2009 Afl Broadcast Guide

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day DansDans and Alista,

Firstly, Saturday Nights game, I've doubled checked with the AFL, it's definately only on TDT. Something to do with Southern Cross dropping Ten Programming

Secondly, Friday Nights match is not going to be broadcast into Adelaide or Perth on Seven

The only edit I do need to make though is that Regional S.A. are getting Friday Nights match via Southern Cross GTS/BKN at 9:30pm

It may sound strange, but thats whats in the broadcast guide with the AFL

Edit: Overlooked a section on the guide, it looks like Perth and Adelaide, are now getting it. They've updated their PDF files in otherwords

Friday Night's match now includes

Delayed To:

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven and GWN

Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven

Regional S.A. at 9:30pm on Southern Cross GTS/BKN

Edited by McDigital

Firstly, Saturday Nights game, I've doubled checked with the AFL, it's definately only on TDT. Something to do with Southern Cross dropping Ten Programming

Yes they have dropped all Ten programing but was worried they might come up with some sort of work around with Ten, Sounds like thats not the case.

Thanks

You are wrong i live in Adelaide and they had an advert for it to be shown on a 30 minute delay into Adelaide,on the seven network. live on fox sports 1 and 8pm.If you check the afl website and click on broadcast guide and on my digital tv guide on my hd tv it says 8.30pm into Adelaide

Edited by justin25

You are wrong i live in Adelaide and they had an advert for it to be shown on a 30 minute delay into Adelaide,on the seven network. live on fox sports 1 and 8pm.If you check the afl website and click on broadcast guide and on my digital tv guide on my hd tv it says 8.30pm into Adelaide

Yeah, that's what McDigital said :rolleyes: See quotes from earlier posts below.

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times) that would be 8:00 pm in Adeliade right? (my edit)

Delayed To:

Edited by BigBadBaz

G'day,

Week 2 of the NAB Cup, sees 3 matches in three different states

Friday Night: W. Bulldogs v Essendon - First Bounce: 8:40pm AEDST

Played At: Telstra Dome, Melbourne

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times)

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven and Prime

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on Southern Cross

Darwin at 7pm on Southern Cross

Saturday Night: Brisbane v St. Kilda - First Bounce: 7:40pm AEST - 8:40pm AEDST

Played At: Carrara Oval, Gold Coast

LIVE To:

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Ten, Southern Cross Ten and Ten Mildura

Perth at 6:30pm on Ten

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on TDT

Darwin at 7pm on Southern Cross

A.C.T. and N.S.W. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on TenHD

Warning: Southern Cross TenHD may or may not follow TenHD, as we saw last week with PrimeHD not following SevenHD

Delayed To:

Regional W.A. at 7:30pm on WIN

Regional N.T. at 8:10pm on Southern Cross Central

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Griffith at 9:45pm on WIN

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 11pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Sunday Night: Fremantle v Richmond - First Bounce: 6:40pm AWDST - 8:40pm AEDST

Played At: Subiaco, Perth

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times)

The Sat Game shows up as 8.30 pm and 11 pm on yourtv for TEN SYDNEY. Is one right and which one? A clooney movie seems to be on SC10 for 8.30

Yeah, that's what McDigital said :rolleyes: See quotes from earlier posts below.

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times) that would be 8:00 pm in Adeliade right? (my edit)

Delayed To:

Please fix this sa and wa wil be getting coverage of this game into Adelaide on a 30 minute delay not sure about how much of a delay for perth.

Edited by justin25

Please fix this sa and wa wil be getting coverage of this game into Adelaide on a 30 minute delay not sure about how much of a delay for perth.

Fix what? As McDigital posted, the game is live at 8.30 on Fox (Which is 8.00 Adelaide time), is delayed on Seven in Adelaide at 8.30 (that's 9.00 AEDT) and is delayed in Perth at 8.30 (That's 10.30 AEDT). :unsure:

It is from the freofrog member two posts up.Who has put it up incorecctly

G'day,

Fredofrog was just posting his remark by quoting me, as it stands I cant edit my own post that was first posted here on Tuesday night, BUT at that moment in time, Adelaide and Perth, with Regionals, were not on the list to get coverage

It must have been a last minute effort to get them on board as well from the sounds of it

Now a direct response to fredofrog, TenHD are listed at 8:30pm taking the match, Ten and Southern Cross Ten on the other hand have it at 11pm, which means TenSD and Analogue services

justin25, I can tell you love your footy, and like getting the information correct. I can assure you that I have since corrected my own post with the additional information as BigBadBaz has pointed

BigBadBaz, who do you go for in this league?

G'day,

Fredofrog was just posting his remark by quoting me, as it stands I cant edit my own post that was first posted here on Tuesday night, BUT at that moment in time, Adelaide and Perth, with Regionals, were not on the list to get coverage

It must have been a last minute effort to get them on board as well from the sounds of it

Now a direct response to fredofrog, TenHD are listed at 8:30pm taking the match, Ten and Southern Cross Ten on the other hand have it at 11pm, which means TenSD and Analogue services

justin25, I can tell you love your footy, and like getting the information correct. I can assure you that I have since corrected my own post with the additional information as BigBadBaz has pointed

BigBadBaz, who do you go for in this league?

