rips us off!!! But still better than a few weeks ago.....

So, pls check with your credit card what exchange rate they use and what commissions they charge for using non-domestic currency... :huh:

Yeah...but the banks / Credit Cards have a different exchange rate...one that rips us off!!! But still better than a few weeks ago.....

So, pls check with your credit card what exchange rate they use and what commissions they charge for using non-domestic currency... :huh:

Exactly

Checked out website HKflix and received the following email regarding shipping options for the Opp BDP-83 to Oz: Prices quoted USD.

http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/asp/pid.171/qx/details.htm

They sell their oppo for USD$499.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. Here are the shipping methods available for this unit:

1) EMS (to be delivered by the postal service in your country) - $155 OR

2) FedEx International Priority - $116

If you would like to place an order please let us know and we will assist you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us, of course.

Best,

Mimi

This worked out to be USD$615/AUD$708.603 delivered via FedEx International Priority. If you add the add the mod cable kit from Blueraychip for USD$79/AUD$91.023 you can get the Oppo modded delivered for USD$684/AUD$799.626.

Not bad......cracking the $800 barrier now.

1 AUD = 0.867905 USD from xe.com

Checked out website HKflix and received the following email regarding shipping options for the Opp BDP-83 to Oz: Prices quoted USD.

http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/asp/pid.171/qx/details.htm

They sell their oppo for USD$499.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. Here are the shipping methods available for this unit:

1) EMS (to be delivered by the postal service in your country) - $155 OR

2) FedEx International Priority - $116

If you would like to place an order please let us know and we will assist you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us, of course.

Best,

Mimi

This worked out to be USD$615/AUD$708.603 delivered via FedEx International Priority. If you add the add the mod cable kit from Blueraychip for USD$79/AUD$91.023 you can get the Oppo modded delivered for USD$684/AUD$799.626.

Not bad......cracking the $800 barrier now.

1 AUD = 0.867905 USD from xe.com

Hey Guys

Try this one.

Buy from Amazon.com, they have free shipping inside the US.Get it shipped to a lady called Carrie, she operates a fright forwarding business from home called Carriemy shopping .I have used in the past for some speakers and was all legit.You can even use paypal etc,

She will then ship it via US priority mail.that costs $78.00 US. I have checked it all out and confirmed prices.

$499 plus $78 plus $12.00 Carries fee= $589 US @ 87 = AUD$ 677. (only extra charge is the paypal fee.)

Then add the Mod kit @$91 = 768 in total.

Chers

Jelliemillie

Would just like to add, that I finally got around to installing the modchip into my second Oppo from bluraychip.dk. Overall it was a very positive experience. The install took all of about 7 minutes. Nice clear and easy to read instructions from the website. Worked perfectly straight away. I also find the operation of the region changing a lot nicer than on the player I got in the GB from CHT in the states. This one, all you have to do is press 1, 2 or 3 on the remote for regions A, B and C from standby and the player powers up with the chosen region.

At todays exchange rate you looking a few bucks over $90 AUS, delivery took 8 days. A very happy customer!

Would just like to add, that I finally got around to installing the modchip into my second Oppo from bluraychip.dk. Overall it was a very positive experience. The install took all of about 7 minutes. Nice clear and easy to read instructions from the website. Worked perfectly straight away. I also find the operation of the region changing a lot nicer than on the player I got in the GB from CHT in the states. This one, all you have to do is press 1, 2 or 3 on the remote for regions A, B and C from standby and the player powers up with the chosen region.

At todays exchange rate you looking a few bucks over $90 AUS, delivery took 8 days. A very happy customer!

what keys for changing DVD region then?

what keys for changing DVD region then?

From the website

"For a specific DVD region playback, press green button and the a number from "0" to "6". For automatic all region free select "0".

When I installed the modchip it was already set for automatic region free operation

Man I wish my slush fund had some cash in it right now.

Where's that damn tax cheque and xmas bonus.

LOL. I did my tax thinking I would have a nice refund and I have a bloody tax debt! So I'm still sitting on the fence. I have a Popcorn C200 shipping in 4 days so I might see how that goes first.

Ordered Oppo direct, and modchip from http://www.bluraychip.dk.

I will tally up the total AUD costs once they appear :)

Hi Guys ,

Just received this email, thought you may be interested in the information.Hi there!

The ASi Oppo BDP-83 group buy special price purchase program is now active! Thank you for signing up on our group buy list!! You can purchase a new modified Oppo BDP-83 from us or send yours in for a reduced price for modifications.. Make a note that this special deal will only run until November 15th. Our group buy special price purchase program is on a first come, first serve basis. The order line is just now starting so don't delay!

The link to the OPPO group buy page can be found below.

This specific page allows you to look over and choose from all our OPPO modification packages and options and find the one that is right for you! http://www.asi-tek.com/Oppo7.html

The is the direct link to the group buy purchase page for new modified units or for you to send yours in for reduced price for modifications. It also provides further information about purchasing, turnaround time, shipping and other information. http://www.asi-tek.com/Oppo7GroupBuy.html

You may call or email your order in if you do not want to use paypal. We take all forms of payment. We will also have discount pricing if a group (2 or more) decides to either buy new modified units or send their units in for modifications. This is done on a custom quotation basis only.

If you have any questions, please respond to this email for assistance.

Thank you very much!Best Regards,

Douglas Jesse

Cheers

Mannie

Edited by jelliemillie

If you buy direct from Oppo USA, do they ship it with the US power cable or do they include an Australian power cable? I can see that BDP83 uses a detachable power cable.

You'll need to purchase one separately, Dick Smith, Tandy etc, unless you buy from

http://www.merlinaudiodesign.com.au/First_frame.html

http://www.gattiweb.com/bluraymod.html

then they supply them.

Thank god they haven't cancelled the cards, or introduced the international currency fees, for those of us lucky enough to still have one of these cards :)

I signed up for a wizard clear advantage mastercard card just before going overseas in August, so not sure why you guys think they arent doing these anymore? The ClearAdvantage is now (still?) run by GE Money, but it still has no fees, no international transaction fees etc

https://service.gemoney.com.au/scom/wizard/login.fcc

Edited by scarecrow420