Sanyo 22" Lcd @ Bigw $470....

You may have more options at JB hifi or Dicksmith Powerhouse in these days. I seen they have lots of different brands in their shops. As you said better check the specifications, aspecially the response time, its the main feature of LCD, the ms have an effect on the motion on sport and video games.

You may have more options at JB hifi or Dicksmith Powerhouse in these days. I seen they have lots of different brands in their shops. As you said better check the specifications, aspecially the response time, its the main feature of LCD, the ms have an effect on the motion on sport and video games.

Wehn I saw one in the shop it was 5ms.

Picked one up today and will probably take it back tomorrow. It is definitely NOT a 16:9 TV it is a 16:10 so you get ugly borders top and bottom if you want it in the correct ratio. OK picture at best.

I was just about to post:

"be careful I think 22 inch LCDs are 16:10" but you found that out the hard way.

These small screens all use PC panels which are 16:10. You may be able to find a 24" 16:9 if you're lucky but most likely you have to go up to 27" (or down to 10"!) to get a 16:9.

I recently bought a base (Target) LCD/DVB/DVD combo which is 16:10. The screen size is annoying but you do get used to is and as this is primarily for the kids i'm coping with it, or so my therapist tells me :mellow:

Josh.

I was just about to post:

"be careful I think 22 inch LCDs are 16:10" but you found that out the hard way.

These small screens all use PC panels which are 16:10. You may be able to find a 24" 16:9 if you're lucky but most likely you have to go up to 27" (or down to 10"!) to get a 16:9.

I recently bought a base (Target) LCD/DVB/DVD combo which is 16:10. The screen size is annoying but you do get used to is and as this is primarily for the kids i'm coping with it, or so my therapist tells me :mellow:

Josh.

Samsung make a 22" 16:9 1368*768 panel...just no HD tuner.

Or get a BenQ T2200HD (22" 1920x1080 ?8-bit) + a HD-STB. About half the price, depending on the quality of the STB ...

Not sure this would help your cause boxall, but the abovementioned monitor is advertised for $249 in Victoria.

Please note, i'm unfamiliar with this monitor and can't provide any feedback, but just noticed it advertised in my browsing earlier today.

Hi All,

Just found the latest specs from sanyo's latest model:

56CM LCD WIDESCREEN TV

HD digital tuner

Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Signal compatibility: 1080i/p; 720p; 576i/p

High contrast: 1,000: 1

Brightness: 250 nit

Stereo

Progressive scan

170 Degree viewing angle

5ms response time

Terminals: HDMI ; Component; Composite; VGA(D-sub); Digital audio out (coaxial)

Sleep timer

Teletext

Fixed table stand

Parental control

I've been looking for a decent performing small LCD for some time. This [http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/catalog/product.jsp;jsessionid=PE3LHAFG5ODA2CWSCFCCFEQK0IIUKIV0?id=KDL20S4000B&_requestid=120640] seems to be the best specified I can find. RRP is $799. JB's offered $749 and recently DSE were throwing in a 4GB Nano ipod at the RRP. Good Guys Rockhampton had a sale 'special' for $699 [black] and $729 [Poofter colours & White].

Sony don't mention whether they're 16:9 or 16:10. One draw back is that they don't appear to have a carry handle [or built in grips].

Have checked out the cheaper brands but haven't found any with similar specs.

• 1 month later...