Hi McDigital,

I'm a North Melbourne Fan/Member have supported them for 33 years and been a member for 13. :D GO ROOS :excl:

Alista, you might be out of luck with this, my EPG shows NAB cup tonight on both TDT and Southern Cross. :(

Rats, just as I thought things are starting to get better for us! They must have come up with some sort of agrement with Ten at the last minute!!!! :angry:

Edited by Alista

G'day,

BigBadBaz is on the ball, the TV guide has indeed changed once again, this time for Tasmanians, and BOTH Southern Cross and TDT are taking the Saturday Night match LIVE

Here's the strange part, the AFL site says TDT only...BUT Regional S.A. gets the coverage on BOTH Southern Cross GTS/BKN and Southern Cross Ten, which is a bit weird and I'm assuming an error

Any more changes?

G'day,

BigBadBaz is on the ball, the TV guide has indeed changed once again, this time for Tasmanians, and BOTH Southern Cross and TDT are taking the Saturday Night match LIVE

Here's the strange part, the AFL site says TDT only...BUT Regional S.A. gets the coverage on BOTH Southern Cross GTS/BKN and Southern Cross Ten, which is a bit weird and I'm assuming an error

Any more changes?

Just like "Good old North Melbourne". Didn't ask before McDigital, which team do you follow?

Just rang Southern Cross, said they have dropped all Ten programing but they have the rights to Ten AFL telecasts.

which really sux!!!!

I'm in two minds over this, while I would like to see both stations totally segregated especially for the AFL (so we don't have the redilculous situation like last year where games are live on SCX then delayed an hour or so on TDT), I also understand that a lot of people don't yet have access to TDT and so SCX really have to transmit it for these people to see it via analog.

Not sure what's the result but this might help put my ealier post into context (an exert from yourtv.com.au's personal guide for me)

Tomorrow (Saturday)

Ten's Saturday Night AFL

AFL Pre-Season - Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda [HD] 8.30pm-11pm TEN HD (12) edit

Ten's Saturday Night AFL

Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda [HD] 11pm-1am TEN HD (12) edit

Ten's Saturday Night AFL

Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda 11pm-1am SC10 (5) edit

I have AFL as a keyword so would find AFL braadcasts and list them (which I could delete if I choose to). For some reason the original personal guide showed 8.30pm start and now an 11pm start has been added and both show on my personal guide. Usually if one broadcast is removed from the schedule it will also (automatically) remove the personal guide entry e.g. NFL Pro Bowl I had last week

This is what the (all entry) guide says from yourtv

SC10 5.30pm Sports Tonight 6.30pm Mean Girls 8.30pm Out of Sight 11pm Ten's Saturday Night AFL Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda

TEN 6pm The Simpsons Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming 6.30pm Mean Girls Comedy. Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams. (PG) 8.30pm Out of Sight 11pm Ten's Saturday Night AFL Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda

TEN HD 6pm The Simpsons Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming 6.30pm Mean Girls (2004) Comedy. Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams. (PG) 8.30pm Ten's Saturday Night AFL AFL Pre-Season - Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda 11pm Ten's Saturday Night AFL Round 1 - Brisbane v St Kilda

Ten's own website for Sydney says

10 = AFL 11pm, 10HD = AFL 8.30pm LIVE and 11pm AFL

I'm questioning whether the TEN schedule wil be both 8.30 and 11pm or just one or the other

Edited by fredofrog

I'm in two minds over this, while I would like to see both stations totally segregated especially for the AFL (so we don't have the redilculous situation like last year where games are live on SCX then delayed an hour or so on TDT), I also understand that a lot of people don't yet have access to TDT and so SCX really have to transmit it for these people to see it via analog.

I'm a bit the same but from what I know it's about 75% of Tasmanias have access to TDT.

Like all Hobart is covered by Mt Wellington and various repeaters. Also Orford and Acton Road

Northern, Mt Barrow covers a big area, Juiana St, Devonport, Ulverston, Penguin & Burnie so thats pretty much 75% of population. Only the East coast, inner east and all of the West coast. They arn't all that populated but I see your point.

Did anyone notice lasts night game on fox sports 1 was a retransmitted channel seven game.Had the channel seven on screen graphics and chanel seven commentator's.I thought the normal fox sports commentators would be broadcasting it.

There was no point of FoxSports showing last nights game, they should've just had Seven broadcast the game throughout Australia and have FoxSports take Seven's next Friday Night Match or let FoxSports do all the broadcasting and giving Seven their feed.

Edited by laxine

All AFL 2009 Information regarding Matches, Venues, Dates, Times & Network Broadcasts can be found here:

http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/Copy%2...20-%20FINAL.xls

That site maybe ok for melb but perth and adel have different broadcasts on fta when their local teams play and im sure syd and qld are different too.

Mc dig covers everyone with his guide info.